OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
^^^Absolutely. Even a standard M3/M4 is in another league. They are works of art and I can sit and stare at them all day long. Every detail has had attention. I spent about an hour sitting, walking around and exploring an m4 at a dealership a few months back. It wasnt nearly enough time.

The GT350 is an amazing car and I would give anything (outside of ADM) to get my hands on one...:D Outside of performance times and value, Ford and BMW have little in common. I've sat in a GT PP and a M235i convertible back to back. Anyone that thinks Ford/Chevy/Caddy are competing with BMW in the areas of fit finish and interior quality arent being honest with themselves (in my opinion). Craftmanship (not necessarily quality) is in another league. A comparable BMW is 10k more, however. Its evident where that money goes but the value definitely goes to Ford.

Agree with this...
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Todd calls everyone a troll. It's like a badge of honor; don't worry about it.

As far as the M4 GTS goes, eh, I'd rather save some money and get a 911 GT3. Th car is going to be amazing I'm sure, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Loved the previous generation though.

-T

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As far as the M4 GTS goes, eh, I'd rather save some money and get a 911 GT3. Th car is going to be amazing I'm sure, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Loved the previous generation though.

-T
Agreed on the GT3, tbats my.wish.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
^^^Absolutely. Even a standard M3/M4 is in another league. They are works of art and I can sit and stare at them all day long. Every detail has had attention. I spent about an hour sitting, walking around and exploring an m4 at a dealership a few months back. It wasnt nearly enough time.

The GT350 is an amazing car and I would give anything (outside of ADM) to get my hands on one...:D Outside of performance times and value, Ford and BMW have little in common. I've sat in a GT PP and a M235i convertible back to back. Anyone that thinks Ford/Chevy/Caddy are competing with BMW in the areas of fit finish and interior quality arent being honest with themselves (in my opinion). Craftmanship (not necessarily quality) is in another league. A comparable BMW is 10k more, however. Its evident where that money goes but the value definitely goes to Ford.
Well said...agree 100%. And I do love both my S550 and M4.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is interested..here is the video of the lap...pretty ballsy to hit 280kmph on this track..

[ame]

Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
Fantastic car, and no doubt fast. Just like the gt350r though I don't think I could see the value in it over thr "base" versions...especially after ADM. I'd still go with the all-too-classic GT3 in the $100-150k range.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Wow what a composed lap around the ring. Simply beautiful. Although the GT350R is great I would absolutely spend the extra money to own this BMW. My chances of getting one first hand are probably non-existent by now.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic car, and no doubt fast. Just like the gt350r though I don't think I could see the value in it over thr "base" versions...especially after ADM. I'd still go with the all-too-classic GT3 in the $100-150k range.

Agreed, for this amount of money a GT3 would be in the driveway.

Dave

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

-T
This is crazy! There is a 2016 ACR Viper for $117,000 which can do 7.01.67 on Nurburgring, and you still pay for cars like this, even a GT3 has nothing on that car! Looks, sound, performance, and price should go to ACR Viper! Go America!
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is crazy! There is a 2016 ACR Viper for $117,000 which can do 7.01.67 on Nurburgring, and you still pay for cars like this, even a GT3 has nothing on that car! Looks, sound, performance, and price should go to ACR Viper! Go America!

Sorry not a Viper fan...I think they are hideous. Not to mention the build quality on these cars has a lot to be desired. Have you seen some of the body gaps on these cars.

Dave

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Sorry not a Viper fan...I think they are hideous. Not to mention the build quality on these cars has a lot to be desired. Have you seen some of the body gaps on these cars.

Dave
They are no where close to the panel gap problems of the mustangs! Interior is not bad either for a dodge! They are one of the most sexy cars on the road and rare! There are ton of m4's on the road but viper not so much! Stunning cars in my opinion!
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are no where close to the panel gap problems of the mustangs! Interior is not bad either for a dodge! They are one of the most sexy cars on the road and rare! There are ton of m4's on the road but viper not so much! Stunning cars in my opinion!

Don't get me wrong, I think they are awesome cars. Just not my cup of tea...especially when you want to put your kids in the back. As far as the gaps on the Mustang, well the Vipers I have seen were pretty bad especially when you consider the price difference between the cars. I was more inline with the M3/4 vs. Viper.

Dave

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I've owned Merecedes, BMW, and Audi. Ford has upped the ante for sure, but my loaded out GT/CS isn't even in the same league of refinement as any of those I have owned. Do I like my GT more, absolutely, but no where near the vault feel. I would much rather have a GTS M3 or better yet a GT3. I didn't even consider the Gt350. 55+ for a Mustang or Camaro for me is just stupid. I said for me. Everyone has their own tastes.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

Ford and Chevy aren't intended to compete with BMW in terms of fit/finish and interior quality. That's why there is a huge price difference between those brands and BMW models.

On the other hand, Cadillac most certainly has been competing with BMW on fit/finish and interior quality, and in many cases exceeding BMW in those areas. Lincoln is still improving, but hasn't quite matched Cadillac/BMW/Mercedes in build quality.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and Chevy aren't intended to compete with BMW in terms of fit/finish and interior quality. That's why there is a huge price difference between those brands and BMW models.

On the other hand, Cadillac most certainly has been competing with BMW on fit/finish and interior quality, and in many cases exceeding BMW in those areas. Lincoln is still improving, but hasn't quite matched Cadillac/BMW/Mercedes in build quality.

Agreed...I really wish Ford would really make a quality RWD sedan, they can sell it through Lincoln, but Caddy has it all over Lincoln just because of this.

Dave
Sponsored