Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
UPDATE:

So My dealer now finally calls me after having the car for two weeks and not doing anything...and says..."Oh you have a hole in the side of the block..." ME: OK....... "Dealer...your long tube headers COULD HAVE CAUSED THAT, YOUR NOT UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE OF THEM.

WTF !!!????!!!????!!!!

Is the Ford rep on this site ? Or what number do I call ? The Ford Performance line ?? This is BS !!!
There are lawyers that specialize in this sort of thing. You may need one. The onus is on them to prove that your headers caused the failure. Now, if you have a tune, and it caused the engine to ping, for example, and the hole was caused by a piston rod breaking and coming through the block, well, then they could be right in denying the claim. But they do need to prove it.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If you do mods like that and have any problems Ford and every other car manufacturer will use it to deny a claim. It sucks but don’t mod a new car under warranty if you can’t cover the cost to eat it. I suggest not to make a poo storm and see if they will do a one time goodwill claim.
Ya this is quite the "I'm a victim" cry. I'm about to go @Dominator961 on this situation. F it. Here goes.

True to the spirit of starting this out in @Dominator961-esque fashion...@Ninjak is a dumbass. Not for modding his GT350. But for thinking he could still retain his factory warranty after full exhaust and tune. So the factory designed flow rates of air/fuel thru the combustion chambers have been changed/altered. Not to mention the normal characteristic vibration and harmonics of the Voodoo have also been changed/altered. You know Ford really did put some thought into R&D on the Voodoo. I look at the stock exhaust manifolds and they are already basically shorty headers. Everything has been designed and worked out by qualified engineers. It really doesn't matter if the rods and pistons should hold up or not. Just because a buddy did it or x number of posters on the forum did it and have x amount of miles with no issues doesn't mean there isn't going to be an issue. This is simple. How many stock Voodoo's have had a window in the block? Bet not many and I bet Ford knows. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing how FORD fails in the opinions of these types of posters because they are denying a claim like this. Ford has to set a boundary. Looks like full exhaust and tuned are outside the boundary. As if he didn't think he was pushing it? GMAFB. The warranty didn't matter to him the second he purchased the parts and had them installed. If he wired in a subs and amps to his radio and it blew or caused a fire in the fuse box should FORD replace all that too?

There's this saying, "You play you pay". A mod free for all isn't part of the factory warranty.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
x2

It's sad but true.

Someone here posted the remarks made by a Ford engineer they met at a Ford event. The question was about "tuning" these engines. The engineer said that these engines are already at about their maximum output while maintaining durability. The guy said, 526 is about all you can and SHOULD get out of this NA engine. And he went on to say that many tunes just mess with where and how the power comes on so you see different results. Like a few more peak HP for those Dyno junkies but at expense of a broader powerband. Or, some engines (not likely the voodoo) give you more bottom end so the driving FEELS like it's faster based on around-town driving.

I've also read some Ford tech documents that teach techs what to look for in order to figure out when an engine has been modified, both by tune and even exhausts, then they explain what parts could be destroyed by those aftermarket parts, and thus, when to void warranties.

Based on this and similar reports that came from Ford engineers, I personally have decided not to even modify my exhaust, not even an H pipe. Hell, the car sounds incredible anyway.. But if some Voodoos fail or consume oil, and Ford is totally willing to replace them, why do anything to impede that process?

Should an exhaust and tune cause this? Maybe if the engine wasn't already tuned for max output, it wouldn't have. This is not a plain GT, it's a GT350. You want to add more HP, pull it apart first and beef it up inside. Do it right.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I was running 93. The only thing the "so called tune" did was turn off my engine light. The fact that my car "low engine oil" light came on did not have anything to do with headers. Nothing at all. It's quite obvious all of you support the dealer's because of whatever reason types have not read the Magnuson warranty act of 1997. Yes...it covers AFTERMARKET PARTS. They need to prove that headers and even a so called tune caused the oil pickup to fail and widow my engine.

I have the means to fix the vehicle, but why should I when the car has 6k miles and a engine failure from Ford widow the block. We would not have all of these threads on the engine if there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. This is a case of I did not buy this car at this dealer, so they do not want to take the warranty. That should not matter...all of it is Ford.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Totally agree with you and the Magnuson act. That's why I say hire an attorney. I've heard some great results from others who have done that with other makes like Porsche, VW and Audi. I know I'd fight like hell to make Ford pay for it too. I just think the aftermarket parts create more of an uphill battle. And I do wish you all the luck in the world for sure!!! (Both for you and for others following that path.),

And please do report back. I hope the comments here don't prevent you from doing so. Cause if you win and if you prove, like at least one other did, that it was an unrelated failure (like of the oil pump pickup failing) then you win, we all win, the car's reputation wins, and resale value stays strong, etc.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I was running 93. The only thing the "so called tune" did was turn off my engine light. The fact that my car "low engine oil" light came on did not have anything to do with headers. Nothing at all. It's quite obvious all of you support the dealer's because of whatever reason types have not read the Magnuson warranty act of 1997. Yes...it covers AFTERMARKET PARTS. They need to prove that headers and even a so called tune caused the oil pickup to fail and widow my engine.

