Sponsored

GT350R Valuations Declining?

Red Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Let’s have a chat!

I know this topic may be taboo, but what are your thoughts on the recent GT350R that sold on BaT for 52K? Edit: Looks like it didn’t meet reserve pricing.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-2/

Factors to take into consideration:

- What looks to be 4,000+ track miles
- 2 Owner car
- Most common built spec
- Winter season, before major financial holiday

Recently to get a gauge on my 2018 GT350R value I took it into a dealer, 5,000 miles, electronics pack car, $58,000 max trade. I was surprised at how low the offer was, I figured it would at least be in the 62K-65K range.

Curious to what the community thinks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It didn't meet reserve, so no sale.

I think it's an aberration. My local dealer offered me more than I paid to buy back my R just a couple months ago. The car is over 2 years old and has just about 5k on it.

The market is down, we're entering the holidays, and it's winter. All of these are bad for "toy" purchases. More broadly, BaT doesn't seem to get the bids on newer cars compared with cars in the 15-30 year age range. The last few GT350Rs sold there landed right around $65k, which is still at or above MSRP when you factor in the 5% BaT fee. I am sure the R market will soften a little over time, but I don't think it's moved from $65-68K down to low $50s in a matter of 8 weeks.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
Let’s have a chat!

I know this topic may be taboo, but what are your thoughts on the recent GT350R that sold on BaT for 52K? Edit: Looks like it didn’t meet reserve pricing.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-ford-shelby-gt350r-2/

Factors to take into consideration:

- What looks to be 4,000+ track miles
- 2 Owner car
- Most common built spec
- Winter season, before major financial holiday

Recently to get a gauge on my 2018 GT350R value I took it into a dealer, 5,000 miles, electronics pack car, $58,000 max trade. I was surprised at how low the offer was, I figured it would at least be in the 62K-65K range.

Curious to what the community thinks!
Never heard of “Bring a Trailer” before... live and learn.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Never heard of “Bring a Trailer” before... live and learn.
If you like browsing interesting cars from a bunch of different manufacturers, now that you know about BaT your productivity at work may decrease ... check out the MB 300SL Gullwing that is on auction right now. Always lots of interesting hardware to look at.

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
It's the best time of year to buy a sports car... Worst time of year to sell a sports/ track car.

The person selling the R purchased a C7 Z06, so he's unloading his R. As pointed it, it didn't meet his reserve. Values have gone down... a limited car turned into a 5 year production run.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's the best time of year to buy a sports car... Worst time of year to sell a sports/ track car.

The person selling the R purchased a C7 Z06, so he's unloading his R. As pointed it, it didn't meet his reserve. Values have gone down... a limited car turned into a 5 year production run.
From my standpoint I guess I look at things a little differently.

Including the 2015MY we have only had 4 production years for the R model and suggest that production volumes for the 2019 R model will be very limited to say the least and will be possibly the least of all years.

Based on my calculations Ford has only produced 2138 R models for the first 4 model years therefore I still consider 535 cars per year a very limited production run.

Yes, not a Supercar like the Ford GT's from 2005/2006 but certainly half of the production numbers compared to those cars assembled back in 2005/2006.

If you recall the Limited Edition 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca models averaged ~775 cars for each of the two production years therefore suggest that 535 cars per year is still a very limited production automobile and expect the R models especially the very few Base R models to hold their value over the long term especially with the FPC engine going away.

:)

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
From my standpoint I guess I look at things a little differently.

Including the 2015MY we have only had 4 production years for the R model and suggest that production volumes for the 2019 R model will be very limited to say the least and will be possibly the least of all years.

Based on my calculations Ford has only produced 2138 R models for the first 4 model years therefore I still consider 535 cars per year a very limited production run.

Yes, not a Supercar like the Ford GT's from 2005/2006 but certainly half of the production numbers compared to those cars assembled back in 2005/2006.

If you recall the Limited Edition 2012/2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca models averaged ~775 cars for each of the two production years therefore suggest that 535 cars per year is still a very limited production automobile and expect the R models especially the very few Base R models to hold their value over the long term especially with the FPC engine going away.

