OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Even though the XV is the "quietest" it still is a good bit louder than stock correct?

If you throw a rev it is still pretty noticeable?

Thanks
Absolutely and for sure!
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I'm in the same place, having the same debate: Mach vs. Mach Thunder. I think I want to error to the quieter side - it's not a DD, but it's a cruiser, lots of family time, and it's also a convertible, so it's a little more prone to "sound intrusion".

Your post makes me think the Mach XV is the right choice, and if for some reason I want to get a little crazier later on, there's a simple, modular upgrade path.

:cheers:
I was in the same boat. My plan was to get headers first, and begin tweaking the exhaust to deepen and keep the volume in check (headers will increase.) I really like the sound in these video clips, then 20% off. On a whim, said F* it and ordered the XV. It is getting delivered today. We seemed to have the same concerns, so I'll let you know my thoughts once installed this weekend.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Let us know Jabrax. I'm 95% going with the XV but would love to hear your opinion after the install.

Edit: Just ordered.

Last edited:

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Just ordered the Mach Thunder. Was like many here and on the fence over the Thunder or Mach XV. Hope I got it right.

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Let us know Jabrax. I'm 95% going with the XV but would love to hear your opinion after the install.

Edit: Just ordered.
Curious to hear you thoughts as well. Going to do an full review soon and unload every thought I can think of good and bad if any. Definitely plenty of good :thumbsup:.

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
just finished installing my Mach XV. Install's pretty easy, adjustments on the tailpipes make it easy to get the tips where you want them. I've only went for a short drive (deer are crazy around here at night right now), but cruising town and one short run up to speed, I'm very happy. For those worried, it may be Solos quietest version, but its not quiet, it sounds really good. The muffler is can be seen in the other thread, and I'd call it a "glasspacked" X pipe, its open all the way through and you can see through it. You definitely hear this exhaust, but it seems to be totally liveable at highway speed. I hope to take a spin tomorrow in the daylight to get more of an impression.

OP
OP
goingsolo2

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for all of the support and feedback everyone!! Glad to hear everyone is happy! We hope you all fall in love with your car all over again!

Steve

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
from the trivial to the tragic

Well the resonator arrived a day early. A work of art! Too bad no one gets to see it, except mechanics.

I also ordered a Quickjack to make the install easier (and for future use, or course). Problem is...now I have to wait longer for the lift to arrive.

Ah well, not really a tough life, is it?

Truth be told. I am only writing this to get away from the tv reports of the horrible tragedy today in this city. 14 killed and 14 wounded!

And yet, the FedEx driver was out doing business as usual.

We have many blessings in this country, but we still need lots of prayer.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Well the resonator arrived a day early. A work of art! Too bad no one gets to see it, except mechanics.

I also ordered a Quickjack to make the install easier (and for future use, or course). Problem is...now I have to wait longer for the lift to arrive.

Truth be told. I am only writing this to get away from the tv reports of the horrible tragedy today in this city. 14 killed and 14 wounded!

Yeah it's a shame that beautifully polished muffler is hidden from view.

You get the BL-5000? Is it on sale anywhere now? I really want one

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's a shame that beautifully polished muffler is hidden from view.

You get the BL-5000? Is it on sale anywhere now? I really want one
Actually I ordered the BL-5000XL. The pads can be placed a few inches wider than the 5000. I got it with the black Friday $125 discount. They say free shipping, but actually you have to add back $135 for a tailgate residential delivery, unless you are a business with a loading dock.

7 to 10 days delivery, but I still haven't heard back and it has been 4 days already.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Actually I ordered the BL-5000XL. The pads can be placed a few inches wider than the 5000. I got it with the black Friday $125 discount. They say free shipping, but actually you have to add back $135 for a tailgate residential delivery, unless you are a business with a loading dock.

7 to 10 days delivery, but I still haven't heard back and it has been 4 days already.
Wow really? Didnt think it would be that big or heavy to deliver.

edit* Just looked and it is 230lbs so yeah pretty heavy

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Wow really? Didnt think it would be that big or heavy to deliver.

edit* Just looked and it is 230lbs so yeah pretty heavy
I tried to find a local retailer carrying it, but no luck.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

I am also in the area of the shooting, about 15 minutes away, and it is sad, but what is even sadder is that anyone with a brain could see it coming.

Having said that, I really like that jack, I wish I could afford one. Maybe I'll have to drive out to where you are and we can install our setups together :)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Does anyone how much Mach XV weighs vs. stock GT exhaust ? Is there any chance for discount as I understand group buy is long gone...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.