Sponsored

AC went out

Mcfrumpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I don't post very often, but just wanted to say my cars evaporator failed too. Took about 9 days for them to diagnose and repair it. They did provide me a rental car at least during that time. I just got my car back, but so far I haven't heard any noise from the dash. I have a 2015 Eco-Boost with under 15,000 miles.

This is the second time the AC went out, but the first time they assumed the freon wasn't filled properly from the manufacturer, so they filled it up and it worked for about 6 months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
my a/c went out today on driver side, it only blowing air but my passenger side its still blowing cold air but it was shooting out like white snow a few times?

Mcfrumpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
my a/c went out today on driver side, it only blowing air but my passenger side its still blowing cold air but it was shooting out like white snow a few times?
That's exactly how it started in mine, then the passenger side went out.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
That's exactly how it started in mine, then the passenger side went out.
darn! hopefully mine doesn't take 9 days, will set up an appointment next week will let them know about this evap core problem

im at 30k miles

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
seems like most of the failures are on the 15s, but a few 16s have commented too. i moved to florida and even though its been cool the past few days i dont want to be without my ac!

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
So no difference in failure rate between single zone or dual zone.

w1ngm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
After going through and reading most of the thread, it seems I am the only one to have my compressor go out instead of the evaporator core.

I don't know if I should feel lucky or not because it looks like a real mess to replace the evaporator, but I would hate for that to go on mine after the warranty runs out.
I've now had both. First the evaporator core, now the compressor.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hearing that makes me wish I paid for the extended warranty.
I think you can get one as long as the factory one hasn't expired.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think you can get one as long as the factory one hasn't expired.
That's true ... I was about to call Ford and find out what my extended warranty options are - they offer many coverage options in terms of time and mileage.

Here's the phone number (from some extended warranty mail I got from Ford) if anyone is interested in seeing what Ford offers and charges for extended warranty: 1-888-252-3899.

Sponsored

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Wanted to let everyone know that my AC went also went out last week. I have 26k miles on my car right now. My symptoms before it stooped blowing cold air was a whining noise that increased in pitch when the gas pedal was pressed very similar to Alternator whining noise. My guess is its the AC clutch because the exact same thing happened to my 2012 Mustang too. Crazy these same problems keep surfacing year after year :-(

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My A/C also went out. 2016 GT with 5k Miles. The compressor kicks on when first started, but sounds like its about to blow up, horrible whine noise. After the car goes above 2k rpm, the compressor will shut off and not come back on. Radiator fans always blowing high speed even with everything turned off.(A/C, Blower fan, Defrost etc.) Think it also needs an evaporator. Smelled like refrigerant in the vents before it stopped working.

Mcfrumpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
My A/C also went out. 2016 GT with 5k Miles. The compressor kicks on when first started, but sounds like its about to blow up, horrible whine noise. After the car goes above 2k rpm, the compressor will shut off and not come back on. Radiator fans always blowing high speed even with everything turned off.(A/C, Blower fan, Defrost etc.) Think it also needs an evaporator. Smelled like refrigerant in the vents before it stopped working.
Wow mine did absolutely none of that. Let us know what they say it is.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is EXACTLY what my car did, just before my A/C went out. Crazy how spot on this is.

Day 9 with no car

after reading through this Ford is going to have to make something right, crazy how many A/C issues there are.
Sponsored