I have the means to fix the vehicle, but why should I when the car has 6k miles and a engine failure from Ford widow the block. We would not have all of these threads on the engine if there was nothing wrong with them in the first place. This is a case of I did not buy this car at this dealer, so they do not want to take the warranty. That should not matter...all of it is Ford.
Tunes make power by playing with A/F and timing both can cause the issue you have. Their warranty denial is valid but annoying im sure.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
x2

It's sad but true.

Someone here posted the remarks made by a Ford engineer they met at a Ford event. The question was about "tuning" these engines. The engineer said that these engines are already at about their maximum output while maintaining durability. The guy said, 526 is about all you can and SHOULD get out of this NA engine. And he went on to say that many tunes just mess with where and how the power comes on so you see different results. Like a few more peak HP for those Dyno junkies but at expense of a broader powerband. Or, some engines (not likely the voodoo) give you more bottom end so the driving FEELS like it's faster based on around-town driving.

I've also read some Ford tech documents that teach techs what to look for in order to figure out when an engine has been modified, both by tune and even exhausts, then they explain what parts could be destroyed by those aftermarket parts, and thus, when to void warranties.

Based on this and similar reports that came from Ford engineers, I personally have decided not to even modify my exhaust, not even an H pipe. Hell, the car sounds incredible anyway.. But if some Voodoos fail or consume oil, and Ford is totally willing to replace them, why do anything to impede that process?

Should an exhaust and tune cause this? Maybe if the engine wasn't already tuned for max output, it wouldn't have. This is not a plain GT, it's a GT350. You want to add more HP, pull it apart first and beef it up inside. Do it right.
x2

Unfortunately, I must agree with keeping it stock to maintain warranty coverage. In the end, Ford holds the cards. I bet that in the end the true burden of proof is on the owner to show that the mod did not cause the failure and Ford has way more time, lawyers and engineers than we do. I waited until my 2008 GT500 was out of warranty before swapping blowers for this very reason.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Ya this is quite the "I'm a victim" cry. I'm about to go @Dominator961 on this situation. F it. Here goes.

True to the spirit of starting this out in @Dominator961-esque fashion...@Ninjak is a dumbass. Not for modding his GT350. But for thinking he could still retain his factory warranty after full exhaust and tune. So the factory designed flow rates of air/fuel thru the combustion chambers have been changed/altered. Not to mention the normal characteristic vibration and harmonics of the Voodoo have also been changed/altered. You know Ford really did put some thought into R&D on the Voodoo. I look at the stock exhaust manifolds and they are already basically shorty headers. Everything has been designed and worked out by qualified engineers. It really doesn't matter if the rods and pistons should hold up or not. Just because a buddy did it or x number of posters on the forum did it and have x amount of miles with no issues doesn't mean there isn't going to be an issue. This is simple. How many stock Voodoo's have had a window in the block? Bet not many and I bet Ford knows. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing how FORD fails in the opinions of these types of posters because they are denying a claim like this. Ford has to set a boundary. Looks like full exhaust and tuned are outside the boundary. As if he didn't think he was pushing it? GMAFB. The warranty didn't matter to him the second he purchased the parts and had them installed. If he wired in a subs and amps to his radio and it blew or caused a fire in the fuse box should FORD replace all that too?

There's this saying, "You play you pay". A mod free for all isn't part of the factory warranty.
Wow gee thanks

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

You did full exhaust and didn't even tune the engine for the new found air fuel rate? All you did was disable the engine light? Wow. Who taught you how to mod? You should hit them in the mouth.

So, all these threads on engines which you suggest there's something wrong but you go ahead and go full exhaust and NO tune?

Just doesn't sound like you knew what you were doing from the get go. You changed the parameters so much and then told the car nothing to see here, everything is OK. Car might've lived...in the hands of a capable modder. Appears like this is all on you man.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

And YOU need to prove the headers and tune DIDNT cause the failure.
I suggest you hire V00D00 as your lawyer. He thinks he’s above God and Ford and can get anything fixed under warranty.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
It's my way of complimenting your style.
Lmao. See now you know how I see these threads. People bitch and cry when it happens to them and feel they are above the rules.

Like you said, once someone orders and install aftermarket parts they assumed the car will be fine and not break down or fail because it’s new. But when it does, they expect ford or the manufacturer to fix their failure.

If a murder by gun happens, who’s at fault? The person shooting, the gun or the bullet?
We all know it’s the person.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
You did full exhaust and didn't even tune the engine for the new found air fuel rate? All you did was disable the engine light? Wow. Who taught you how to mod? You should hit them in the mouth.

So, all these threads on engines which you suggest there's something wrong but you go ahead and go full exhaust and NO tune?

Just doesn't sound like you knew what you were doing from the get go. You changed the parameters so much and then told the car nothing to see here, everything is OK. Car might've lived...in the hands of a capable modder. Appears like this is all on you man.
Lmao. Welcome to the Dominator side. I like this new side of you.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Lmao. See now you know how I see these threads. People bitch and cry when it happens to them and feel they are above the rules.

Like you said, once someone orders and install aftermarket parts they assumed the car will be fine and not break down or fail because it’s new. But when it does, they expect ford or the manufacturer to fix their failure.

If a murder by gun happens, who’s at fault? The person shooting, the gun or the bullet?
We all know it’s the person.
Actually I genuinely feel Ninjak is the victim. I want to start a GoFundMe for him.

The fine print
10% of all donations will go toward a new engine. The remaining 90% will be used for my 2020 GT500.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Does the car still have the converters on it?
Sponsored