Who is trading in for the new GT500?

• Total voters

Stevdug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350, 2015 Z06, 1986 SVO, 1990 ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not a dealer or salesman but remember the customer will determine the admin. Lots of hands out full of money at 25k over and that’s the magic number but few or no takers it will settle quickly to market.
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could keep the GT350 and buy GT500 but for sure I'll keep the GT350.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Seems like a majority of folks are not interested in the GT500... I'm not surprised, I was disappointed in the reveal.

I never considered trading in my R for one (no manual), but I could potentially see making it my new daily driver and retiring the Sublime Hellcat. I'd have to have Grabber Lime though.
I'm definitely interested.

How could someone NOT like the Carbon Spoiler, Wheels package, 700hp+ those Massive Brakes and have the Baddest Stang in Ford history?

But a few things will influence my decision. What final numbers will be in terms of Weight, HP, TQ, 1320 times.

I can probably live with a DCT if I have no choice. I won't buy till 2nd year no matter what, and I'm not paying more than $5,000.00 ADM.

In addition, the Corvette Mid-Engine is supposed to be revealed soon, and it will be competition.

IMHO the Dodge Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, etc... don't compete with either the GT500 or the Corvette.

I guess we are fortunate to be living in these times. I remember back in 1973 when the HP wars Stopped. Mustangs, Camaro, and Vettes were slow.

Let's not talk about the early 1980s, lol.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
I’m not a dealer or salesman but remember the customer will determine the admin. Lots of hands out full of money at 25k over and that’s the magic number but few or no takers it will settle quickly to market.

Not gonna happen Year One. ADM is a given.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Ill entertain the idea in 2021 once the marketing buzz falls off and the dealers return to reality. I love the new car in Legendary Silver, but ill probably just buy it and not trade anything in.

Like the dealers have come back to reality since they released the GT350R (4 years later)? :cwl:
GT.png

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I'm definitely interested.

How could someone NOT like the Carbon Spoiler, Wheels package, 700hp+ those Massive Brakes and have the Baddest Stang in Ford history?

But a few things will influence my decision. What final numbers will be in terms of Weight, HP, TQ, 1320 times.

I can probably live with a DCT if I have no choice. I won't buy till 2nd year no matter what, and I'm not paying more than $5,000.00 ADM.

In addition, the Corvette Mid-Engine is supposed to be revealed soon, and it will be competition.

IMHO the Dodge Hellcat, Demon, Redeye, etc... don't compete with either the GT500 or the Corvette.

I guess we are fortunate to be living in these times. I remember back in 1973 when the HP wars Stopped. Mustangs, Camaro, and Vettes were slow.

Let's not talk about the early 1980s, lol.

I do like the exposed CF wheels, spoiler, CF driveshaft, etc... but I don't think the new GT500 is a better looking car than the R. Call me shallow - looks are important. I also don't care for the knob shifter - my wife's old Durango R/T had one. You get used to it, but it's a bad design.

Agreed that the Challengers (and all 27 variants) are not a direct competitor to the GT500, but it would be used the same way my Hellcat is being used now - as a daily driver and dropping the kids off to school / daycare. I think there was some confusion of the GT500 mission statement - at least on my end. Thought it would be more of a street car / muscle car / straight line car. I'm eager to see what it does on a track like VIR compared to the ZL1 1LE. I think that would determine the success of the new car IMHO. Many die hard Ford fan bois are going to buy it no matter what. I'm an enthusiast and the badge on the hood doesn't mean a whole lot.

New mid-engine Corvette will be interesting, but I'm worried that they fail in the design (visually appealing) like they did with the C7 (yes, that's my opinion after owning Vettes from C4, C5 and C6).

Now I'm just rambling... what were we talking about?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I will be getting one to add to my car roster.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I have the #2 slot at my Ford dealer for a GT500. The automatic is welcome to me as I recently damaged my right shoulder for the 3rd time and cannot drive any of my stick shift cars. I think I am headed for an all automatic trans fleet in the future.

I took my GT350 to a car event on Saturday but had to have a friend drive it there and back as I cannot push past the spring to get from the 3/4 gate to the 1/2 gate. I did get to drive an SLS AMG at the event.

Eric5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A
Because once my '19 arrives and gets a TT installed I'll have a car that 1/4 miles faster than a GT500 for a lot less $.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Because once my '19 arrives and gets a TT installed I'll have a car that 1/4 miles faster than a GT500 for a lot less $.
True!

BritishBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang 2018 UK
I will definitely be getting one as long as I can find a dealer who will help me export to the UK ? anyone know of one near them at all

thanks in advance

Michal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michal
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 DHG
I love my Bullitt and GT500 won't be available in Europe anyway. Also, this will be too powerful for streets and to heavy for the track.

Lacquer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
I am in!:like: Finally we have a Mustang with a leading edge performance, a leading edge transmission, and a purpose Carroll Shelby would be proud of. The GT500 will be exceptional at so many things, and so far ahead in it's class. After a dozen Mustangs over the years, my wife and I thought we would never own another because they were getting lost in a crowd of similar cars. This Mustang will be the most fun, versatile Mustang ever! The only Mustang I can think I might want more would be a GT350R with DCT. I applaud Ford:clap: for bringing this to market, (it almost didn't make it). The GT500 is a game changer and I want one!

Last edited:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I will be getting one, but it will be Fall 2020 After the Hoopla has died down and I can get one for MSRP or 5k over
NO TO ADM. don't do it!!!!!!

$ 100K for a Mustang. We indeed live in strange times. :crazy:
yeah shit is getting stupid priced. even worse on boats
Sponsored