The GT350 really is quite rare

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree that not many GT350/R's see to run in the wild but yet Ford has produced some ~20,000 of these cars over the last 4 MY's therefore many of them must be sitting somewhere?

:)
Like people's garages maybe???? I drive my tripple yellow R as much as I can when I'm home, but the avalanche grey sits in the garage and is driven only on occasion.

The plan was to see what the 500 brings and decide to sell or keep the TY R.

To the OP, most people use the 350 as a weekend car. I'm not surprised at all.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't see them very often either. I think most people spend a bunch of money on a depreciating asset and then don't drive it. GT350 owners are almost as bad as Corvette guys.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Same. I've only seen a few in NC and never another R.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Here in northern Virginia I can't go more than a week without spotting one. There is a white/blue stripe model around my job, a magnetic/blue stripe on my drive home, black/matte black(hngg!!) around my favorite non-work day Taco Bell spot, and a few more between my apartment and house which is about a 40 minute drive at most. When I worked in Tyson's Corner there were two different blue/various stripe cars running around plus several red/white/black cars as well.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
There are a lot in the Bay Area, CA. I see at least 1 every couple weeks. Still makes me happy every time I see one though!

One time I had just parked in a Safeway parking lot and got out of my car when I saw a Magnetic w/ Black stripes about to leave and pull out onto the main road. I jumped back in my car, started it up and caught up to it just to say hi. I pulled up next to it, honked, revved, tried whatever I could to get the dude's attention and he just kept looking straight ahead...even at the damn stoplight. Completely oblivious. Felt bad man. :brokenheart:

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I've seen a handful over the last few years, and it is exciting to see one.

My other car is a 2008 Audi RS4. I've only seen 2 in 10 years. Of course the '08 US production run was less than 400 cars, so they are rare beasts.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Not many around here either. I didn't see one in the wild for over a year after I got mine in October '16. Since then, I've seen 5 and only once when I was driving mine. We spotted each other and waved.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
A guy around the corner from me has a blue '16. I quite often see it parked in his garage as I drive by and I also see him out and around driving. I see GT 350s out on the 401 every once in a while, maybe once a week. Still a pretty rare car around here. I still get lots of attention and thumbs up from other drivers.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Northen AL, I have seen at least 350's. Only 2 R's including mine and I know the owner of the other.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
There are a lot in the Bay Area, CA. I see at least 1 every couple weeks. Still makes me happy every time I see one though!

One time I had just parked in a Safeway parking lot and got out of my car when I saw a Magnetic w/ Black stripes about to leave and pull out onto the main road. I jumped back in my car, started it up and caught up to it just to say hi. I pulled up next to it, honked, revved, tried whatever I could to get the dude's attention and he just kept looking straight ahead...even at the damn stoplight. Completely oblivious. Felt bad man. :brokenheart:
I usually see another when driving my mini-van. I still wave and give a thumb's up, but I wonder if they think I'm a little crazy.

The other day however I did see an R while I was in my non-R. It was an Avalanche Gray with Black stripes. Such a damn good looking (and sounding) car. Always fun to see another one on the road.

-T

Sponsored

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I live in the Pittsburgh are and only have seen 1 in the wild until the last 2 days.
Thursday I passed a gray with black stripes on 356 and then just today had a orange furry pass right in front of our driveway for our business on 228 heading towards cranberry twp.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
White and Lightening Blue seem to be the most common. And I think I've seen 8 of them at once (track day). The PNW is surprisingly dense with them!

There's one here in College Station that I see/hear every once in a while - but haven't met the owner yet.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
White and Lightening Blue seem to be the most common. And I think I've seen 8 of them at once (track day). The PNW is surprisingly dense with them!

There's one here in College Station that I see/hear every once in a while - but haven't met the owner yet.
I guess it depends where you live. Most of the cars I've seen are magnetic or black.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I live in a relatively small city ( population 80000 ) in British Columbia.My 350 was the first in town followed by a dozen more. I work close to a major highway and see around three different ones drive by every day ! Compared to the U.S. I guess we are swarming with them!! It is the perfect car for our winding roads so I can see why so many are around here in the summer anyway.
Sponsored