Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Nobody has responded with a pic of the imrc. Can you just remove the butterflies and epoxy the holes shut? Cheapest non zip tie lockout there is.
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I dont have pics but when the IMRC's are open they form a smooth wall with the runner. If you remove them entirely, there will be a large opening where they used to open into in order to sit flush with the wall.

Matt

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Gotcha. So ford finally made them not interfere the air path much when open?

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody has responded with a pic of the imrc. Can you just remove the butterflies and epoxy the holes shut? Cheapest non zip tie lockout there is.
As long as the actuators do not get any vacuum the IMRCs will stay open. So you don't have to remove anything or zip tie anything. That's how my car is setup and it's working great.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone do a run against an N/A GT (with similar mods) that doesn't have the manifold installed? I did two runs and was ahead by a fender. I was expecting to be ahead by at least half a car, but maybe a driver mod is needed for my car.

Both cars are manual with 3.73's.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Only thing I can say is that I picked up a solid couple mph in the 1/8th mile vs the 15 manifold. Not a HUGE gain but its worth it especially for how cheap it is. I also made 450whp (JLT/FF tune/Catback/18 manifold) on a dyno that a stock GT with catback made 386 on right before my car.

Matt

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
As long as the actuators do not get any vacuum the IMRCs will stay open. So you don't have to remove anything or zip tie anything. That's how my car is setup and it's working great.
So the ridiculously overpriced lockouts aren't even needed?

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone do a run against an N/A GT (with similar mods) that doesn't have the manifold installed? I did two runs and was ahead by a fender. I was expecting to be ahead by at least half a car, but maybe a driver mod is needed for my car.

Both cars are manual with 3.73's.
My buddy ran against a stock GT350R in the 1/2 mile and was pretty much dead even with him from what he told me and video he posted up on YouTube. His mods are listed below:

(PP Car btw)
-Steeda Intake
-AED E85 Tune
-Axleback and x-pipe
-Ported 18 Manifold

1/2 Mile Event Race:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]tVmTvoDJ-Xg[/MEDIA]"]

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No sir, that's how Shaun @ AED tuned my car and it's putting down great numbers with no issues. If you're not running IMRCs it's pretty much just a drop in and you don't have to remove anything or plug in anything in the back either.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No sir, that's how Shaun @ AED tuned my car and it's putting down great numbers with no issues. If you're not running IMRCs it's pretty much just a drop in and you don't have to remove anything or plug in anything in the back either.
I only did it because I was paranoid as hell and didn't trust the IMRC to somehow not close a little due to vibration/bumps.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I only did it because I was paranoid as hell and didn't trust the IMRC to somehow not close a little due to vibration/bumps.
TBH I was a little paranoid about it too, but I thought to myself trust your tuner since he's a professional, you're not. So I went for it and everything was perfect lol.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Jay-Rod, don't overthink it and throw on some zipties. I have two on each side and so far, so good.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase