Sponsored

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Unfortunately mine has become a weekend car. Granted I still drive the crap out of it (15 w/ 45k miles). Most of those miles come from out of state trips to North Carolina, which I take several times a year. I work at one of the largest concrete product manufacturer's in the U.S. , and everywhere within 2 miles gets covered in the lovely dust. We also have sprinklers at both entrances that spray reclaimed water from the yard to keep the dust down... No way i'm going to drive through that mess 5x a week, and then have the car sit in 100 degrees plus scorching Florida sun with all that nasty water baking onto it.

If I didn't care about it to much, I'd still rock it as my DD.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
My ‘17 GTPP is fair weather and weekend cruiser. Has not yet seen rain and so far it has 4875 miles since it was delivered last June.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Part DD. I initially bought it as my DD but my commute is 80miles and I was putting miles on the car scary fast. (40k in 1.5 years). So I bought a winter car that shares DD duties.

I get about 17mpg, ~800whp supercharged, it's a fun DD. My other car gets ~20mpg. so it's really not about fuel savings, just mileage savings. I plan on keeping the car till 300k+ but don't want that to come within 5 years lol. Also a good amount of my commute is in traffic, and it just feels like a waste of mileage to drive my Mustang in traffic.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
If its your DD you will get tired of it. Ask me how I know. LOL

Sponsored

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
My commute is 12 miles round trip, so the Mustang get driven all year except for bad weather or snow/salt. The Mustang was supposed to replace my 03 VW Passat 4motion, but i never got around to winter wheels/tires for the Mustang, and its been reliable and cheap to insure so I just kept it. First major problem though and it's Mustang year round.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Weekend race car and occasional drive to office just so I can put exhaust in track mode and shake the office windows when I leave.

Since purchasing in May I just turned 1500 miles and am averaging 19.2 mpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mines a 3 season DD. 18.8mpg in town.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Unfortunately mine has become a weekend car. Granted I still drive the crap out of it (15 w/ 45k miles). Most of those miles come from out of state trips to North Carolina, which I take several times a year. I work at one of the largest concrete product manufacturer's in the U.S. , and everywhere within 2 miles gets covered in the lovely dust. We also have sprinklers at both entrances that spray reclaimed water from the yard to keep the dust down... No way i'm going to drive through that mess 5x a week, and then have the car sit in 100 degrees plus scorching Florida sun with all that nasty water baking onto it.

If I didn't care about it to much, I'd still rock it as my DD.

I feel your pain. I am a contractor at a very large shipyard. I love my job, and have the rare privilege to drive into the yard. I can come and go as I please. I do drive it in the winter. I park it in a safe place and walk everywhere. The dust can still be bad. Even then there are people constantly telling me they can't understand how I can drive it in the yard. Even people that drive trucks that probably cost much more than my car.

This summer has been too brutal to walk everywhere. 30 minute walks in 90+ degree/100% humidity is tough. So the Mustang sits in the garage way too much. I've just about convinced myself to just stop worrying about it and drive the car. It's no fun to just look at it in the garage and occasionally drive it on the weekends.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I usually drive mine at least once a day (cant resist,, no really i cant) I drive about 30miles a day.

Sponsored

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Weekend car only. my daily is a motorcycle. work and back is 76.6 miles M-F. would hate to put those miles on her.

Lubner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Weekends

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I daily drive the heck out of mine. It will be 3 yrs old next week, and i am right at 40,000 miles. I mainly commute to work with almost all freeway miles. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it, not park it and look at it, although i do enjoy looking at it whenever it is parked.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a weekend driver, I see the car quite inadequate for DD purposes. Fiesta ST is a great choice for a daily! Been looking into one of them to replace my Focus SE... don't want to deal with the DCT anymore

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Weekend ride! I have a 120 mile round trip each day so I also have a 2015 Fusion... AWD for the not so nice winters.
Sponsored