Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Went down to see my father in Florida. So while i was here i made an appointment with Steeda to have the rest of my stop hop kit installed and put lowering springs on it and a full alignment done. Car looks even better now and rides great now too
Glad we could get you taken care of ... car looks great & we appreciate your support!

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Installed Steeda Jacking Rails in prep for installing MBRP Street cat back exhaust today. Woot Woot.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Installed Steeda Jacking Rails in prep for installing MBRP Street cat back exhaust today. Woot Woot.
Love my Street cat back!

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
My short story

Friday Oct 7th I went to the dealership. I pulled into the service lane under the roof, got out and went to one of the advisors. After the pleasantries I explained that the puddle light on the passenger side was working its way into looking like a pregnant armadillo and that I would like to have the light replaced. I was asked if I had an appt and I hadn't. I said, no, but I dont have time today, I'm here to set one up. He set me up for Wed Oct 12th (yesterday). I show up and grab my pager and head off to the waiting area

45 minutes later I get a PA call to come to service, the car is ready. I get there and the service person tells me that the car is ready to take but the part has not been fixed. They had none in stock. In a little bit of confusion, which turned to shock and then turned to rage (This in 2 seconds) I pull the sleeve back on my hoodie to check my watch. I look at him and say, "You had me sitting on my ass for 45 minutes and you didn't even have the part????!!!!?" I get the apologies and what not and he goes as far as to tell me that he even checked to see if they could get one off of the used cars they had on the lot but they were all sold (What in the actual F!??) I'm about to go ballistic but instead tell him that if they dont have the part they cant put it in and decide to cut my temper tantrum short but lean into him and say "This is a huge fing problem" More apologies...I ask, when is the part going to be here. He tells me Fri Oct 14th and that they will call me as soon as the part is in and they will get it in the car regardless of when I get in.

Today Oct 13th I get a call saying the part is in. With a little skepticism I ask, Are you sure? I was told tomorrow. He assured me that it was the right part and that they had expedited it to the dealership for me.

I get there today after work and they already knew who I was. The young man had a pager in his hand with a slip for a free espresso at the stand in the waiting area.

I walk over to the area, get my coffee and sit. Then the pager goes off. Whats this, 5 minutes now? Now I'm ready to go to war.

I get back to the service lanes and my car hasn't been moved. I walk in expecting the worse and they just extend a hand for the pager and the other with my FOB saying, you're good to go. No paperwork, no signing anything, just you're good to go. Can this be true?

Of course I check and its fixed.

Faith pretty much restored at my dealer

Now I will say shit happens. Do I think this was malicious in not having the part in stock? Of course not. When the guy called me I said I was going to be there about 3~3:15 PM and instead I got there at 2pm. Seems they just sent the tech to the lanes and did it in there. It is a simple job. And I appreciative that they got the part in asap and made good on their promise to call me and get me in ahead of everyone there that work hadn't started on yet.

I forgot to mention that after the 45 minute ordeal yesterday, I had gone in and my sales gal, Kelly, allowed me to vent on the issue. I'm pretty sure she took it up with someone over in service.

Whatever happened I am pleased to say that they took care of it professionally and made every effort to take care of the situation in a timely matter. Good on 'em.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So I checked my starter bolts while doing an oil change. Of the 3 bolts that hold the starter on, only one was torqued to the 18 ft-lb spec (5.0L V8). The other two each turned about 1/2 a turn to get to 18 ft-lbs, so they weren't very tight at all. Feel better knowing the starter bolts are all tight like they should be.

This why I decided to check the starter bolts.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65164

Also, the damn oil funnel slipped while pouring oil into the engine and a couple of ounces got spilled down the valve cover and below the RH side of the engine. :doh: A couple of ounces isn't that much until you spill it! I must have spend 3+ hours cleaning up oil from every nook and cranny ... I was so pissed, but got everything clean. That won't happen again.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
So I checked my starter bolts while doing an oil change. Of the 3 bolts that hold the starter on, only one was torqued to the 18 ft-lb spec (5.0L V8). The other two each turned about 1/2 a turn to get to 18 ft-lbs, so they weren't very tight at all. Feel better knowing the starter bolts are all tight like they should be.

