Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

jjminch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost 6M Base
I thought it was mentioned that 2018 and up no tune was required everything was already enabled. Has this been confirmed?
Sure hope this is true. Wish there was an easy way of finding out, other than gambling on the parts.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the 2018 EcoBoost Premium 201A (Digital Dash) has the gauge pod connector? If not, after wiring in the gauge pod connector, is the tune to change oil pressure sender all that is required? Or will the oil pressure sender and pigtail need to be obtained and installed? Hate to commit to buying the parts without verification of what is involved for my specific year and model. It would be nice if there was a spreadsheet with verified information by year, engine, and trim that showed which parts, options, tune were required to keep the endless guessing, misinformation, and repetitive questions from happening. I just hate to disassemble my dash to find out for myself if it can be avoided. I've found with past cars that the more you take trim pieces on and off, the more chance of annoying rattles and noise vibrations developing, so hope to minimize that to only what is necessary for actual installation.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Does anyone know if the 2018 EcoBoost Premium 201A (Digital Dash) has the gauge pod connector? If not, after wiring in the gauge pod connector, is the tune to change oil pressure sender all that is required? Or will the oil pressure sender and pigtail need to be obtained and installed? Hate to commit to buying the parts without verification of what is involved for my specific year and model. It would be nice if there was a spreadsheet with verified information by year, engine, and trim that showed which parts, options, tune were required to keep the endless guessing, misinformation, and repetitive questions from happening. I just hate to disassemble my dash to find out for myself if it can be avoided. I've found with past cars that the more you take trim pieces on and off, the more chance of annoying rattles and noise vibrations developing, so hope to minimize that to only what is necessary for actual installation.
I have a 2018 Eco with the 201A digital dash and based on what the other user said on page 3 his 2018 GT with the digital dash worked out of the box. I was looking to do this also but it's hard to know if the plug is there. From what I can tell by what people say the plug is there and all you need to do is plug and go. I am considering doing the same thing and if I do, I will let everyone know if it works. I have the same issue as you about buying parts that I am unsure will work.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I have a 2018 Eco with the 201A digital dash and based on what the other user said on page 3 his 2018 GT with the digital dash worked out of the box. I was looking to do this also but it's hard to know if the plug is there. From what I can tell by what people say the plug is there and all you need to do is plug and go. I am considering doing the same thing and if I do, I will let everyone know if it works. I have the same issue as you about buying parts that I am unsure will work.
my 17 Ecoboost premium had the connector behind the dash as others have mentioned. Takes only about 10 minutes to remove dash trim and radio screen to verify. I would just buy the gauge first to verify it works. you can always sell the gauge if it doesn't work and perhaps take a small loss. For. me it requires the parts, cobb(which I didn't have desire to do yet) and custom tune. I want to do it but the cost is adding up even with second hand parts.

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
my 17 Ecoboost premium had the connector behind the dash as others have mentioned. Takes only about 10 minutes to remove dash trim and radio screen to verify. I would just buy the gauge first to verify it works. you can always sell the gauge if it doesn't work and perhaps take a small loss. For. me it requires the parts, cobb(which I didn't have desire to do yet) and custom tune. I want to do it but the cost is adding up even with second hand parts.
Sounds like a good idea. I wasn't sure how involved the disassembly was but if you are saying ten minutes that isn't bad. I would also need to find the dash trim. Can't seem to find any on Ebay.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Sounds like a good idea. I wasn't sure how involved the disassembly was but if you are saying ten minutes that isn't bad. I would also need to find the dash trim. Can't seem to find any on Ebay.
only involves removing center vent trim, then little dash cover plate(next to USB, says shaker if you shaker system) you will now have access to 2 acres at top and bottom to remove radio bezel. I pulled out the bezel far enough to get nut driver behind bezel to remove 4 screws that hold radio screen in. once screws removed I just pulled screen out of the way (protect screen from with rag). there's enough room to verify gauge connector and grab from behind and pull around. the connect is held into the square hole and I had to push it out from the front. going by memory so hopefully I didn't miss a step. Only new clusters available on ebay currently for about 225, part#FR3Z-10849-G.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
only involves removing center vent trim, then little dash cover plate(next to USB, says shaker if you shaker system) you will now have access to 2 acres at top and bottom to remove radio bezel. I pulled out the bezel far enough to get nut driver behind bezel to remove 4 screws that hold radio screen in. once screws removed I just pulled screen out of the way (protect screen from with rag). there's enough room to verify gauge connector and grab from behind and pull around. the connect is held into the square hole and I had to push it out from the front. going by memory so hopefully I didn't miss a step. Only new clusters available on ebay currently for about 225, part#FR3Z-10849-G.
Thanks for this! The gauges I think I can get, it's the trim panel I need since I have three vents instead of two vents and the space for the PP gauges.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Did anybody try HP tuner soft at home to switch the "switch" to transducer in settings?
Is it just selecting transducer and saving or will it erase an existing tune...?

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
@canyon ed were you ever able to find part# or screw size? about to go hit up hardware store and find a screw that fits. . . lol. Thx
Thanks and I did I found the correct screws from another Mustang parts guy. You can order them thru ford also. I also found the PP1 plastic air vent assembly like new. Anyone wanna see a pic.? This part will be perfect for the conversion.. Here are some pics of the duct work. So any tips on installing this?
IMG_5513.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_5514.JPG
IMG_5516.JPG

Last edited:

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
@canyon ed, can you confirm this is correct trim panel and what finish it was. Thx.
I was misled and it was wrong. As soon as I called they took down the 4 pod picture. The told me I would have to pay for return shipping so I so it on Ebay.Thanks Concord parts

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I was misled and it was wrong. As soon as I called they took down the 4 pod picture. The told me I would have to pay for return shipping so I so it on Ebay.Thanks Concord parts
no worries, you actually responded earlier and saved me from making same mistake. ironically they still show incorrect picture. I was lucky enough to score entire pp dash trim for $137 shipped. I expected it to have some damage forcing me to wrap or sand to brushed aluminum finish but it turned out to be in perfect condition. just waiting on gauge cluster to arrive. for your help.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
no worries, you actually responded earlier and saved me from making same mistake. ironically they still show incorrect picture. I was lucky enough to score entire pp dash trim for $137 shipped. I expected it to have some damage forcing me to wrap or sand to brushed aluminum finish but it turned out to be in perfect condition. just waiting on gauge cluster to arrive. for your help.
Cool take pics and report back. I hope to do mine by the end of April.
Sponsored