Got my car

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you plan on keeping the car for a long time its worth it to know that its protected and taken care of. If you usually sell you're not going to recoup your investment on trade or private sale.
I love this car way too much and if it turns out to be a solid car (knock on wood), I wouldnt sell it.

What about clear bra? Is it better or worse than xpel? Is xpel permanent?
Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
clear bra is just a generic term. xpel is a brand like tissue vs. kleenex. Its not permanent, its guaranteed for 10 years. There are other brands 3M, Suntek. Those are the big three

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
This probably deserves its own thread, but the cost of this paint protection is so much that I dont know if its really worth it? $1500 for a front end is the cheapest I found.

I had bumper and paint work done before in my M cars and the costs were:

- Bumper respray:400
- Full bumper strip and respray:800
- Brand new bumper and paint:1500
- Brand new bumper, brand new quarter panel, paint blending 50% of hood: 2300

And the other thing is xpel isnt 100% protection. Its not made out of steel is it? It can still pierce and the paint might still go puff.

This is actually an area I am not knowledgable. Everyone keeps saying peace of mind but the cost is as much as of a full repaint. Based on my experience strip painting the front bumper and hood together will probably cost $2000 whereas xpel is $1500 (and thats the cheap end). And all in all its not guaranteed?
Damn, you are one over analyzing motherfvcker... The prices you were quoted are high. I've had numerous jobs done for much less.

It's a worthwhile investment, that protects the paint and will help resale value.

On second thought. Nevermind, let your shit get sandblasted....

For someone that talks about having $$$, you are one cheap fuck.

(This may be a little harsh....but I've been hittin' the bottle tonight :cheers:)

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Damn, you are one over analyzing motherfvcker... The prices you were quoted are high. I've had numerous jobs done for much less.

It's a worthwhile investment, that protects the paint and will help resale value.

On second thought. Nevermind, let your shit get sandblasted....

For someone that talks about having $$$, you are one cheap fuck.

(This may be a little harsh....but I've been hittin' the bottle tonight :cheers:)
I am cheap, not hiding it.

You know its much harder to take money from the rich, ever heard of that saying?:) Ha! Not saying I am rich.

I may go ahead and do it. Looks like everyone here (or the majority) does it. You guys have far more experience and know the ford paint. If this paint is so thin that its going to peel off after two winters and start minor rust, it may be worth it.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar

You know its much harder to take money from the rich, ever heard of that saying?:) Ha! Not saying I am rich.

I may go ahead and do it. Looks like everyone here (or the majority) does it. You guys have far more experience and know the ford paint. If this paint is so thin that its going to peel off after two winters and start minor rust, it may be worth it.
If you are going to drive the car daily... Get it protected. After 4-6 years....you can remove the paint protection and it will be brand new underneath.

Xpel is thicker....Suntek is a little thinner. Shop around for some better prices. My Hellcat was $800 for Xpel on the front bumper, rear view mirrors, behind the rear wheels and tint.

My Durango front bumper, 1/4 of hood, rear view mirrors and tint was $600 for Suntek. You can get the entire car done for $3k.

When my R comes in, I may get the entire car done.... At the very least the front bumper and behind the wheels and rearview.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black

Think of it this way: don't do it and get a bunch of chips, scratches and swirls that will drive you nuts until you pay the money to correc it.

Or pay up front and don't worry about and of the chips" scratches or swirls.

Peace of mind is priceless.

And sure, maybe go to a cheap place. My guy charges a bit more....maybe. But he also stands by it. And any touch ups or redos are at no cost.

To me, it's a no brainier.

Your not cheap. Look what you spend on cars. Your not cheap at all.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I paid $1000 for the front clip for Xpel. At first I hated it. It looked awful and I could see way to many stretch marks. Then I brought it to a car show and it sat in the sun for 8 hours. Completely clear. Nothing is perfect, and you can nit pick some very small imperfections but overall I'm very happy with it. It's very thick and you can mark it with your fingernail but the self healing quality its very evident, can literally watch it go back to normal. Nothing on the front end has been damaged driving on NY roads. I feel it was worth it.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Time to post your ride in the Race Red thread !

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
For every other car I did not get PPF installed. I had my 2016 GT for 6 weeks and the whole front end and hood edge had minor chips. When I picked up my 17 GT350 the first thing I did was to have PPF installed. I went with Suntek as it is nearly invisible. I also reviewed both XPEL and SunTek and finally decided being more invisible was my preference. Over the first 1800 miles I have no chips.

I'd highly suggest PPF if you plan on driving a lot.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
For every other car I did not get PPF installed. I had my 2016 GT for 6 weeks and the whole front end and hood edge had minor chips. When I picked up my 17 GT350 the first thing I did was to have PPF installed. I went with Suntek as it is nearly invisible. I also reviewed both XPEL and SunTek and finally decided being more invisible was my preference. Over the first 1800 miles I have no chips.

I'd highly suggest PPF if you plan on driving a lot.
Mike that's Exactly what I did with my GT350 I did not drive it till I could get it over to my guy to do the XPEL, and window tint, and I wish that I had done that on my 2015 GT I would not be with out paint protection on any other new car that I would buy today. We are hoping to close on are new house next week, and she said when we can get a 2018 GT350 get what you want. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Oh thank you Lord :cheers: John

And I'm hoping that Ford does not do away with avalanche gray. :ford:

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Was just quoted $1,375 for the full Suntek kit. (minus rear bumper and rear quarter panels). Looking at getting at least the rear quarter panels done, but will probably do the rear also to keep the exhaust off the bumper.

This is a pre-cut kit...

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I paid 1600 and that was the whole front end, mirror covers, rocker panels and 30% tint. Suntek and XPEL are the same price.

After spending whatever you paid, this is really cheap insurance

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I paid 1600 and that was the whole front end, mirror covers, rocker panels and 30% tint. Suntek and XPEL are the same price.

After spending whatever you paid, this is really cheap insurance
Sounds like you got a very, very good deal! But XPEL Ultimate is superior and more expensive than Sunteks line.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've been on the fence about PPF being worth it for the price. I originally planned to have the whole call done with Xpel Ultimate but had to cancel it (personal reasons). What I would point out is one of the benefits of having it is the convenience of not having to worry so much about how you wash the car. Any light scratches you put in the film due to improper (quick) washes of the car, can heal in the sun or if you pour hot water over the film. You can do waterless washes or maybe have other people wash it cheaply without worrying about them scratching the paint and adding swirl marks.

After 3000 miles, I have several chips in my paint on the front end and some light scratches around the car from people apparently walking by my car and scratching it with their carelessness. I'd have none of these had I wrapped the car.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
so, 1000 posts about this car before you get it, then just 2 pics of it sitting in your garage since? Come on, man!
Sponsored