Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Ryan, PD Tuning, has been seeing the same thing and commented such on one of the Facebook posts about this issue. Is he trustworthy or just trying to sell parts commission free for Ford too?
I would think at this juncture with the observation of the possibility that the FRPS giving false Voltages that may have negative affects on an engines performance that directly has a lasting affect to an engines longevity . We should become dillagent enough to perform the necessary tests to draw a conclusion to whether the FRPS is Faulty and needs to be replaced ..................
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I would think at this juncture with the observation of the possibility that the FRPS giving false Voltages that may have negative affects on an engines performance that directly has a lasting affect to an engines longevity . We should become dillagent enough to perform the necessary tests to draw a conclusion to whether the FRPS is Faulty and needs to be replaced ..................
I have acquired 3 of these from failed engines over the last week. We're going to test the sensors to see if they were faulty. If so, it's going to be very interesting. The fact that so many are reporting in on it with faulty sensors makes me wonder if this could finally be the root cause of the ecoboom issue, given its effects on fueling and such. It may be or it may not be but it's worth investigating. I'd hope it's something rather simple like this. A $23 sensor that could prevent catastrophic issues would be a simple and cheap fix.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I would not get behind anything Adam says. At the least, I would verify with people who actually know what they are talking about.
And you know what you are talking about? It's already been stated that multiple tuners have said the same thing. How many credible sources do you require sir?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
[MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION]

What is the current Ford part number for the sensor that supersedes the original? I too also thought that any revision was consecutive - such as if the original part # ended in with a HYPOTHETICAL “C”, the new part revision or superseded part number would now end with “D”.

Also, is the part # on the sensor itself for folks to confirm which is installed onto their vehicle?

Last question... Do you happen to know if the sensor was revised for 2018 or if they are the same used in 2017-2015’s?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] I need to know that too, if you have the answer ;)

My car is a 2017 PP EcoBoost. As shown on the picture below, my sensor part # is BU5A-9F972-BA. Is this the old or the new version? According to this thread the BA in the new version and the CA the old one. But a guy on Adam's group on Facebook just told me that that the BA is the old and the CA the new version. So now I am confused :shrug:

I will do the test described by Adam just in case, but I think I will be proactive and order the part, just in case.
20180321_152222.jpg

Last edited:

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
My readings seemed normal, but I went ahead and swapped the sensor out since you can get one for around $20 shipped on eBay. I have a picture of both old and new sensors on my build page, so you can check to see if you have the old or revised one.
[MENTION=29066]Bull Run[/MENTION] I just visited your build page, thanks for putting that together!!! Looks good!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
And you know what you are talking about? It's already been stated that multiple tuners have said the same thing. How many credible sources do you require sir?
I know about what? Adam? I do... thanks.

How many credible sources, depends on the subject... but I'd not consider Adam a credible source.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
^ [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] I need to know that too, if you have the answer ;)

My car is a 2017 PP EcoBoost. As shown on the picture below, my sensor part # is BU5A-9F972-BA. Is this the old or the new version? According to this thread the BA in the new version and the CA the old one. But a guy on Adam's group on Facebook just told me that that the BA is the old and the CA the new version. So now I am confused :shrug:

I will do the test described by Adam just in case, but I think I will be proactive and order the part, just in case.
That looks like the old sensor. I wasn't having issues but swapped it out anyways since they are around $20 on eBay.

Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
if you change one of these out, does anyone know the torque spec to tighten it down to?

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Interesting find, what is the theory here faulty sensors because they are older? Seems illogical if these older sensors would contribute to something like an engine failure Ford wouldn't swap them out at first sight from the factory or even issue a replacements for the ones that have the old sensor. Are we saying Ford has no idea about it and Adam does? Or is it any version sensor that could go bad for a given reason?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)

My brand new sensor says -CA at the end. Package says -B but on the actual sensor it's CA. My old one was BA.

OP
OP
Blyman93

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I have acquired 3 of these from failed engines over the last week. We're going to test the sensors to see if they were faulty. If so, it's going to be very interesting. The fact that so many are reporting in on it with faulty sensors makes me wonder if this could finally be the root cause of the ecoboom issue, given its effects on fueling and such. It may be or it may not be but it's worth investigating. I'd hope it's something rather simple like this. A $23 sensor that could prevent catastrophic issues would be a simple and cheap fix.
Is something over 100psi at idle or light boost achievable by aggressive tuning? Raised fuel pressure?

A part of me thinks it's odd that like 3 out of 5 checking would find this "issue". That's big stuff, I don't doubt the HPFP shooting to 100% or have g a huge split between FRP Desired and Actual. But I can't seem to find anyone saying anything other than having over 100psi LSFP. I do t know enough to confirm or deny.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Theoretically I am going to call this hypothosis Bull shit and shall do the tests any way to see what is actual and what is embellished !

I do believe that there is way more going on with these theories about catastrophic failures that the interested parties are drawing on anything that may contribute to a failure as a feel good idea and are willing to exploit some findings although plausible and rational are more than likely incredable tails of folley .. checked mine and it ends with BA ...is this the reported better sensor ?

We all know what causes these failures and what to avoid ..
Sponsored