Sponsored

Are you Sirius ?

Are you a Sirius Radio lover or hater, or what?

• Total voters

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
For those that use Spotify, Pandora, etc, doesn't that use a lot of data?
We have a huge data plan on our personal phones, but I usually use my work cell in the car. Company has unlimited data.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Googling around I found some 'interesting' downloads for Spotify without payment.
Care to elaborate any further with a link (or you can PM me)?

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
$153.70 month for two cars, wife likes listening to CNN (:surprised:). Also have a 256g mini flash drive will all my music in mine.
$153 per month? I hope you meant annually... I’m pretty certain I paid less than that for the entire year...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have unlimited data on my phone so I’m not sure how much it uses.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Spotify on high quality uses about 5GB a month for me. Obviously will vary alot be your listening habits though. Songs you add to your library are downloaded so they arent streamed when you listen again. You could do that on Wifi or set quality lower to conserve data if you needed to.

Sponsored

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
Not a fan of paying for something that is generally free. I have used the trial deals on long driving trips to avoid "channel hunting" while driving. Doesn't do well in the mountains. it's like I tell the Direct TV dudes that accost me in Costco or other stores, No. I like to be able to watch TV when it is raining.... I agree that the sound quality is poor and "tinny" sounding. I usually do the comedy channels when I have had it, but they start repeating pretty quickly too, not worth it to me...

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
The poll needs to add, sound quality (for music) is atrocious and not worth paying for.

Sirius was a bit repetitive but great for sports and talk which I miss but music just sounded really compressed and muddled.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I did not renew at the expiry of the free period. Sirius ran a free week recently and I listened here and there on the way home. I had 6, 7, 8, classic vinyl and margaritaville on the presets. I don’t think I heard a song I didn’t have amongst the 1000+ songs on my thumb drive. I think it’s probably okay if you travel in radio wasteland but in a major metropolitan area with a lot of choice I’m not sure I see the point.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
i have the lifetime subscription which i purchased back in 2006. it was offered back then for $400. i got it as soon as howard stern made the switch to sirius. i play it in the car through the sirius app. very happy with it.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
$153 per month? I hope you meant annually... I’m pretty certain I paid less than that for the entire year...
Yep, fat fingers and blind eye. That is per year

Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Only driving my car maybe 50 miles a week (if that) I cant see paying for a subscription service of any kind. I have Pandora and Slacker if I want something besides FM stations.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I listen to local radio and my exhaust . Sometimes i listen to flash drive or iPhone stuff.

The quality of the music on Sirius was all compressed and crappy. for me but I did like listening to Howard

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Our Sirius "free trial subscription" for the new WRX ended a few days ago (I don't think we ever used it, not even on a 4600 mile road trip). Anyway, I got several snail-mail letters coaxing me to re-up just before it did expire. Wonder if they're going to try some sort of "we miss you" pitch or other.

Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 301a Ruby Red PP2
I've renewed the subscription the past two or three years. I wish Backspin would return because the LL Cool J Rock the Bells that replaced it is just not the same. I enjoy SiriusXM on long trips when I do not want to just shuffle music on my phone. Mainly listen to Classic Vinyl, Deep Tracks, Liquid Metal, and the Beatles channel. Once college football season starts I listen to College Sports (ESPNU) during morning commutes and when traveling to the games on Saturdays.
Sponsored