2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Maybe if we both ask nice they will build two. :thumbsup:
It's funny, back in 1968 when they were making a lot more Mustangs than know, but the paint shop wasn't as automated they offered 16 exterior colors and 8 interior colors, and in 1971 they offered 18 exterior colors including 4 "grabber" tones and 6 interior colors. I would have thought it would be easier now with the automated lines to shoot more colors. :crazy:
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I would have thought it would be easier now with the automated lines to shoot more colors. :crazy:
It is. They already change color in the paint street for almost every car. Ford just doesn't have the vision to offer more colors. Or better ones for that matter, because a lot of their shades of current colors suck.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Gotta wonder what Dodge might do to make the Bullitt Edition Charger special and different.
Definitely black and a hemi.
AND Flame decals............... and old school bare steel wheels with no hub caps installed on delivery but 7 in the trunk. :lol::cheers:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
A complement to all on this thread.
I think it is wonderful-- we have discussed transmissions AND the thread did not dissolve into a she vs she 'debate' of manual vs auto. We've debated if Ford will put the auto in the Bullitt but NOT whether the auto or stick is better--that is and should remain a personal call.

I and Steve McQueen just want to thank all involved for keeping this thread so respectful of others!!!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It's funny, back in 1968 when they were making a lot more Mustangs than know, but the paint shop wasn't as automated they offered 16 exterior colors and 8 interior colors, and in 1971 they offered 18 exterior colors including 4 "grabber" tones and 6 interior colors. I would have thought it would be easier now with the automated lines to shoot more colors. :crazy:
Not to mention you could order almost any color interior with any color exterior, hideous or not. I've seen a few weird ones, but it's better than every one being the same.....

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Not to mention you could order almost any color interior with any color exterior, hideous or not. I've seen a few weird ones, but it's better than every one being the same.....
I'm pretty sure it was the same for options too, they didn't have as many "packages" and you could get a lot of them a la carte.

The Dark Moss Green '67 fastback I bought in 1977 for $1500, had a 390GT engine (that we had to rebuild, 'cause someone never changed the Penzoil), C6 auto. trans., black interior with factory A/C and that was about it. It even came with 4 wheel drum brakes. (which I upgraded with the front brakes and peddle off a wrecked '68 Cougar) The 9 inch rear end had 3.00 gears and an open diff. It wasn't a GTA which had the same engine and trans, but included a center console, body molding, special gas cap and badges. Oh, the good 'ol days. :headbang:

For the old timers:
After rebuilding the engine using a "3/4 Race Cam" from Isky, I installed from the top, a Moroso low profile open element air cleaner with K&N filter, Holley 780 vac/secondary carb, Edelbrock intake manifold, Mallory Unilite ignition with Moroso 8mm spiral-core wires and Hooker full length headers. It rolled on Positraction Torque Twister, Bias Ply tires until BFG came out with their cool new T/A Radials.

It ran pretty good, doing 14 flat most days and in the low to mid 90 mph, but the gears were so tall that it was shifting into 3rd crossing the finish line. I sold it before changing out the 3.00 gears and after they closed Brotherhood Raceway. It would have been interesting to see what she would have run with 3.50s or 3.75s and a limited slip. She was fast, but not like the stuff out there now.

Last edited:

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
you have to take into consideration that there used to be three factories that were building mustangs back in the day, so they had the capacity to offer so many choices... today we only have one.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm pretty sure it was the same for options too, they didn't have as many "packages" and you could get a lot of them a la carte.
That too. I hate the package mania that is almost procedure today. I wish you could order a Mustang like you can a Jeep Wrangler, which are still largely a la carte.

I used to be into drag racing, and ran a '70 Cougar back in the early 1990s. It had a stout solid-lifter 4bbl-headed 351C backed by a C4 with a 9" and spooled 4.56s and was a consistent low 12 car, although I cracked into the 11s once on a glory pass. My brother has the engine in a '70 Fairlane now on E85, and it's really on the ragged edge of streetable. It's crazy that you can buy a car off the showroom floor that will run these kinds of numbers with AC and all the toys, and no drama.

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I think the Bullitt fits the S197 bodystyle the most. I'd much rather have seen a new Cobra Jet or Mach 1 with an optional CJ or SCJ

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I think the Bullitt fits the S197 bodystyle the most. I'd much rather have seen a new Cobra Jet or Mach 1 with an optional CJ or SCJ
Would be cool if you could get a GT with a Mach1 Appearance Package, adding a CJ made it the 5.2 FPC and SCJ added a supercharged 5.2 FPC.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The Cobra Jet is Ford's NHRA racecar. I don't think you are ever going to see a street version of that again.
No.. but doesn't make it less cool :-)

Also, the CobraJet car and packages don't have to be the same thing. They could have easily sold a GT500 Cobra Jet trim/package with all the CJ parts FR had for it for a while.