Sponsored

thermostat

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We have plenty of Reische T stats in stock guys and you have one more day to use coupon code LETHAL to save 10% on your order.

Place your order online or give us a call and we'll ship your order the same day it's placed.

Thanks!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
We have plenty of Reische T stats in stock guys and you have one more day to use coupon code LETHAL to save 10% on your order.

Place your order online or give us a call and we'll ship your order the same day it's placed.

Thanks!

Ordered mine last night thanks Lethal!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
For all of you running lower CHT, I hope for your engine's sake that you also have an oil catch can. The stock CHT of 210 degrees has no trouble keeping the oil vapors from the PVC system as vapors and burning them. However at ~190 degrees a lot of that vapor will turn to goo that will settle on your valves if you don't catch it ahead of time. Personally I rather loose a few HP and keep my CHT at the stock 210 degrees for engine longevity.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
For all of you running lower CHT, I hope for your engine's sake that you also have an oil catch can. The stock CHT of 210 degrees has no trouble keeping the oil vapors from the PVC system as vapors and burning them. However at ~190 degrees a lot of that vapor will turn to goo that will settle on your valves if you don't catch it ahead of time. Personally I rather loose a few HP and keep my CHT at the stock 210 degrees for engine longevity.
Um...what are you talking about? The gas washes off the valves. This isnt DI.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I am going to attempt to answer a few questions about the differences, advantages and reasoning behind going with a 160° is a good thing for all motors TDI and NA alike.

For you 2.3L EB guys:

Ford engineers already recognize that the EB cars (like all turbo cars) require a cooler tstat than their normal ~205° tstat is found in most of their NA applications. Their solution is 178° to be exact. So as you can see pre-production the group in charge of making the EB S550 possible had already devised a plan to attack the overheating issue. Now, I'm sure you're saying to yourself, "If this was such a great idea then why didn't Ford do it themselves?" The answer is simple EMISSIONS! The EPA standards that they have to meet will not allow for a modification like that. The aftermarket 170° option offers not noteable difference in any situation. 8° is nothing when we are talking about the car being capable of reaching 240°...232° is just as terrible for that application. Our 160° tstat will keep your coolant temps in the sweet spot of 190-205°! The overheating problem with the stock or close to stock tstat is only exacerbated when you add a larger FMIC, aftermarket grill or bumper. These parts all force air to be routed in different ways than the car was designed for. Keeping your motor cool is actually MORE important than keeping your turbo cool.

Ford does all of their power testing at ~140° coolant temp. That is great, but can you imagine driving your car for in winter dozens of miles and the car never being able to heat itself up? That would be TURRIBLE as Charles Barkley would say. So we spent years in R&D including teaming up with the largest OEM tstat supplier to develop a tstat that offer a measurable difference. Our 160° EvenFlo tstat is the perfect mind meld of driveability and performance in all conditions. We have spent countless hours in our shop vehicles in all 4 of our seasons to ensure that our end client doesn't experience any adverse symptoms in our varying climates. We have spent a massive amount of testing dollars to have BETA testers travel around with our EvenFlo tstat in stalled in all of the almost 75 applications. From Taurus SHO to Chevy Silverado with the all new LT1, from Mustang to Hellcat we cover them all. It doesn't matter if you spend your winters here in the frozen tundra of Michigan or the sweltering heat and humidity of south Texas our EvenFlo tstat is the perfect piece of inexpensive performance, comfort and tuning insurance!

For you Coyote guys out there:

The same methodology applies to you. As you guys begin to add mods that create more friction internally you need a way to diminish the side effects. Almost any real performance based mod that add to your baby will cause more heat build up. Turbos and SC's add compressed air. The by-product of anything being compressed is friction. The reverse side of the additional friction equation is exponentially more heat. That is like physics 101, and sorry if you already know all of that, but we want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. By adding our EvenFLo 160° tstat you are going to get optimal performance out of every single mod you make. Think about it, why do we add CAI's or modify the driver's side of the grill? In an attempt to get more and more cool air in so we can lower IAT's, right? Where is that a benefit if only the intake manifold is being kept cool? If the rest of the motor is too hot that little bit of cool air will not make any difference. A MyCal tuner, Windstorm CAI and EvenFlo 160° tstat is the perfect combo for modding!

Here are a few examples for you, notice the similarities:

This one is just for fun lol

Ford does all of their power testing at ~140° coolant temp. That is great, but can you imagine driving your car for in winter dozens of miles and the car never being able to heat itself up? That would be TURRIBLE as Charles Barkley would say. So we spent years in R&D including teaming up with the largest OEM tstat supplier to develop a tstat that offer a measurable difference. Our 160° EvenFlo tstat is the perfect mind meld of driveability and performance in all conditions. We have spent countless hours in our shop vehicles in all 4 of our seasons to ensure that our end client doesn't experience any adverse symptoms in our varying climates. We have spent a massive amount of testing dollars to have BETA testers travel around with our EvenFlo tstat in stalled in all of the almost 75 applications. From Taurus SHO to Chevy Silverado with the all new LT1, from Mustang to Hellcat we cover them all. It doesn't matter if you spend your winters here in the frozen tundra of Michigan or the sweltering heat and humidity of south Texas our EvenFlo tstat is the perfect piece of inexpensive performance, comfort and tuning insurance!

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That doesn't exactly tell us why the 170s so far on average have lower head temps. Im a bit confused here.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
That doesn't exactly tell us why the 170s so far on average have lower head temps. Im a bit confused here.
You are looking at cars of varied mod levels in different areas of the country. It is scientifically impossible. Here is a simple test, take both tstats and drop them in a pot of water and heat up the water. The 160° will open earlier than the 170°, 178° and 205°. Opening earlier indicates that the engine will cool faster.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
So this hot side vs cold side argument. Whats the point of it then? Personally i never looked into it too much. I always just used Reische in the past because its just what was good and available. I currently have your 160. Got it from beef with a package. Just trying to understand. Thanks!

Because from what was posted it seems using the wrong side thermostat is more of a con.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
So this hot side vs cold side argument. Whats the point of it then? Personally i never looked into it too much. I always just used Reische in the past because its just what was good and available. I currently have your 160. Got it from beef with a package. Just trying to understand. Thanks!

Because from what was posted it seems using the wrong side thermostat is more of a con.
Is there a specific question here outside of proposed conspiracy theory?
Sponsored