The GT350 really is quite rare

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
There is no real big aha's being posted here other than an observation.

I am in the process of driving across the country. I have been on my motorcycle for three days going from SoCal to Dallas, then in a car for a day going to Biloxi and then two days coming back to Dallas. In over 2,000 miles of driving and seeing thousands of cars and hundreds of Mustangs of various years and makes, I have yet to see even one GT350. And this car has been in production for 3+ years. Spotting them in the wild is a relatively rare occurrence.

I can see why the car often attracts attention when one is finally seen in the wild. I know I will be excited when I see one, and I own one. In two years of ownership I have spotted less than 7 in the wild just driving around and I live in SoCal. Out here in middle america they seem to be almost non existent.
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I can see why the car often attracts attention when one is finally seen in the wild. I know I will be excited when I see one, and I own one. In two years of ownership I have spotted less than 7 in the wild just driving around and I live in SoCal. Out here in middle america they seem to be almost non existent.
Every time I see another GT350 (rarely) I turn into the people that stare at me driving. Can't help it.

Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
You guys should come down to the Tampa/St Pete area! The last time I was on 275 heading north I saw 2 of them going south towards St Pete, then when I got off the hwy to go towards the beach I saw a 3rd! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself, my girlfriend couldn't understand why I was making such a big deal about it! LOL

Now to be fair, I'm not saying this is a normal occurance, there might have been a local event to lure them all out into the open, it was a Saturday afternoon and it was near the beach, the perfect time and place for a gathering, but it's also not the 1st time I've seen a GT350 on the road in the area, so I know they're around!

They're probably around in SoCal as well, just hiding in garages waiting to be driven! ;-)

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
This was the biggest reason I pulled the trigger on a GT350R vs a C7Z06...I have yet to see an R in the wild yet I’ve seen numerous C7Z’s on the same day. And now that Used Z’s can be had in the low $60s I know I made the right choice

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
You guys should come down to the Tampa/St Pete area! The last time I was on 275 heading north I saw 2 of them going south towards St Pete, then when I got off the hwy to go towards the beach I saw a 3rd! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself, my girlfriend couldn't understand why I was making such a big deal about it! LOL

Now to be fair, I'm not saying this is a normal occurance, there might have been a local event to lure them all out into the open, it was a Saturday afternoon and it was near the beach, the perfect time and place for a gathering, but it's also not the 1st time I've seen a GT350 on the road in the area, so I know they're around!

They're probably around in SoCal as well, just hiding in garages waiting to be driven! ;-)
Could have been me lol. I frequent US19 on my way to work. I've only seen 1 other in the Clearwater area, and that was last weekend lol

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I've seen exactly 1 other GT350 in the last year and a half. I see a GT500 once or twice a month, but no other 350s. At least in this part of the world they're very rare.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There is no real big aha's being posted here other than an observation.

I am in the process of driving across the country. I have been on my motorcycle for three days going from SoCal to Dallas, then in a car for a day going to Biloxi and then two days coming back to Dallas. In over 2,000 miles of driving and seeing thousands of cars and hundreds of Mustangs of various years and makes, I have yet to see even one GT350. And this car has been in production for 3+ years. Spotting them in the wild is a relatively rare occurrence.

Of the recent HP Mustangs built in recent years it is interesting that Ford has produced some ~47,000 GT500's from 2007 to 2014 and only produced ~8,400 Boss 302's during the 2012/2013 production run.

I agree that not many GT350/R's see to run in the wild but yet Ford has produced some ~20,000 of these cars over the last 4 MY's therefore many of them must be sitting somewhere?

:)

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nyc I've seen 3 in 2 years. Never a R. I've seen about the same number of gt500

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
Typically on the west side of LA maybe 1 day - never the same one BTW. On weekends 10-12 with at least a couple Rs. Not that rare just rarely DD

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Im in North County San Diego and Ive only seen 1 yellow GT350 on the streets since Jan. local car shows might bring 1 but many times its just mine. This car gets looks and thumbs every time I take it out, which sadly is only on the weekends.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Minus meet ups I've probably seen 7 or so others in the wild...onle one in 6 weeks in TX. That's pretty few for pushing 3 years of them on the streets.hell I've seen 3 lambos and 4 Ferraris in that same 6 weeks.
Sponsored