Sponsored

POST PICS OF YOUR CUSTOM PLASTI DIPPING!!!

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I actually like my car the way it is, all painted the same color on the bumper. I just can't ever do quad tips like you premium guys without a lot of hassle.

One could always paint a sample piece of plastic and compare it to the rest of the car.
Yea I appreciate everyone has their own style, my end goal is to basically black out the whole bottom as I purchased LEDs from DD and light covers from Big Worm but I like the flow of the stock bumper just would like to black out the bottom the way these guys did and then add the diffuser fins that [MENTION=16017]DansEBM[/MENTION] is working on to finish it off. Think it will give it a bit of race with style and purpose and without the fast and furious lol :thumbsup:
Sponsored

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
My plastidip projects

I did the top of the coolant tank and brake reservoir.
Did you remove the reservoir to dip it?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Sponsored

Dendrobatez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
3m vinyl seems to match the black plastic pretty well, texture is different though. I plasti dipped my mirror covers and the shading difference is noticeable between the dip and plastic unless you use tire shine on the plastic

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So I plasti-dipped mine over the weekend and it came out looking great, really great with the original plasti-dip black. Only thing was when I removed the tape I didn't think to cut the line with a razor :headbonk: because it pulled and frayed the edge of the paint so I got pissed and took it all off lol lesson learned. I'm going to wait now till @DansEBM finishes his diffuser fin add-ons and then do it over again lol :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:
Rear Before.JPG
Taped Rear.JPG
Finished Rear.JPG

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Did you remove the reservoir to dip it?
I didn't remove it all the way but rigged up something to hold the tank while I painted it. Redneck. I did take the hoses loose. Only the top half is painted but it looks perfectly natural that way. I did mask off the level indicator using a mold line, so I can check it.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ap8823

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
thats why you peel the tape when its still wet! :ninja: i did my wheels this weekend!

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Matte/Glossifier
13.jpg

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Matte/Glossifier
Not a bad idea considering how hard it is to keep that panel looking good with the gloss black. One drive and you can see the dust, and fingerprints are inevitable.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Not a bad idea considering how hard it is to keep that panel looking good with the gloss black. One drive and you can see the dust, and fingerprints are inevitable.
Yeah that was my problem exactly, it always looked like shit. I had trouble getting the glossifier to lay down good but after few attempts I finally got it. I have my roof wrapped in gloss black or I would have just left it matte. I'm really happy with it.
Sponsored