Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Ford was in a bind w/manual vs Auto. What I like is a 7 speed auto, my 16 GT 6R80 is great w/3.55:1 gear and this new tremec 7 speed is what I want to experience. Money for an R or 500, I ain't got it. Se ya, running thru the twisty's!
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I will be in for a one year old that has no additional charge and some money off list. Not a brand new one though. But as they say "there's an ass for every seat"!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford really doesn’t have a choice on the auto or manual debate. The automotive press will say they wish it was a manual then bash it in the same article for “disappointing times” at the strip and track. Basically every high end performance car comes with an automatic now. They are trying to compete with certain competitors and the new auto transmissions provide a noticeable performance upgrade
To be fair, when the automotive press compared the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE to the GT350 and GT350R, they said that the Camaro was a little faster, but they preferred the Mustang. So I disagree with what you are saying here. Mostly from what I can tell it's trolls on this forum constantly talking about performance times and acting like a small time difference on track is HUGE. The car reviewers know better because they have actually driven the cars and so the reviews reflect which cars are more entertaining to drive.

So, IMO Ford definitely has a choice. But I'm glad they are building a car to show the potential of performance. It would be awesome if they eventually add a manual transmission option, though.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They'll be out of my price range new, unfortunately. If I were to pop for one, it would be a barely used example as was the case with my '07. And that car didn't live up to the hype I had created for it in my mind.

That said, I think the GT350 is more of a unique car, and I'd rather have one. However, I've been getting back into guns and motorcycles more than caring which Mustang I own though.

Lastly, since my lowly GT has been paid off since last May and has barely over 7K on the odo, I'd almost rather turbo it and keep it since it's nicely set up otherwise....

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
To be fair, when the automotive press compared the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE to the GT350 and GT350R, they said that the Camaro was a little faster, but they preferred the Mustang. So I disagree with what you are saying here. Mostly from what I can tell it's trolls on this forum constantly talking about performance times and acting like a small time difference on track is HUGE. The car reviewers know better because they have actually driven the cars and so the reviews reflect which cars are more entertaining to drive.

So, IMO Ford definitely has a choice. But I'm glad they are building a car to show the potential of performance. It would be awesome if they eventually add a manual transmission option, though.
I have a storng feeling they are going to make a manual option, however I feel like its going to be a $2000 option or something like that

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I'm on the fence.

Depends on the price/ADMs and what the car mags have to say after they test it vs. other benchmark cars. Still too many unknowns about the car. Not so concerned about the HP/Torque numbers, but I am concerned about the weight. Lack of a manual is a real drawback, not sure if it's a deal breaker or not. But the Carbon Fiber Track Pack option is a "must have" for me.

I love my GT350 and would be in no hurry to trade. If I did, it wouldn't be for at least another 2-3 years. Hopefully a manual version would be released by then.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Probably not...if I were closer to a real track I may be able to justify getting one. A GT500 would be a waste, my PP is kinda that way now just doing Autocross.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I was interested in one until I started talking to some dealers in the Chicago area. Apparently the local area dealers have been discussing this and they feel a $25k ADM is the best option for anyone who wants a GT500. This is the info I got from the guys who have sold me 3 Mustangs, including my '14 GT500 which was at MSRP. They weren't even interested in taking a deposit or starting a list or perspective buyers. I heard the usual BS of we don't know how many will be produced, how many, if any, they will get, etc, etc. I was expecting some ADM sure, maybe $5-$10k which I was not happy with but figured I could work with them on, but at $25k, sorry but no thanks. This is the same basic response I received from 7 dealers in the Chicago area... What a way to ruin what could be a great car.

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
The car is definitely interesting and pretty cool looking, but I would REALLY miss the manual and the gymnastics you have to go thru to find and secure a car at sticker just not appealing. Love my 350. I mean really, how fast to you really need. This car is scary fast as it is. Keeping her.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was interested in one until I started talking to some dealers in the Chicago area. Apparently the local area dealers have been discussing this and they feel a $25k ADM is the best option for anyone who wants a GT500.
Yep, I was talking with someone who's ITK with east coast (of Florida) dealers, and they heard the same thing - which was my guess as the details for this car started to emerge. I suspect a majority of the cars from the 1st year, maybe even 2nd year go for $100K or more (of course, I'm also assuming something about the MSRP and package prices ...)

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I am interested. I need to weigh the pro's and cons. I like the GT500 I like the improvements. I love my GT350 as well, but if I really tell myself the truth, I will not track regularly, and I would go 1/4 in it more than I would get to a track if I go at all. When I had my 11 GT500 I went to the 1/4 quite often. So it would be F/I my car and do the proper mods, or buy the GT500 and not look at mods..(yeah right) Guess I'll wait for more info.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Just find dealers who are shit. It will happen just f adm. Stay away and let it rot

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
If someone buys my car for 65k right now I will walk into ford and be put on the list lol

OP
OP
Devil5oh

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was interested in one until I started talking to some dealers in the Chicago area. Apparently the local area dealers have been discussing this and they feel a $25k ADM is the best option for anyone who wants a GT500. This is the info I got from the guys who have sold me 3 Mustangs, including my '14 GT500 which was at MSRP. They weren't even interested in taking a deposit or starting a list or perspective buyers. I heard the usual BS of we don't know how many will be produced, how many, if any, they will get, etc, etc. I was expecting some ADM sure, maybe $5-$10k which I was not happy with but figured I could work with them on, but at $25k, sorry but no thanks. This is the same basic response I received from 7 dealers in the Chicago area... What a way to ruin what could be a great car.
$25,000 markup is most likely the norm. There will probably be a few dealers who will only sell for 5-10k but it's going to really hard to find them, and those will be the dealers who sold GT350's and R's at MSRP.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I'll be keeping my 18 GT. Nothing to do with the trans, but I just don't see much added value over a whipple and basic mods would do for mine. ADM'S will suck too. Although you'd think those would go away quickly because of all the manual or die crowd, they won't. I know my son won't trade his 13 GT500 for one. He wants a break from expensive payments.
Sponsored