Any Bullitt engine ticks?

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Well, I got paranoid and listened closely at the left front wheel well; I heard all sorts of clicking and ticking going on--one was louder than the others--but they all seemed to be rhythmic, consistent and related to engine speed. First I've owned a DI engine; gotta believe the noises are the injectors and other various valves.
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Well, I got paranoid and listened closely at the left front wheel well; I heard all sorts of clicking and ticking going on--one was louder than the others--but they all seemed to be rhythmic, consistent and related to engine speed. First I've owned a DI engine; gotta believe the noises are the injectors and other various valves.
My intention is not to make light of someoneā€™s annoying problem that will hopefully be properly diagnosed by Ford and accompanied by a proper factory solution eventually, but.... in the meantime one could keep the exhaust in track mode and it probably wouldnā€™t be as noticeable. Sorry, I could resist a little humor at this juncture. I apologize if anyone takes offense... Bruce

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
All it is, is an "attention getter" Basically a chime to let you know where your RPM is at, so you don't have to focus on the tach, and can keep your eyes on the road/track.....
Roush announced this week that they now have a Supercharger for the 2019 Mustang GT. I wrote and asked them if the same Supercharger would fit the 2019 BULLITT, they said NO!!!
Any one know why???

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I am assuming its to do with the "plumbing" in the Bullitt, being that it is using the GT350 Manifold and larger throttle bodies.

Fishhook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have been seeing there are a lot of people using ceratec in their car. I dont know anything about the ceratec product but we used to use powerup NNL690. Has anyone here tried the new NNL690 and if you have is it as good as the old formula? They have some videos online but they are old ones.

Sponsored

ponyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2012 MCA Mustang
Hello,
I am new to the forum. I have been seriously considering purchasing a 2019 Bullitt Mustang, but after reading all the posts on the internet about the coyote engine I am beginning to think I should just keep the mustang I now own and count my blessings. I own a 2012 MCA edition V6 mustang. I have never heard any unusal noises and I love the way the car handles. It has great power for a V6. I have always wanted a Bullitt though. I recently read that Wards awarded the coyote engine a top ten rating for 2019. It was also the only engine in the top ten that was a top ten winner last year too. This makes me wonder how many of these engines have a problem. If you go by what is on the internet it would lead one to believe almost all of the engines are defective. On the other hand, how many coyote cars have been purchased with no problems reported. People tend to post problems on the internet much more often than they do if they have no problems. These are just my thoughts. I am not trying to say that people who post with a problem don't have one. I just wonder what the percentage of 5.0 cars have a problem.

Tom

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Well, lets see. The engine tick has been reported since 2015, and on earlier Mustangs going back to the new Coyote. Even considering 2015+, we are talking close to approx. 500,000 cars. So, how many engines have been replaced? Buy an extended warranty.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I agree with all the things you said Tom. Even if you just count the most recent issues with 2018-2019 Mustangs, there were over 75,000 of those made last year too. If the majority of GTs were having issues, you'd have dozens of Mustangs laying around every Ford service department, and that's not the case. The good thing about buying a new car and keeping it stock though is that you have a warranty. Hopefully you won't need it, but worst case scenario, it's on Ford to fix or make right with a new car. Generally, the 5.0 is very reliable, with many well over 100k miles and running strong, some even with forced induction.

With all that said, if you're happy with your current car, there's nothing wrong with keeping it either.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No ticks, knocks or any other nastiness to report after approx 2000 kms. And Im on the "break it in hard" side of things so plenty of 7K rpm

My 2018 F150 does have some less favourable sounds at idle but so did my 2016 3.5 ecoboost, wifes jeep and most any other engine once you put some real miles on it. Nothing to be concerned about.

If you get a knock; the knock will get louder every day.... then go completely quiet.... because you have a connecting rod hanging out of the side of the engine lol
Sponsored