Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT vs. @ 2016 Mustang GT

DaUnit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP Shadow Black
15 is faster and the hood blinkers on 16 trap in air which could cause a catastrophic engine failure if you run it hard.
:shrug:

Can you find legitimate sources to your accusations?

Links please or you're just talking nonsense.
Sponsored

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Donny, You asked a reasonable question to start this thread. More fun to get current opinion than to search through old threads that may, in fact, be superceded by newer information and opinion. The jury finds you innocent of laziness. The jury, instead, finds the plaintiffs guilty of whining.
I have the 2016 Mustang GT. Also have a 2014 Ford Focus with the previous generation SYNC 2. If SYNC 2 is a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10, SYNC 3 is an 8.5. Admittedly subjective scoring, but the SYNC 3 touch screen is more responsive, and doesn't get smudged fingerprints like its predecessor. If you so much as look at the old model screen, fingerprints appeared. It was eerie and frightening.
The turn signals in the 2016 hood sound cool on paper but in real life are, IMO, a waste. The other poster had a tongue-in-cheek comment, but there is a smaller aperture for heat to be dissipated than before because of the lights. Also, the driver can't even see the right turn signal light due to the weird longitudinal ridges that run up the hood surface. (If Ford needs a cost saving idea, they shouldn't even wire the right side turn signal because the driver will never know that the light doesn't work.....my attempt at humor. Sorry. It's been a long week....) I can't think of one time, other than the first night drive, that I saw the LEFT turn signal blinking on the hood and thought, how cool. You don't even notice it after a very short while, so what is the point, Ford??!! Lastly, you CAN'T even see the hood light during daylight hours. Enough about the dumbass turn signals. (I am guessing that no engineer at Ford thought up the 2016 hood turn signals.)

If relative purchase price wasn't a factor between the 2015 and 2016, it's essentially about the upgrade to SYNC 3. Let someone demonstrate both of them to you, and then you decide. 2016 Ford Explorers still have the old version of SYNC so you can get a feel for it by having someone let you play with that, and then compare to the newer software in a 2016 Mustang.

The biggest mistake I made (and this isn't a 2015 or 2016 issue) was not upgrading to the premium sound system. The base Shaker system in the 400A package is much, much worse than the SONY system in my daughter's 2014 Focus Titanium. The Mustang sometimes sounds like it has just one speaker, right in the middle of the dashboard. Have no idea why Ford didn't stick with the Sony systems for the Mustang, like they include in the Fusion, Focus, Explorer, Taurus, and Fiesta. Ford, please tell us it was about money.

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
:shrug:

Can you find legitimate sources to your accusations?

Links please or you're just talking nonsense.
I'd have that thing taken to the dealer asap. It's a ticking time bomb IMO. I'm just looking out for you.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Donny, You asked a reasonable question to start this thread. More fun to get current opinion than to search through old threads that may, in fact, be superceded by newer information and opinion. The jury finds you innocent of laziness. The jury, instead, finds the plaintiffs guilty of whining.
I have the 2016 Mustang GT. Also have a 2014 Ford Focus with the previous generation SYNC 2. If SYNC 2 is a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10, SYNC 3 is an 8.5. Admittedly subjective scoring, but the SYNC 3 touch screen is more responsive, and doesn't get smudged fingerprints like its predecessor. If you so much as look at the old model screen, fingerprints appeared. It was eerie and frightening.
The turn signals in the 2016 hood sound cool on paper but in real life are, IMO, a waste. The other poster had a tongue-in-cheek comment, but there is a smaller aperture for heat to be dissipated than before because of the lights. Also, the driver can't even see the right turn signal light due to the weird longitudinal ridges that run up the hood surface. (If Ford needs a cost saving idea, they shouldn't even wire the right side turn signal because the driver will never know that the light doesn't work.....my attempt at humor. Sorry. It's been a long week....) I can't think of one time, other than the first night drive, that I saw the LEFT turn signal blinking on the hood and thought, how cool. You don't even notice it after a very short while, so what is the point, Ford??!! Lastly, you CAN'T even see the hood light during daylight hours. Enough about the dumbass turn signals. (I am guessing that no engineer at Ford thought up the 2016 hood turn signals.)

If relative purchase price wasn't a factor between the 2015 and 2016, it's essentially about the upgrade to SYNC 3. Let someone demonstrate both of them to you, and then you decide. 2016 Ford Explorers still have the old version of SYNC so you can get a feel for it by having someone let you play with that, and then compare to the newer software in a 2016 Mustang.

The biggest mistake I made (and this isn't a 2015 or 2016 issue) was not upgrading to the premium sound system. The base Shaker system in the 400A package is much, much worse than the SONY system in my daughter's 2014 Focus Titanium. The Mustang sometimes sounds like it has just one speaker, right in the middle of the dashboard. Have no idea why Ford didn't stick with the Sony systems for the Mustang, like they include in the Fusion, Focus, Explorer, Taurus, and Fiesta. Ford, please tell us it was about money.
I'm with you on the sound system. My wife has an 2013 fusion titanium and that sound system is miles better then what I have. OP - I'd go with 2015 and get a good deal unless money is not that big an issue for you. Cheers

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'd trade my '15 GT in a heartbeat for a '16 CS/GT if I wasn't worried about losing my ass on deprecation. I had to get a '15 at the time since I could not wait any longer since I was borrowing cars and driving my daughter car until mine arrived.
Bad timing to have my daily driver totaled.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... trying to make my mind between a used 2015 or a new 2016. It really at this point depends on what kind of deal I can find.
new vs. used, it's all about the deal. Now what makes for a good deal on a 1 year old mustang, I don't know. $7k drop might be, but I doubt you will get that, particularly one sitting on a dealer lot.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
new vs. used, it's all about the deal. Now what makes for a good deal on a 1 year old mustang, I don't know. $7k drop might be, but I doubt you will get that, particularly one sitting on a dealer lot.
I got 5k off MSRP on a 2016. I don't want some car that has been tested and abused in it's first 200 some miles.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I got 5k off MSRP on a 2016. I don't want some car that has been tested and abused in it's first 200 some miles.
I am referring to a generous price drop off of street rate for a new car. So lets say a base Mustang GT is sitting on the dealer lot listed at $32. And you could buy it for 30-31, then $7k off of that gets you down to 23-24. I would have taken my chances down in that price range.

Although usually what I saw is the used car guys listed the one year old car at 28k, and it seemed like haggling down where i wanted to be was over the top.

This is just an example. In reality, there just wasn't many used Mustangs with V8 / manual in my area. I only looked at 2011+ with the Coyote.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
16 california special /thread. I think it really distinguishes the car from every other mustang on the road. I have people tell me all the time they have never liked mustangs but mine is beautiful. Makes it look special like a gt350 (obviously not the same level) and that is important to me. again, subjective.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
16 california special /thread. I think it really distinguishes the car from every other mustang on the road.
definitely a good looking car. Wheels are a big part of that, and I think the CS wheels are the best looking ones Ford offers. PP, not so much. Which is odd, considering that many people buy on aesthetics, so you would think Ford would put more effort into PP wheels to push more Brembo and Torsen out the door.
Sponsored