thermostat

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
you guys suggest a therm swap for a N/A 6spd on e85? normally my cylinder temp is between 205-210. Never really thought it was an issue. before this thread i never would have even thought about it. Thanks.
Ask Lund he usually suggests it.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
1. Non PP
2. Auto
3. From 210-215 to 185-190

Running distilled water and a bottle of water wetter instead of antifreeze.
That doesn't even count. Pure water and redline is entirely different.
you guys suggest a therm swap for a N/A 6spd on e85? normally my cylinder temp is between 205-210. Never really thought it was an issue. before this thread i never would have even thought about it. Thanks.
It should be done for anyone that has a tune.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That doesn't even count. Pure water and redline is entirely different.
Doesnt count for what? I have the luxury of living where it doesn't get below freezing so I threw it out there. Temps look to go down quicker while on the move.

If I didn't drag, I wouldn't have bothered though.

I bought the ngauge/tune/t-stat package from beefcake, BTW.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have the 170 stat in mine , fans have not been changed to come on sooner .. I can do it with my I2 but I'm not having any heat problems ... Mine stays at 194 to 198 in traffic ..Much better than the 2010 to 2016 I was seeing with the stock stat .. I'm not sure but looking at my data logs it shows the temps in the high 180s while the gauge on the dash shows 190s . My intake temps on the gauge shows 4 deg over out side air but again the data logs show it to be lower ... I'm thinking what we see on the dash gauge is reading higher than it really is ..

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Doesnt count for what? I have the luxury of living where it doesn't get below freezing so I threw it out there. Temps look to go down quicker while on the move.

If I didn't drag, I wouldn't have bothered though.

I bought the ngauge/tune/t-stat package from beefcake, BTW.
It doesn't count because it doesnt give an accurate representation of how good of a job the tstat alone is doing. Pure water alone drops temps a lot and adding water wetter, even more. I have the same luxury as you since its not a year round car for me. But it does nothing in helping others that want to know if the 160s do a good job compared to the 170.

Sponsored

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It doesn't count because it doesnt give an accurate representation of how good of a job the tstat alone is doing. Pure water alone drops temps a lot and adding water wetter, even more. I have the same luxury as you since its not a year round car for me. But it does nothing in helping others that want to know if the 160s do a good job compared to the 170.

Hey, maybe somebody can chime in if they're running water and redline with a 170 tstat for comparison. Not impossible.

You'd rather I didn't list that variable and skew any findings?

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Soooo, I'm gonna be sticking N/A on e85. No other big plans for the future, my head temps run about 205-210. Its mostly just street driving, no real major track plans for it. Should I get a 160 or 170? Thanks.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Soooo, I'm gonna be sticking N/A on e85. No other big plans for the future, my head temps run about 205-210. Its mostly just street driving, no real major track plans for it. Should I get a 160 or 170? Thanks.
Reische 170

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Hey, maybe somebody can chime in if they're running water and redline with a 170 tstat for comparison. Not impossible.

You'd rather I didn't list that variable and skew any findings?
not impossible at all. Of course im glad you mentioned the variable. But its not helpful to most people. These arent the added variables people are interested in right now. Anyone with a brain knows water alone can drop 10-20 degrees and another 10-15 with water wetter. From what i see your tstat isnt doing much of anything at all.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
any one know why beef switched from Reische 170 to even flo 160. Ordered the package yesterday was curious if the *10 t-stat change is a huge deal?

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Definitely. Until i see more 160s working better im starting to think the 170 works better for the time being. Kind of disappointed about some of thes 160 results compared to 170s. I just got the 160.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
not impossible at all. Of course im glad you mentioned the variable. But its not helpful to most people. These arent the added variables people are interested in right now. Anyone with a brain knows water alone can drop 10-20 degrees and another 10-15 with water wetter. From what i see your tstat isnt doing much of anything at all.
I had the water in before the tstat. The water and redline wasn't as impressive as I thought it would have been - about 6-7 degrees. Like i said I only use it because it's required at the strip.

The addition of the tstat definitely brought cylinder head temps down further. This is with ambient temps in the 90s and high humidity (SoFL). As usual, YMMV.

I'm pretty satisfied running both.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Definitely. Until i see more 160s working better im starting to think the 170 works better for the time being. Kind of disappointed about some of thes 160 results compared to 170s. I just got the 160.
trying to avoid swapping stat twice, as i'm sure you are too. Not fond of paying another $62 for a reische stat either. Don't see any reason why the 160 shouldn't work as good or better. Big deal for me since I live in the 7th ring of hell in the summer.

Last edited: