Sponsored

How many have now upgraded from a 2015-2017 to a 2018/19?

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
I only had 15000 on the 16,got sucked in by the 18 auto after a test drive..:)
Sponsored

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
16 gt manual base to 18 gt auto base . Just use it for road trips, works great. 11,000 miles in last 2 months.
Faster yup. bit better on fuel,yup..Suspension set up bit better than my 16.

Like looking over the slightly lower hood line.
Like the looks
like having digital speedo finally
Love the sound of the base exhaust, perfect for me,way better than my 16 hoover.

But
Not happy buttons on wheel switched. PIA for me.
And hate that every time i close the trunk the black shiny rear panel scratches from the dust and my fingers!!
Cant pass cars without hitting 120 mph! hmm

I wish I has stuck with the manual. The auto is fine, just !@@#$#@ boring.
Really? I strongly prefer the radio buttons on the left. My BMW's buttons were over there, and I never could understand why ford did the opposite. I NEVER used the steering wheel buttons on my mustangs until now, because I drive a stick and my right hand is always next to the radio anyway. So I have to move my hand up to the wheel to use them, or just a little movement to turn a knob.

Now I can keep both hands where I typically drive and change the volume. It's nice.

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
For me its a PIA because All the other fords in our family have the buttons for the info on the left, including the kids new 18 f150.I finally get to know where to put my finger and the @#$# change them on me! :). I also only steer with my left hand and have always had a stick and i like changing the info a lot as interesting to when on my all day roadtrips. I rarely turn on the stereo anyway.
Other than that its a great machine!

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
....But
Not happy buttons on wheel switched. PIA for me....
Can somebody clarify something for me please?

Are the Cruise Control buttons on the RHS or LHS?

Pic would be awesome.

Thanks

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Until recently I had no idea this was a thing, I have yet to go to one of these events but have started watching the youtube videos. Dayum the things people do with people standing close by. :crazy:

And to think... If people would leave the nannies on, this wouldn't happen... as much.

pantograph3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP Orange Fury
Just upgraded from a 16 GT to an 18 GT with PP and Magenride. Love the Active Exhaust feature, and it just sounds so much better even on normal. I was considering an AWE touring cat back on my 16, but on the 18 I'm happy with the factory exhaust.

The car to me feels a lot different than the 16. I'm not sure if it's the suspension setup with the PP or the Magenride or what, but it feels much more sporty and eager to accelerate. The automatic shifts ultra fast too. The digital dash is really cool too. I'm very happy with the car. The only thing I wish I could do was set the Magneride mode independent of the driving mode (or I just can't figure out how to do it).

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I did. I’ll post a comparison / review tonight.

Fu Manhcu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 1/2, 2017 & 2018 FORD MUSTANG GT
Finally let go of 2009 & 2010 GT's... Got me a 2017 and 2018 GT... A world of difference :)

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
And to think... If people would leave the nannies on, this wouldn't happen... as much.
What I don't understand, aside from driving like that with people around is the lack of taking their foot off of the pedal. You can steer these cars with the throttle but these drivers just keep the foot to the floor and I guess hope for the best. :shrug:

I watched some more of those videos last night... dayum. :crazy:

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think part of it is just reaction issues - they don't think fast enough to take their foot off the pedal. Another factor might be that when they take their foot of the pedal, the wheels grab again and that's what sends them barreling off the road.

A few years ago I saw a C6 Corvette pull out onto a street and the driver gunned it. As I recall, it didn't have any nannies so the wheels broke traction, and the car started fish-tailing all over the place. As soon as it appeared that he lifted off the gas, the wheels grabbed and sent him right into a guard rail (lucky it was there, or he'd have been off in a canyon).

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think part of it is just reaction issues - they don't think fast enough to take their foot off the pedal. Another factor might be that when they take their foot of the pedal, the wheels grab again and that's what sends them barreling off the road.

A few years ago I saw a C6 Corvette pull out onto a street and the driver gunned it. As I recall, it didn't have any nannies so the wheels broke traction, and the car started fish-tailing all over the place. As soon as it appeared that he lifted off the gas, the wheels grabbed and sent him right into a guard rail (lucky it was there, or he'd have been off in a canyon).
I guess I'm happy to have learned how to drive in actual 60's muscle cars where you either learned how to control with the throttle and no computer or you lost it. I learned how to control it and can't comprehend why people with no experience handling this much power insist on pretending they do.

The main problem is people with no clue how to drive powerful cars are driving them, period. It's like somebody buying a gun and not learning how to properly use it, both require practise and when needed training.

Everybody can make mistakes, ever single video I watched was just plain stupidity by somebody over-eager to impress people without the knowledge of how to do so.

Now I'm not saying I never made a mistake like this I actually have. Back in 1985 I floored my 5.0 LX Coupe and it kicked out and side impacted a light pole. Reason why, I had the car for 2 weeks and had little experience with how light the back end was and paid the price.

After that I practised and learned technique before aggressive driving again.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I guess I'm happy to have learned how to drive in actual 60's muscle cars where you either learned how to control with the throttle and no computer or you lost it. I learned how to control it and can't comprehend why people with no experience handling this much power insist on pretending they do.

The main problem is people with no clue how to drive powerful cars are driving them, period. It's like somebody buying a gun and not learning how to properly use it, both require practise and when needed training.

Everybody can make mistakes, ever single video I watched was just plain stupidity by somebody over-eager to impress people without the knowledge of how to do so.

Now I'm not saying I never made a mistake like this I actually have. Back in 1985 I floored my 5.0 LX Coupe and it kicked out and side impacted a light pole. Reason why, I had the car for 2 weeks and had little experience with how light the back end was and paid the price.

After that I practised and learned technique before aggressive driving again.
With modern cars, you don't even have to be a skilled driver. This isn't the 60s or 70s where cars handled like dog crap and didn't have any assists. The nannies on the S197 and S550 cars WILL literally save your tail.

Like I said before, most of the accidents leaving C&C events are people trying to show off their "skills" without the nannies on. With the nannies on, it's actually pretty hard to lose control going straight. I would NEVER turn the nannies off while driving on the street unless I was trying to do a burnout. Leave track mode for what it was meant to be driven on... the track.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With modern cars, you don't even have to be a skilled driver. This isn't the 60s or 70s where cars handled like dog crap and didn't have any assists. The nannies on the S197 and S550 cars WILL literally save your tail.

Like I said before, most of the accidents leaving C&C events are people trying to show off their "skills" without the nannies on. With the nannies on, it's actually pretty hard to lose control going straight. I would NEVER turn the nannies off while driving on the street unless I was trying to do a burnout. Leave track mode for what it was meant to be driven on... the track.
I bolded the main statement because it really is the crux of it. That's what they're doing, turning off the controls to show off for others, period. Clearly they are incapable of handling it either because of stupidity or lack of experience. Back when V8's made 150hp this was much less of an issue.

Those with no skills have existed since forever, but as cars get more and more powerful these lack of skills and not enough brains gets more and more dangerous.

Reactions: Ebm
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Revisiting - wow, seems like there’s quite a few folks who have gone from a 2015-2017 to the new 2018!

Congrats to all of you and even the guys in the PP2 GT thread (separate from this one) - lots of great pics and responses from everyone in both threads!

All I can say is, I’m really enjoying the 2018 over my prior 2016, definitley rides a lot better, handles a lot better and the A10 10R80 is surely fun and worlds apart from the 6R80.

Best of luck to everyone!
Sponsored