Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
My Nephew's Uncle told me that the 2018 GT will be 480 hp.
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic

2018 bit starts about 4:30, ends about 6:45. Not much new info but does have an idle/small rev clip

Love the new 19" aluminum wheels for the PP. I like that we have another choice rather than the black ones. Oh oh and the sound of the quad exhaust !! wow !!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I just find it hard to believe they would bring a new engine(besides crank) and only add 20hp? Would be hardly worth it for them imo.

It's still a Coyote, not like they needed a new assembly plant for it.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I just find it hard to believe they would bring a new engine(besides crank) and only add 20hp? Would be hardly worth it for them imo.
It would hardly be worth it for US, but worth it for them so they can bump it up each year until the new model, and sell more Ford after market parts. Sucks, I know. :doh:

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Love the new 19" aluminum wheels for the PP. I like that we have another choice rather than the black ones. Oh oh and the sound of the quad exhaust !! wow !!
FYI, 2017 provides both black and polished alum on the GT PP package. But I love the sound of the quad exhaust too.

Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I'm pretty sure [MENTION=7618]JoeySD[/MENTION] is talking about the new polished forged GTPP wheels
yes they are great looking. it sounded like he thought there was only one option on the '17's but two on the 18's. Yes, I really do like a lot of the stuff on the 2018, a shame they won't release all the info.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I'm hoping that they are more aggressive with the tune since the Stang is so much lighter and does not need or will carry/pull a load.
Cylinder temps should be much lower to allow this.
Praying for 460hp and 430tq!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Wow!

The amount of new information coming in is deafening!

Come on Ford!!!

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Agreed, I am a bit surprised that not much has come out yet as far as power figures
Hopefully it's because they want to get rid of old inventory.
If the numbers are big, no one will want old slow mustangs!;) (sarcasm font) (maybe;)

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I know this falls on deaf ears, but Ford has little incentive to release more info early. Sure, its a hassle to the guys that are waiting to order a car, but frankly, in the grand scheme of things the actual HP number will have little influence on purchasing decisions collectively.

OTOH, Ford figures they have until near JOB1 to finalize and fine tune all of the relevant calibrations. So yeah, they might 99.9% there now, but if you understand how these people in this process work, you'd realize that they want to use up all of the time allotted. Not to mention that the longer they wait to tip their hand to GM the better they'll feel about it. The same thing happened for 2015 MY, people forget.

Production starts in October. Cars won't be at dealers until close to Thanksgiving. Don't expect Ford to make any official announcements until probably early fall. They might even wait until LA at that point.

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Oh boy....a shit storm of posts will surely follow!
As it was already mentioned a few pages back, I'm surprised storm has yet to start.

I guess it's possibly because their are quite a few differences between the F150 and mustang coyote and it's best to wait and see.... and wait.... and wait.... and wait...
Sponsored