Sponsored

Steeda S550 Perf Pack Mustang GT Front & Rear Two-Piece Rotor Set (2015-2019)

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Past 2 mornings I’ve had a very slight squeal first thing as I’m reversing out of the garage but it’s gone once I depress the pedal further and drive off. Other than that everything has been silent, all street driving.
Did you notice any ride difference with the reduced weight or "peppiness"? I know it isnt a ton of rotating weight, but I definitely noticed the 32lbs off the wheels.
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Did you notice any ride difference with the reduced weight or "peppiness"? I know it isnt a ton of rotating weight, but I definitely noticed the 32lbs off the wheels.
Maybe, but I also upgraded from the 4-piston brakes at the same time. For me it was like a 4-5 lb drop per front wheel including the caliper difference.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe, but I also upgraded from the 4-piston brakes at the same time. For me it was like a 4-5 lb drop per front wheel including the caliper difference.
Gotcha, thx

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Service components and kits will be available in a week!

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Let's talk just about the rear brakes for a minute. Is it worth it to upgrade to the two piece kits just to drop the 4lbs per wheel and avoid heat transference to the wheel hub? I don't even know if heat transference to the rear wheel hub is even an issue with hard abuse (I know it is in the front) so if the rear bearings don't heat up then it just comes down to the 4lbs per wheel weight savings.

Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Let's talk just about the rear brakes for a minute. Is it worth it to upgrade to the two piece kits just to drop the 4lbs per wheel and avoid heat transference to the wheel hub? I don't even know if heat transference to the rear wheel hub is even an issue with hard abuse (I know it is in the front) so if the rear bearings don't heat up then it just comes down to the 4lbs per wheel weight savings.
This was my thought process when I bought mine. The rears stay super cool now. They took longer to bed in than the front, lol. I debated leaving the dust shields on and after leaving them on I don't think I needed to remove them with how cool they run.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
This was my thought process when I bought mine. The rears stay super cool now. They took longer to bed in than the front, lol. I debated leaving the dust shields on and after leaving them on I don't think I needed to remove them with how cool they run.
You are correct for HPDE. We remove them on the 20 T1 car for additional cooling for high speed competition events.

Steeda Tech

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finally got around to installing mine. They look great and I'll put them through their paces soon at Sonoma & Thunderhill.
20190528_213044x.jpg
20190528_213128x.jpg

On a separate note, anyone have a tip for cleaning up the oxidation on the brake calipers? TIA.

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to installing mine. They look great and I'll put them through their paces soon at Sonoma & Thunderhill.
20190528_213044x.jpg
20190528_213128x.jpg

On a separate note, anyone have a tip for cleaning up the oxidation on the brake calipers? TIA.
Use some brake cleaner to get them clean and dry, then coat 2-3 times (painted surfaces only, NO functional surfaces of course) with CQuartz DLUX. Will make them look beautiful again. Allow to properly cure 24hrs without use or getting them wet after buffing it off (within a minute or two of application they should be buffed down to remove excess).

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Use some brake cleaner to get them clean and dry, then coat 2-3 times (painted surfaces only, NO functional surfaces of course) with CQuartz DLUX. Will make them look beautiful again. Allow to properly cure 24hrs without use or getting them wet after buffing it off (within a minute or two of application they should be buffed down to remove excess).
Nice, Thanks!

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Massive ticking developed with my steeda two piece rotors.

Internet search revealed that it might be something a little brake cleaner would solved (something about aluminum rotors mating to aluminum wheels). Surely, that wouldn't do it.

In my case its aluminum rotors, aluminum spacers, and aluminum wheels.

Yep~ a bit of elbow grease on the mating surfaces of the aluminum hats, wheels and both sides of the spacers (and lug nuts too for good measure), and noises are all gone! I'm so glad it was just that.

(and don't call me Shirley)

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Massive ticking developed with my steeda two piece rotors.

Internet search revealed that it might be something a little brake cleaner would solved (something about aluminum rotors mating to aluminum wheels). Surely, that wouldn't do it.

In my case its aluminum rotors, aluminum spacers, and aluminum wheels.

Yep~ a bit of elbow grease on the mating surfaces of the aluminum hats, wheels and both sides of the spacers (and lug nuts too for good measure), and noises are all gone! I'm so glad it was just that.

(and don't call me Shirley)
@NightmareMoon
@SteedaTech

Do you have a HPDE track pad you prefer with these Steeda rotors? I just ordered them, and trying to figure out which pads to go with for track (2020 PP1 car). I currently have G-Loc R10’s on front stock rotors and they were LOUD. Like really loud, but worked amazing. I destroyed my rear rotors on Friday though, so figured I’d just go all-in with this Steeda set.
Flyhalf has recommend the Hawk DCT70 front and DCT60 rear for track and they don’t make noise, so I’m debating those.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like the Hawks reputation for chewing up rotors and having corrosive dust.

I use Gloc R12/R10 (Front/rear). They're noisy AF, so I only keep them on the car for track days and switch back to their street pads for daily use. IIRC for best results you want a slightly more aggressive compound on the front.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Flyhalf has recommend the Hawk DCT70 front and DCT60 rear for track and they don’t make noise, so I’m debating those.
I use that set up and they work well on track but mine squeal and dust up pretty good.

If you do go with this set up make sure you wash your wheels the next day.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I use that set up and they work well on track but mine squeal and dust up pretty good.

If you do go with this set up make sure you wash your wheels the next day.
Thanks!
Sponsored