Sponsored

Stealth Hitch

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
This isn't necessary. They already plan to produce. As you can see, a prototype is already made. Just need to do some due diligence.
Any idea of the weight of it? The current ones I've seen are heavier'n old hell. Be nice if it was like 15 lbs.:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I did my best with these pictures, y'all. Sorry.

Stealth Hitch needs someone with a stock exhaust to verify fitment with actual mufflers. I suspect some minor gusset modification is needed. That is the only holdup before they go on sale. I am trying to find someone in my local area that is willing to let there car be a mockup and Stealth Hitch will give them free installation and a discount (not free). They're located in Sugar Hill, GA.
Wish they were closer to me, mine's all stock ATM!

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
Any updates on the hitches?

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
I was only kidding, have never used an ebike myself. I would guess that it gives you assist when you need it, for me that would be after the first mile when I started sucking wind, but I am pretty out of shape right now. Looking at the link I would never pay $1500 for one. My current mountain bike cost just over $300 and that was a lot for me.
They are so worth it! They Get you outta the house you can go up to 30 miles per hour up to 40 miles with assist, I ride mine to work which is about 16 miles. I got injured on it one day and it took me all the way home on throttle only. They are awesome!!!:headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Any updates on the hitches?
When I contacted them they said they were going to start on support for Fords in the summer. As of end of February Steve Nance (CEO) said it's likely around August for the Mustang.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Steve is working with another Mustang owner or two I've referred to test the design on cars with more space-requiring exhausts vs. my own.

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
Update: Stealth Hitch is still looking for a stock mufflered Mustang so that they can finalize the hitch, this is what is holding it back, so anyone with a stock exhaust please contact them.

Thanks

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm selling mine, which is the only one that exists and is a prototype. Can't ship it obviousuly because it's 30 lbs. and huge, but... selling it :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have no box, no time, and everyone wants "free shipping" and when they find out what me buying a box and pricing out shipping cost would be... crickets. So... no. Not unless, on top of like $300 for the hitch, you want to pay conceivably $150 to ship it safely where I won't hear about how it has a scratch or whatever.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
OP, thanks for sharing this. I have been debating on how to mount my bikes onto the stang but wasn't sold on the current options. Count me in on this. I've made my inquiry with them too.

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
This is what I got back from Steve, the CEO, two days ago. Still looks like they are waiting on someone local.....

Hi Don,

We fully intend to get it completed. We just need a local customer to bring one in with a stock muffler to confirm fitment.

Best regards.
Steve Nance
CEO
Sponsored