Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No issues here. Quite a pleasant install outside of the clips on the IMRC plugs. Had to use a tiny screwdriver to push the clip down.

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Installed my 18 IM on my Procharged 16 GT Premium PP. Went with the MMR IMRC lock outs and had Brandon at Lund update my tune for the change. Really simple to plumb. Seems to pull a lot harder above 6300 rpm and have not seen any low end differences or driveability issues.
0430180531.jpg

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
installed mine last night. waiting for tune update. tune will not update, but lund already working on it. install was pretty straight forward. just figuring out how you want to do the vacuum and evap lines takes some finesse . also my pmas elbow is facing up like crazy. is there any solution to this? I already pushed it on all the way.

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone have a side by side pic of the 15-17 and 18 intake?

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Installed my 18 IM on my Procharged 16 GT Premium PP. Went with the MMR IMRC lock outs and had Brandon at Lund update my tune for the change. Really simple to plumb. Seems to pull a lot harder above 6300 rpm and have not seen any low end differences or driveability issues.

Did you must cap the rear vacuum port or is it needed for something with the lockouts?

92 Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - Competition Orange
Did you must cap the rear vacuum port or is it needed for something with the lockouts?
There is a small port on the back of the intake that goes to a similar small port on the front. This isolated and is only used to bring vacuum from the front of the intake to the imrc's in the back. if you lock out the IMRC's then you do not need to cap either end of this

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
installed mine last night. waiting for tune update. tune will not update, but lund already working on it. install was pretty straight forward. just figuring out how you want to do the vacuum and evap lines takes some finesse . also my pmas elbow is facing up like crazy. is there any solution to this? I already pushed it on all the way.
I had the same problem with the PMAS being angled up. Mine was exacerbated even more because I have a GT350 throttle body which requires the adapter and pushes it out even further.

I was able to get the PMAS to clear the hood with this setup but it took some tweaking. The silicone coupler between the throttle body and intake tube had to be trimmed in opposite directions from either side in order to angle the tube down. The coupler on the other side of the intake tube required some creative angling as well.

It clears now, but just barely. I still need to trim my couplers to clean things up a bit under the hood.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Since I haven't seen any, I'm guessing the factory engine cover doesn't fit on this manifold?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Since I haven't seen any, I'm guessing the factory engine cover doesn't fit on this manifold?
no Sir, not without some tweaking.

Mine came in Friday but I was in Tampa so my buddy has it at his house. Of course he couldn't bring it to me today. I really want to check it to make sure its not broke/busted.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I now have everything minus the blue plug pigtail needed to get the job done so Sat Ill be knocking my swap out. Next weekend I have a dyno day so itll be interesting to see what shes made of!
Matt

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I was kind of worried about the condition in which my manifold would arrive in, seeing as others haven't had great luck due to bad packaging. Luckily, it arrived without being broken even though the box is falling apart. Ordered through beefcake and got the MMR lockouts. Looking forward to joining the club! :headbang:
2018 Manifold Resized.jpg