The GT350 really is quite rare

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I have seen one GT350 "in the wild" in downtown Chicago. No Rs.

But, get to a track day and they are everywhere. It's like the BMW M3 in the late '90s and early '00s, fantastic performance at a reasonable price that appeals to enthusiasts more than poseurs. I was at Grattan in Michigan last weekend and there were at least 5 GT350s including my R.
I'm about 50 miles west of Chicago and have seen quite a few the last couple of years. I went to a local cruise night and two more Shadow Black GT350's showed up and parked right next to me.
Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
I too rarely see one on the road. We got a small group together for a day in the mountains, didn't look rare on Saturday. 8 350's, blown Roush and a GT ultimately got together. A shot of our lunch stop.
BB15A2DE-9C7C-4FB0-8F36-007BC2212441_zpsehmftqtp.jpg

On the Blue Ridge Parkway
C42047E2-898C-428B-957B-EC38B365E2F8_zps4yl6n1i9.jpg

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I too rarely see one on the road. We got a small group together for a day in the mountains, didn't look rare on Saturday. 8 350's, blown Roush and a GT ultimately got together.
Such a good time. And what a sight seeing that many GT350's traveling in a line everywhere we went. The looks on people's faces was priceless, as was the fun we had!

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I've only ever seen another 350 once in 2 years, and it was an out of state plate. Nobody around here knows what a GT350 is, they just think my car is a loud GT.

Last edited:

Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I've seen 4 out in the wild in 2 1/2yrs.

1 'R' being serviced at the dealer last year. Marina Ford in L.A.
1 Non on a Sunday morning drive two years ago, in L.A.
2 Non last month up in Novato - SF north bay area.

Other than that, Nada. Zip. Zero.

OSUbrew

Beach Bum
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You guys should come down to the Tampa/St Pete area! The last time I was on 275 heading north I saw 2 of them going south towards St Pete, then when I got off the hwy to go towards the beach I saw a 3rd! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself, my girlfriend couldn't understand why I was making such a big deal about it! LOL

Now to be fair, I'm not saying this is a normal occurance, there might have been a local event to lure them all out into the open, it was a Saturday afternoon and it was near the beach, the perfect time and place for a gathering, but it's also not the 1st time I've seen a GT350 on the road in the area, so I know they're around!

They're probably around in SoCal as well, just hiding in garages waiting to be driven! ;-)
One of those was probably mine, lol. I have seen a couple others in the area but rarely.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
in the wild (non-coordinated event), I've seen two, non-R 350's. I've never seen another R period. I know of one within driving distance of me but haven't had the chance to meet up yet.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Pretty much the only place I see them is at shows. Went to the Sarasota FL cars and coffee on Saturday and counting mine there were 5. Most I ever saw in one place!

Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've encountered 3 R's (white stripe delete, red stripe delete and black w/black) within a 10 minute radius of my house (not saying they live that close to me, but that's where I saw them) within the past year, and I've seen several regular GT350's out and about in the wild. I suppose some of it has to do with where you live. There's a lot of people with money and nice cars here in the Charlotte area. Way more than I was used to living in the Cleveland area. In fact, someone here in the corporate park I work at has/had an Avalanche with blue stripes non-R. Beautiful combo.

Down here, seeing a Lamborghini at a stop light (like I did yesterday) barely got a point and "check it out" in our car.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I've encountered 3 R's (white stripe delete, red stripe delete and black w/black) within a 10 minute radius of my house (not saying they live that close to me, but that's where I saw them) within the past year, and I've seen several regular GT350's out and about in the wild. I suppose some of it has to do with where you live. There's a lot of people with money and nice cars here in the Charlotte area. Way more than I was used to living in the Cleveland area. In fact, someone here in the corporate park I work at has/had an Avalanche with blue stripes non-R. Beautiful combo.

Down here, seeing a Lamborghini at a stop light (like I did yesterday) barely got a point and "check it out" in our car.
Has to do with how much people drive them, too. Most GT350s around here are occasionally driven, so rarely seen. And at the sarasota c&c, we were basically relegated to the chump section. Lots of Ferraris, lambos, GT3 RS porsches. This was a wild lambo:

20181013_082731.jpg

CerveneGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2018 GT350, 1968 Firebird LS6
I have never seen an R or non in my area.. Never... I saw a black on black 2 years ago in Grand Rapids, about 50miles from my town. I saw what I think was an R last weekend at the Henry Ford Museum.. I was standing out front waiting on my wifey and there it was, drove right by me!! I told my wife and she was like "its a what??
" .. So yea, I know it was not like mine but not sure an R either. Sounded like mine, maybe loader.. But, I have never heard mine drive by me either..

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to know what's more rare on the streets: the GT350 or the ZL1. I have NEVER seen a GT350 on the streets or freeways here in my area of Los Angeles...never! I know, hard to believe. That said, I am not sure I have seen a ZL1, although I might have since all the Camaros looks similar to me! LOL

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I've seen more GT350s and Rs than I've ever seen Z28s...It's probably because I live in SE Michigan. During the summer, at least two a day, minimum.
Sponsored