10,000 Mile Review On My R

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
So a couple days ago I hit the 10,000 mark on my R. I've been daily driving it since the end of September of last year. After getting new wheels and tires around the 3k mark to make it easier for everyday use, I can say without a doubt, you can totally daily a R with much ease. (depending on where you live of course) I love this car. The sound never gets boring. The ride is great, unless you have to pee. Plenty of space. It's just an all around great car. So far no issues except for a couple creeks and rattles but other than that it's been flawless. I'm planning on buying a truck in the not so distant future just because I'm tired a washing the R every other day. So if you're skeptical or need to convince your significant other, it's a hell of a daily driver.:ford:
Sponsored

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
Nice!
I have a Raptor as a daily,but am considering alternating between the Raptor and the R on a weekly basis. It's just too good of a car to rip only on weekends or an occasional track day.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I turned over 20,000 miles this morning on my way to work on my 2016 Tech Pack. I have not had any issues with the car during that period, only had to get the oil line recall done and hopefully that is the only time the dealer will see this car in my lifetime.
I am a happy camper!!

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So a couple days ago I hit the 10,000 mark on my R. I've been daily driving it since the end of September of last year. After getting new wheels and tires around the 3k mark to make it easier for everyday use, I can say without a doubt, you can totally daily a R with much ease. (depending on where you live of course) I love this car. The sound never gets boring. The ride is great, unless you have to pee. Plenty of space. It's just an all around great car. So far no issues except for a couple creeks and rattles but other than that it's been flawless. I'm planning on buying a truck in the not so distant future just because I'm tired a washing the R every other day. So if you're skeptical or need to convince your significant other, it's a hell of a daily driver.:ford:
11,200 / since last July / Dallas

Other than that, same exact experience, and opinions. Thanks, OP.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I've daily'd mine for 2+ years now...carbon wheels / cup 2's and mine's a base model. zero issues with the car and zero issues driving it daily other than the occasional driveway scrape.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Base model rocking the OEM CF and still on Cup 2's (FTW) creeping up on 9k! only issue I have had thus far was a short at a connector for the exhaust cam solenoid

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Nice!
I have a Raptor as a daily,but am considering alternating between the Raptor and the R on a weekly basis. It's just too good of a car to rip only on weekends or an occasional track day.
My JK is obviously not as nice as the raptor, but i love(d) that thing until i got this car. I am now having to use a battery tender on the jeep because i drive the 350 so much

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I have a question for you guys with 10k+ miles... How are Recaro seat bolsters holding up? Every time I get in the car, I go out of my way to make sure I don’t rub on the bolsters. I guess, I’m a little paranoid when it comes to these seats.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have a question for you guys with 10k+ miles... How are Recaro seat bolsters holding up? Every time I get in the car, I go out of my way to make sure I don’t rub on the bolsters. I guess, I’m a little paranoid when it comes to these seats.
So far they're perfect. I've got one little mark.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I've daily'd mine for 2+ years now...carbon wheels / cup 2's and mine's a base model. zero issues with the car and zero issues driving it daily other than the occasional driveway scrape.
You're not on the original set of cup 2's are you?

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’m at 11k, I don’t have a small frame and I don’t go out of my way on any level to make sure I don’t rub the bolsters. They still look factory fresh.

Last edited:

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
After discovering the infamous wear-tear on the left driver's side seat bolster in my '04 Mach (when I went to sell it @ 155,000 miles), I have gone way out of my way not to do the same to the R. I slide the seat back to get in or out; I support my 170 lbs with my left palm on the rocker panel to hoist myself up and over the left bolsters. OC and a pain for sure. But, unnecessary or not, it sure seems to cut down on the rubbing of the bolsters. (And to even further confess my OC: assuming I put 150,000 miles on the R, on average in 50 mile stints (an informed WAG), that's like 6,000 potential rubs.)

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I too set the seat as far back as it goes and recline the seat back. I try to spin so both feet are on the ground before I leave the car.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
^^+1 with my sofa seats

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Mine isn't a daily driver, but I want to get a little more long-lasting tire. What brand & size did you buy?
Sponsored