Not open for further replies.

Of Wolf and Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT
Install went well. I previously had a Lethal Performance bottle neck eliminator h-pipe, so I had to go to the store to get some additional 2 1/4 exhaust clamps. Besides that it fit up well with the stock exhaust. It sounds great! At little to no throttle it is quiet for going through the neighborhood at 11:30pm when I get home. On the highway going 70mph you can hear it, you know it is not the stock exhaust, but there is not the annoying vibrating resonance that is drone. On acceleration it has a great muscle car tone, deep and thunderous. I like it.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sounds awesome on your video! Great price too

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Damn I can't decide between the XV and Mach Thunder. The tone in the videos of the XV sounds amazing. Just wondering if it is loud enough.

The Mach Thunder video, I think it is overpowering the mic at some points and doesn't give a true representation of the sound. Think this would be TOO loud for a DD? I just worry it may get tiny/raspy at upper RPM.

Any help from guys that have these or have heard them in person would be greatly appreciated.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Solo, great sounding stuff you have. Just curious, any clips of your catbacks with aftermarket headers installed?

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Damn I can't decide between the XV and Mach Thunder. The tone in the videos of the XV sounds amazing. Just wondering if it is loud enough.

The Mach Thunder video, I think it is overpowering the mic at some points and doesn't give a true representation of the sound. Think this would be TOO loud for a DD? I just worry it may get tiny/raspy at upper RPM.

Any help from guys that have these or have heard them in person would be greatly appreciated.
I think it's personal preference, I myself drove both of them, then decided to keep the Mach XV, my friend (toplessfun here) did the same and opted for the Mach Thunder... both suit very well for a daily driver, the Mach Thunder was just a hair louder than my liking...

Note that the two exhausts are basically the same, the only difference is the muffler, so in worst case you need to replace only that piece (I'm sure Solo would find a solution for you in that case... ask Steve)

Last edited:

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Thanks for the reply coyote. I still can't decide haha

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Thanks for the reply coyote. I still can't decide haha
I would ask Steve if Solo had any policy of swapping the muffler to another type (11" or 18" Mach muffler or X-Pipe) if you didn't like the sound.

Otherwise, I would just get another muffler in that case. These mach mufflers cost anything between 149-249$ according to their website (http://solo-performance.com/mach-muffler-series) although I'm not sure which one is the 11" Mach XV and the 18" Mach-Thunder in this list. One nice thing of the Solo system is that upgrade is done by simple swapping the muffler/x-pipe, the rest of the system is the same for all 3 catbacks...

In the end you cannot go wrong with either the Mach XV or the Mach Thunder, both have excellent sound...

Last edited:

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
My Mach XV system delivered today. Looks amazing!

Now if only I had my car to install it on! :D
20151125_181723.jpg
20151125_181743.jpg

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I'm thinking XV the more I watch the videos.

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

The tone of both are fantastic…the Thunder has more volume on the outside and only slightly more on the inside. Neither of them get raspy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Solo, great sounding stuff you have. Just curious, any clips of your catbacks with aftermarket headers installed?
Unfortunately no…sorry about that. I would think headers would deepen the tone and add about 15-20% more volume depending whether or not there are high flow cats installed or if it's cat less altogether.

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would ask Steve if Solo had any policy of swapping the muffler to another type (11" or 18" Mach muffler or X-Pipe) if you didn't like the sound.

Otherwise, I would just get another muffler in that case. These mach mufflers cost anything between 149-249$ according to their website (http://solo-performance.com/mach-muffler-series) although I'm not sure which one is the 11" Mach XV and the 18" Mach-Thunder in this list. One nice thing of the Solo system is that upgrade is done by simple swapping the muffler/x-pipe, the rest of the system is the same for all 3 catbacks...

In the end you cannot go wrong with either the Mach XV or the Mach Thunder, both have excellent sound...
The systems are modular, so if you wanted it louder or quieter down the road, you can purchase the midsection only. The midsection would bolt right in place of the one you have now, but would have the different muffler.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think it's personal preference, I myself drove both of them, then decided to keep the Mach XV, my friend (toplessfun here) did the same and opted for the Mach Thunder... both suit very well for a daily driver, the Mach Thunder was just a hair louder than my liking...

Note that the two exhausts are basically the same, the only difference is the muffler, so in worst case you need to replace only that piece (I'm sure Solo would find a solution for you in that case... ask Steve)
I'm in the same place, having the same debate: Mach vs. Mach Thunder. I think I want to error to the quieter side - it's not a DD, but it's a cruiser, lots of family time, and it's also a convertible, so it's a little more prone to "sound intrusion".

Your post makes me think the Mach XV is the right choice, and if for some reason I want to get a little crazier later on, there's a simple, modular upgrade path.

:cheers:

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Even though the XV is the "quietest" it still is a good bit louder than stock correct?

If you throw a rev it is still pretty noticeable?

Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.