:)
It is limited but I think the original values assumed a 2015,2016,2017 run. That's what I thought it was when I got mine. I didnt pay ADM though.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I am putting my two cents in where it probably does not belong because I own a GT350. However I feel I have information that is somewhat relevant to the conversation. According to Carfax, after one year of ownership one can expect to lose 20% of the value of their car and then 10% every year thereafter. We all know there are cars that lose more and those that lose less. My car for example was purchased when it was one-year-old and I paid 12.6% below MSRP. Now going into my second year of ownership according to NADA my car has dropped by another 5.3% in value. These figures are substantially less than the average car so I’m happy. I had hoped that when I bought this car that it would lose its value less than let’s say a Mustang GT. Now as far as those with R models, if you paid ADM and are feeling badly, I have no sympathy for you. For those of you who paid MSRP and expected to have your car not drop in value were delusionaI. I do think within 5 to 10 years R’s will be worth at least MSRP, but as an investment you were sorely misguided.

I’m my particular case the bulk of the depreciation on my car has happened since October of this year. Prior to October, according to NADA, my car had lost no value since my purchase date. I understand NADA is not the end all when it comes to car values. As stated above recent increased depreciation is most likely due to the time of the year.

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I am putting my two cents in where it probably does not belong because I own a GT350. However I feel I have information that is somewhat relevant to the conversation. According to Carfax, after one year of ownership one can expect to lose 20% of the value of their car and then 10% every year thereafter. We all know there are cars that lose more and those that lose less. My car for example was purchased when it was one-year-old and I paid 12.6% below MSRP. Now going into my second year of ownership according to NADA my car has dropped by another 5.3% in value. These figures are substantially less than the average car so I’m happy. I had hoped that when I bought this car that it would lose its value less than let’s say a Mustang GT. Now as far as those with R models, if you paid ADM and are feeling badly, I have no sympathy for you. For those of you who paid MSRP and expected to have your car not drop in value were delusionaI. I do think within 5 to 10 years R’s will be worth at least MSRP, but as an investment you were sorely misguided.

I’m my particular case the bulk of the depreciation on my car has happened since October of this year. Prior to October, according to NADA, my car had lost no value since my purchase date. I understand NADA is not the end all when it comes to car values. As stated above recent increased depreciation is most likely due to the time of the year.
I'll give you a little piece of advice... stop looking at NADA. Nobody goes by that thing except a desperate owner who's trying to get most out of their car. Dealers look at manheim and how much they can buy that car at the auction... same with Carmax. Then they compare it with KBB and that's pretty much it. Insurance companies look at NADA, but again, not all of them.

Perfect example... I was trying to sell my wife's 2016 A5. Nada has it listed at around 36K, KBB 28. I looked at manheim auctions and how much they sold, between 25-27k. I could try and milk it for months and months and squeeze 29-30K, or I can cut my losses and take the highest offer, which was 27k.

We all want to get NADA pricing when we're selling our cars. Yet when we're buying, we look at the KBB. They should only have one site that everyone goes by and be done... OR maybe just get rid of the dealers and sell the cars like amazon sells toys.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I'll give you a little piece of advice... stop looking at NADA. Nobody goes by that thing except a desperate owner who's trying to get most out of their car. Dealers look at manheim and how much they can buy that car at the auction... same with Carmax. Then they compare it with KBB and that's pretty much it. Insurance companies look at NADA, but again, not all of them..
I made it clear that NADA was not the end-all of pricing. However it does show what the trend is. I am well aware that the NADA values are extremely inflated. I have not compared KBB to an NADA in terms of depreciation’s, but I will guess that my numbers that I stated are relevant to KBB as well.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I made it clear that NADA was not the end-all of pricing. However it does show what the trend is. I am well aware that the NADA values are extremely inflated. I have not compared KBB to an NADA in terms of depreciation’s, but I will guess that my numbers that I stated are relevant to KBB as well.
So, you needed to look at NADA to see a car looses value after purchase?
Sponsored