[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong, the MMR pieces are beautiful, but for just holding together a couple of actuators on the back of the IM, I might be inclined to "cheap out" :D
Wish MMR did black or other colors. Red does not match my combo but they are nicely made.
Sponsored

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
That's solid! 524HP/454lb-ft TQ (calc'ed at 15% loss).

Assuming since you said it's an E85 "race tune" you were running E85[?]

How does it drive? Looks like you have a manual 3.73 car (Perf Pack).
Yes sir E85 was in the tank and 3.73 gearing. It drives really good. No surging, or drivability issues. Car felt slower to me after the longtubes but that can’t be the case with the dyno coming out the way it did lol.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Does anyone on here sell the plug and play harness for the 18 Intake?

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Does anyone on here sell the plug and play harness for the 18 Intake?
You must not have read the past 20 pages about the pigtails.

Go lockouts

BrandonJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So after reading all the post on this thread , I jumped in and installed a 18 intake . With all the concerns of the p2006 and p2007 , I took an different approach. Frist I did a data log , using Ford diagnostic equipment . Ids as it would be known . With the 2015 icrms voltages that the pcm are the different from the right bank to the left . One reading high and one reading low when closed , switching as they open . As you cammand them open voltages changes as they should . With the 2018 manifold voltages at the right and left banks stay the same , open to closed . To prove my theory . I checked my install of a 2018 manifold to a stock 2018 . Guess what , voltages are the same . Icrms sensors are working as they should if wired right . Now my issue is , since I know that my wiring , your wiring is correct , why should we have to lock out ? I went this option because I didn't want the pissing with the tunner I chose . Simple answer lock them out and be done . And you don't need lock out plates for the the tune . Default for the imrc is open . :cheers::cheers:
I ordered a plug and play harness for my swap. I'm wondering if you can take a vacuum/pressure source and actuate the IMRC solenoids while logging the voltages for open and closed while in the Key on engine off position and entering those values in the tune so the computer has the correct voltages to compared full open/closed.

Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Is anyone running lockouts with 3.31s and a manual?

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes sir E85 was in the tank and 3.73 gearing. It drives really good. No surging, or drivability issues. Car felt slower to me after the longtubes but that can’t be the case with the dyno coming out the way it did lol.
My car on the stock manifold also felt slower after longtubes. Do you have cats?

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
My car on the stock manifold also felt slower after longtubes. Do you have cats?
Nope I went catless since I only have a visual inspection here in VA. That's what really made me go with the TSP headers besides good quality for the price. The "fake" cats they provide.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a plug and play harness for my swap. I'm wondering if you can take a vacuum/pressure source and actuate the IMRC solenoids while logging the voltages for open and closed while in the Key on engine off position and entering those values in the tune so the computer has the correct voltages to compared full open/closed.
If you look at the voltages of the 15 17 imrc sensors , they work or show this . At idle solinoid is energized causing the imrc to close . The pid value will indicate the voltages of bank 1 3.98 bank 2 1.09 . If you switch , comand the solinoid off , the imrc are opened . The voltages at the sensors will change from bank 1 1.15 bank 2 3.99 . With 18 manifold the sensors read different. Closed , at idle , both banks will read 3.37 and when switched to off , imrc opened voltage switch to both banks 1.54 .I installed the manifold and ran it with no tune and would get a p2006 . When I ordered the tune I was told " we will not chase icrms codes " . I had a tune for imrc unlocked . Frist accl p2006 set . Instead of getting into a pissing match with the tuner I had them tune for the icrms to be locked . You don't have to get the plates to lock them out since default is open on the imrc.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone running lockouts with 3.31s and a manual?
Have a 15 with a manual 3.31 and 275/35/20 tires . With imrc locker and a Steeda cai , lund tune, pulls hard in the upper rpm range .

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Have a 15 with a manual 3.31 and 275/35/20 tires . With imrc locker and a Steeda cai , lund tune, pulls hard in the upper rpm range .

Does it feel sluggish down low?

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't notice any difference in the lower rpm range but hold on after 3k rpm

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you look at the voltages of the 15 17 imrc sensors , they work or show this . At idle solinoid is energized causing the imrc to close . The pid value will indicate the voltages of bank 1 3.98 bank 2 1.09 . If you switch , comand the solinoid off , the imrc are opened . The voltages at the sensors will change from bank 1 1.15 bank 2 3.99 . With 18 manifold the sensors read different. Closed , at idle , both banks will read 3.37 and when switched to off , imrc opened voltage switch to both banks 1.54 .I installed the manifold and ran it with no tune and would get a p2006 . When I ordered the tune I was told " we will not chase icrms codes " . I had a tune for imrc unlocked . Frist accl p2006 set . Instead of getting into a pissing match with the tuner I had them tune for the icrms to be locked . You don't have to get the plates to lock them out since default is open on the imrc.

Nice of you to post the info you gathered. Not that I'm going to do anything with it, lol. But am curious on your last sentence about not having to lock them out since they default to open. Can you elaborate a little more on that. I see reference to the ty-rap, and know of the plates. Just wondering will they stay in the correct position if they aren't restrained, are they sprung to the open position or something? Just curious so thought I'd ask.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When stated they default to open ,is that when no vacuum is applied to the servo of the icrms they are forced to the open position. Vacuum is applied to the servos when the control selinoid is powered up . That would be at idle and cruise .
Sponsored