Sponsored

GT350 brakes on GT?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
No, not for racing/track use... as I stated in the post above, you would be better off on-track use with a floating non-drilled rotor like the Girodiscs.
The Baer look pretty and save some weight for the street, but that's about as far as their performance gains go.
Thanks and what is advantage of floating rotors?
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Have they ever updated the parts listings with the gt350 yet?

Hard to tell what you need if you can't browse the parts.
I went to the ford parts site and threw in a vin from a gt350 to look at prices of parts.

I have a set of GT350 rear calipers coming next week. Going see how easy to adapt. Depends on the length of the mount studs. May have to order rear hats with 380mm disc...
Anyone already tried this?

My shop cars running the Brembo 15" rear kit already.
Sweet...keep us updated!

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Thanks and what is advantage of floating rotors?
Baer is pure trash. I've had countless track buddies experience full cracks due to their design.

I'd reccomend AP 2 piece discs and then girodisc 2 piece discs. Since they are both floating they do a better job of not transferring heat from the disc to the center hat.

They also allow the disc to expand and contract without cracking.

Also I looked into the rear gt350 conversion

To make it work you'll need the 350 e brake cable, discs, calipers, ebrake assembly and more.

I may be wrong but you might even need the wheel bearing assembly too.

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
I have a set of GT350 rear calipers coming next week. Going see how easy to adapt. Depends on the length of the mount studs. May have to order rear hats with 380mm disc...
Anyone already tried this?

My shop cars running the Brembo 15" rear kit already.
I hope it works but you'll lose your parking brake without having the hub assembly and parking brake pieces from the GT350. You 'could' always use an aftermarket parking brake like the ones drift racers use, but at that point you are looking at some serious $$$.

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
Baer is pure trash. I've had countless track buddies experience full cracks due to their design.

I'd reccomend AP 2 piece discs and then girodisc 2 piece discs. Since they are both floating they do a better job of not transferring heat from the disc to the center hat.

They also allow the disc to expand and contract without cracking.
Anthony exactly mirrored my thoughts... Although I wouldn't have put Baer at "pure trash" level, as you could get a few cents back dropping them off at the local recycling center after they cracked on you. Like I said, they look pretty on the street and save weight over stock rotors... but rigidly bolting aluminum to iron in that high heat exchange environment is just asking for trouble. Even the OEM gt-350/BMW-M3/4/5/etc/audiRwhatevers with two piece aluminum hat rotors have the outer iron ring float pinned onto the inner hat to allow for expansion.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Anthony exactly mirrored my thoughts... Although I wouldn't have put Baer at "pure trash" level, as you could get a few cents back dropping them off at the local recycling center after they cracked on you. Like I said, they look pretty on the street and save weight over stock rotors... but rigidly bolting aluminum to iron in that high heat exchange environment is just asking for trouble. Even the OEM gt-350/BMW-M3/4/5/etc/audiRwhatevers with two piece aluminum hat rotors have the outer iron ring float pinned onto the inner hat to allow for expansion.
Hahaha! You can get about 25 cents if your lucky.

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
Wildwood and Brembo both make a single Manuel calpier to use for the parking brake. ($65-$100)
The Brembo kit I have uses it. And I'm able to copy the bracket. The difference is the kit uses GT4 radial calipers and they aren't cheap. I'm hoping to just adapt the stock GT350 calipers on and add the single for the pb. Got both calipers for $400.
I couldn't find the measurement for the stock ones, so I had to order to see if possible or what's going to be involved.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Wildwood and Brembo both make a single Manuel calpier to use for the parking brake. ($65-$100)
The Brembo kit I have uses it. And I'm able to copy the bracket. The difference is the kit uses GT4 radial calipers and they aren't cheap. I'm hoping to just adapt the stock GT350 calipers on and add the single for the pb. Got both calipers for $400.
I couldn't find the measurement for the stock ones, so I had to order to see if possible or what's going to be involved.
I was looking at those manual calipers too. Hopefully a company will make adapter brackets for the gt350 brakes.

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front only requires the parts, calipers, rotors and a custom bracket to mount the rad calps.
The rear will bolt up, need the rotors. As for the parking brake you'll need all the factory hardware and reroute the cable or , calps, rotors, custom bracket to mount Brembo or wilwood parking brake calp.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I would be little weary of the ABS. The GT350's use a different ABS sensor, and may have separate logic in the ABS module even though the part numbers are common.

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the same.
Installs done on rear. Haven't driven it yet. Will be another week, then I'll run it through its passes and test. I can only really test the "feel".

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
I thought the same.
Installs done on rear. Haven't driven it yet. Will be another week, then I'll run it through its passes and test. I can only really test the "feel".
need pics :cheers::cheers::cheers:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I thought the same.
What did you end up needing to do the rears?
Sponsored