Sponsored

Evaporator went out

jdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Oxford white
Mine went out at 29,000 took it to the dealership and they couldn't find a leak so they added Freon and a dye to see if they can see where the leak is at. Mine was hot on the drivers and cool on the passenger side also. I'll be taking it back soon to be checked again for leaks
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Mine went out at 29,000 took it to the dealership and they couldn't find a leak so they added Freon and a dye to see if they can see where the leak is at. Mine was hot on the drivers and cool on the passenger side also. I'll be taking it back soon to be checked again for leaks
Dude same shit in mine

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Same boat. Took it in a month ago and they just filled the freon and told me it was a leaking valve. I told them i dont think it was going to fix it and many have had to have the evaporator replaced. They naturally looked at me funny. Soo now its gone out again and will be bringing it back and telling them the same thing again!

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
how obvious is the white shit on the windshield? I feel like mine might be having issues too.. its a lot foggier looking from the inside than it's ever been.

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
how obvious is the white shit on the windshield? I feel like mine might be having issues too.. its a lot foggier looking from the inside than it's ever been.
Mine had this issue. No white stuff on the windshield. Maybe it's dependent on the humidity? Me being in close to 100%. :rolleyes:

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
Mine definitely blows cold but I find my windshield getting relatively dirty/foggy looking fairly quickly. To the point where I don’t really wipe it anymore because it almost gets worse haha

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I now join the club regrettably. 2015 Mustang with 54,000 miles and AC is on its way out. First started blowing warm air on driver side with cool air on the passenger side.

I added freon and started blowing cold again. I also notice a lot of gear whine while the compressor is engaged. turn the AC off and the gear whine goes away.

Thankfully summer is on it's way out soon, I'll worry about this next year. Ugh!

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
We need to find out what these different letters mean and what is causing this rapid failure of such a critical part of the hvac system in our cars! We need one of these mustang parts and speed shops to tear one apart and investigate and make a video documenting.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Wife's car, with 11,000 miles needed to be replaced. Ford guys did a great job on the repair. Mine has 23,000 and is still fine, but I'm nervous about it.

Sponsored

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
Just dropped mine off at the dealer today for the 3rd evaporator core replacement.. my car has 18k on it

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Just dropped mine off at the dealer today for the 3rd evaporator core replacement.. my car has 18k on it
Man that sucks. Mine is still holding the recharge that I did Sunday before last. But I'm sure it's a matter of time. These 100 + days here in Central Texas are brutal on man, beasts, and ACs. :cheers:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting the "foggy windshield" but still cooling so far. Just the passenger side.

chriswolf63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC SLT Premium Plus 4x4
I am getting the "foggy windshield" but still cooling so far. Just the passenger side.
That's the way mine started. It won't be long now. Especially in that Texas heat.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
That's the way mine started. It won't be long now. Especially in that Texas heat.
Mine went from "ha ha" not working to "holy sht I have to get this fixed" not working in two days.
Sponsored