This why I decided to check the starter bolts.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65164

Also, the damn oil funnel slipped while pouring oil into the engine and a couple of ounces got spilled down the valve cover and below the RH side of the engine. :doh: A couple of ounces isn't that much until you spill it! I must have spend 3+ hours cleaning up oil from every nook and cranny ... I was so pissed, but got everything clean. That won't happen again.
Keeping a can of brake cleaner around comes in handy for stuff like this.:D

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Installed MBRP Street cat back exhaust that I purchased from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. Great deal and fast shipping. A+ vendor! First mechanical mod and I really had fun doing it.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]IuqDBIimjKE[/MEDIA]"]

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My short story

Friday Oct 7th I went to the dealership. I pulled into the service lane under the roof, got out and went to one of the advisors. After the pleasantries I explained that the puddle light on the passenger side was working its way into looking like a pregnant armadillo and that I would like to have the light replaced. I was asked if I had an appt and I hadn't. I said, no, but I dont have time today, I'm here to set one up. He set me up for Wed Oct 12th (yesterday). I show up and grab my pager and head off to the waiting area

45 minutes later I get a PA call to come to service, the car is ready. I get there and the service person tells me that the car is ready to take but the part has not been fixed. They had none in stock. In a little bit of confusion, which turned to shock and then turned to rage (This in 2 seconds) I pull the sleeve back on my hoodie to check my watch. I look at him and say, "You had me sitting on my ass for 45 minutes and you didn't even have the part????!!!!?" I get the apologies and what not and he goes as far as to tell me that he even checked to see if they could get one off of the used cars they had on the lot but they were all sold (What in the actual F!??) I'm about to go ballistic but instead tell him that if they dont have the part they cant put it in and decide to cut my temper tantrum short but lean into him and say "This is a huge fing problem" More apologies...I ask, when is the part going to be here. He tells me Fri Oct 14th and that they will call me as soon as the part is in and they will get it in the car regardless of when I get in.

Today Oct 13th I get a call saying the part is in. With a little skepticism I ask, Are you sure? I was told tomorrow. He assured me that it was the right part and that they had expedited it to the dealership for me.

I get there today after work and they already knew who I was. The young man had a pager in his hand with a slip for a free espresso at the stand in the waiting area.

I walk over to the area, get my coffee and sit. Then the pager goes off. Whats this, 5 minutes now? Now I'm ready to go to war.

I get back to the service lanes and my car hasn't been moved. I walk in expecting the worse and they just extend a hand for the pager and the other with my FOB saying, you're good to go. No paperwork, no signing anything, just you're good to go. Can this be true?

Of course I check and its fixed.

Faith pretty much restored at my dealer

Now I will say shit happens. Do I think this was malicious in not having the part in stock? Of course not. When the guy called me I said I was going to be there about 3~3:15 PM and instead I got there at 2pm. Seems they just sent the tech to the lanes and did it in there. It is a simple job. And I appreciative that they got the part in asap and made good on their promise to call me and get me in ahead of everyone there that work hadn't started on yet.

I forgot to mention that after the 45 minute ordeal yesterday, I had gone in and my sales gal, Kelly, allowed me to vent on the issue. I'm pretty sure she took it up with someone over in service.

Whatever happened I am pleased to say that they took care of it professionally and made every effort to take care of the situation in a timely matter. Good on 'em.

[MENTION=23248]stresstest[/MENTION] Thank you for this entertaining post.

I have several conflicting thoughts.
First, how did you choose your username? :lol:

Second, getting so worked up over a First World Problem of a silly puddle light seems extreme.

On the other hand, I fully empathize with you on how our time as customers seem to be devalued by those who are sitting in their regular job when we visit them.

It is easy to be hard on yourself for not thinking of every possible way such a little thing could go wrong - starting with them not checking to see if they have the part in stock. But that is their job, not ours. In their defense, they may need your car at the first visit to diagnose the problem, followed-up by a second visit to install the ordered part.

What irritates me is when the business does not communicate to me any holdups (part not is stock is your example here), that would otherwise allow me to adapt my plans. For example, order from someone else, change he Ship To address, reschedule an appointment, etc. Happened to me with a forum vendor, and with car service recently.

My final thought is how it should be unnecessary to get angry to receive good service, and yet that is exactly what seems to make it happen. Sad, but true in too many cases.

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT California Special Velocity Blue
Installed my Hydro Dipped Engine and Coil covers. And of course I ended up cleaning the whole engine Bay and car lol.
Ellie1.jpg

ellie3.jpg

ellie4.jpg

ellie2.jpg

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I REALLY an shocked at how well those dipped covers turned out. Did you build a box and do it yourself or have someone do it? LOOKS GREAT!
Sponsored