MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Does he program the APIM? If not then who?
Not sure. I think he provides the codes needed but I have assumed we need to save the changes on to the cars ourselves. I just ordered parts from him and have not received them yet. I plan on following the instructions to change my "as built data" myself if need be.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm not sure if I can post this here however I will let you guys know that YES, we do remote configuration. We also sell the complete kits.

Our kits are quite different than the companies mentioned above as well any of the individuals who are selling kits on Facebook and Instagram. Be aware that many of them are now selling APIMs and Screens brought over second hand from China. We don't have any way of knowing the source of these units so we actually try to warn people of this upfront.
Our kits include:
-Ford APIM/Touchsreen from a low mileage vehicle, pre-configured to your car and updated to the latest version of Sync 3
-Ford control bezel. We do not sell used bezels with climate controlled seat buttons. Only sell new Recaro bezels with a Motorcraft parts warranty.
-Ford USB Cables We source our cables and hubs direct from Ford, we do not use the Chinese versions that are being sold on eBay
-Ford Media Hub Used for Android Auto and CarPlay
-Harness By Hextall Plug N Play hand-built harness, no changes need to be made to you car. Built without the cheap parts used by competitors..
-Harness By Hextall telemetry antenna. We no longer use or recommend the Amazon antennas, we now produce ours with an OE manufacturer
-OBDLink MX tool rental with a configuration session. We make the changes necessary to enable drive modes, toggle switches and BT via a remote connection.

Options include factory NAV, Sirius and or Sirius and HD Radio. You do not need to replace your ACM if you don't care about Sirius or HD Radio.

If you have any further questions about pricing or want to place an order you can reach Chris (Chris@HBH) or myself at 513-491-1327

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Not sure. I think he provides the codes needed but I have assumed we need to save the changes on to the cars ourselves. I just ordered parts from him and have not received them yet. I plan on following the instructions to change my "as built data" myself if need be.
I upgaded a year ago from MyTouch to Sync 3. I sent my donor APIM to Jason at http://www.flvpmods.com for programming. The unit was on the way back to me same day he received it programmed without flaw. My experience was satisfactory. If this vendor Hextall does not program perhaps he should provide the Jason the programmer contact.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I upgaded a year ago from MyTouch to Sync 3. I sent my donor APIM to Jason at http://www.flvpmods.com for programming. The unit was on the way back to me same day he received it programmed without flaw. My experience was satisfactory. If this vendor Hextall does not program perhaps he should provide the Jason the programmer contact.
Doing a swap from the base radio to Sync 3 or MFT requires a changes to modules that aren't being swapped, so it's not possible to send you a pre-programmed setup. UNLESS you want to swap your ABS, Instrument Panel Cluster, and Body Control modules.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Doing a swap from the base radio to Sync 3 or MFT requires a changes to modules that aren't being swapped, so it's not possible to send you a pre-programmed setup. UNLESS you want to swap your ABS, Instrument Panel Cluster, and Body Control modules.
Huh? My reply was regarding a pro
My comment was regarding a programmer Now that said unless I missed something, programming the APIM is to ensure uour vin and the APIM programming are a match, not a remobeal or addition of compnents. My APIM was prorammed to work with my unit. My update was easy as my 2015 was already premium. To update from base it is my understanding a larger screen APIM and cables are necessary to transition. Thanks for your time and consideration

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ok, ok, ok. Before people start getting confused let me state this again. YES Harness By Hextall performs configuration of the APIM and FCIM BEFORE we ship it. Contained in our kit is an OBDLINK MX rental tool. After the customer has performed the installation of the parts we remote in via Chrome Browser and change the other config files to set the ACM to the proper generation and some other little tricks. We also fix the toggle switches and if the user requests it we will enable drive modes with the signing of a waiver.

@MidwayJ your APIM will come preconfigured. You will also receive the worksheet with the data needed for your specific car. That is something we give customers for free.

My comment was regarding a programmer Now that said unless I missed something, programming the APIM is to ensure uour vin and the APIM programming are a match, not a remobeal or addition of compnents. My APIM was prorammed to work with my unit. My update was easy as my 2015 was already premium. To update from base it is my understanding a larger screen APIM and cables are necessary to transition. Thanks for your time and consideration

APIMs DO NOT store the VIN. The only reason you can see a VIN on the APIM is that it is broadcast to the APIM by the BCM. The list of what parts are needed is above.

Chris@HBH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
We're finally on Youtube LOL we have three videos related to our Sync conversion kits and harnesses.

Part 1 details FORScan configuration.

Like, subscribe, comment you guys know the deal.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Great. It should be helpful for my install.

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Question, I changed all the settings I wanted to change, works great I have hd radio etc

Iā€™m getting a navigation error fault now popping up, I do not recall changing any nav settings on, do you know of any settings I need to check to make sure that are off?

Also, am I supposed to change a vin number somewhere in the new acm to my new car? I never changed any vins if I was supposed to thanks

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
For the Navigation error change the gps antenna. To clear the error go into the debug/testing menu and delete the navigation error there. The navigation should come straight up after this. And you donā€˜t need to add the VIN anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.