Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Geoff, the street exhaust sounds great! Deep, no drone, and fitment is spot on. That manifold looks sick!
thanks for the follow up Bomicino - glad you like your 3" exhaust as much as we do!

I'm very interested in more pics! This is what I have been waiting for all year!
I made some time tonite to sit down with a beer and write this update out - First of all, thank you to everyone who stopped by the BorgWarner and Ford SEMA booths to check out our latest projects. There's significant development in the pipeline and this is only a small portion of what I can publicly share right now. I honestly believe the S550 Mustang is the most exciting and promising platform available. I am grateful to work with a world-class team committed to ecoboost performance - the future is bright with these guys

EcoBoost Mustang 2.3L
: Our 3" V-band Downpipe and 3" Cat back exhaust were recently released and in stock now. Have heard excellent feedback from our customers, perfect fit and exhaust note

Full-Race is releasing (2) turbo kits in 2016:

B1-Frame Twinscroll: this kit will be designed to use the EFR7163, this is the most responsive and fastest spooling 60lb/hr (400-500hp) turbocharger from any manufacturer. 'time-to-torque' is a critical metric in making a car like this remain fun to drive and the 7163 is outstanding in this regard: full boost/tq in the early 3000rpms. Our kit design evolved considerably on the flow bench, tweaks to the runner aero have been implemented. The production manifold is ~12% higher flowing than the prototype manifolds up to this point. Compatible with stock and built bottom ends

B2-Frame Twinscroll
: this is a higher power kit using EFR8374 and EFR9180, it will come afterwards in Q2/Q3 2016. A built-engine with cyl head work is a serious consideration with this size. High power flowbench work is on-going and we are currently updating/optimizing the runner aero. Full spool around 4000rpm for the 8374 and 4400-4500 for the larger 9180

Huge progress on cylinder head development at HeadGames Motorworks. Many Cylinder heads were scrapped and many hours still must be spent on the flowbench (consulting with 2 of the brightest airflow experts Ive known). This is without question the most difficult and technically demanding cylinder head we've worked with in 18 years.

^JE Pistons new release I helped to create -- deleting the DI dome and converting to a flat top for higher compression, simple design taken from RYE. Teflon Coated asymmetric skirts for less weight and increased strength

^^Ford Racing released their ecobeast shortblock. I am not a believer in "block guards" or "cylinder supports" but was excited to see they are machining the block/sleeves/coolant passages to be stronger than stock

My long-time friend and formulaD Ford driver Justin Pawlak (aka JTP) recently built and prepped his S550 for SEMA debut and 2016 competition:

->EcoBoost F150 3.5L:

we released our complete line of bolt-on upgrades for the F150 ecoboost. Stock location turbochargers, and a comprehensive list of supporting mods from Aluminum radiator to off-road downpipes and everything in between. However, being SEMA we decided to display our twin EFR turbo kit that’s on my daily driver currently:

^^Ford Engineers stopped by 1st thing in the morning, before the show was even open (manager of Ford powertrain engineering R&D, Ph.D/P.Eng pictured here).

Our dual-injection system for the F150 was on display, some photos here:

707 Performance / Sarasota Ford and Galpin Autosports, both using our full F150 turbo upgrade kit, intercooler, downpipes, exhaust, intake on their beastmode F150s:

We're working with Vaughn Gittin jr and revolution automotive - to tune his 2015 F150 EcoBoost with our intercooler and F150 turbo upgrade kit. There are some great vids of the funhaver drifting with 4 people out in front of SEMA, with our intercooler and turbo kit (note he is sponsored by k&n thus can not use our intake):

in other recent news:

^^our man Fredric Aasbo won the Formula Drift Championships using our Full-Race twinscroll kit and off-the-shelf EFR8374 0.92 a/r

Long-time friends of Full-Race: Scott, Konsta and Garth in Australia won WTAC for the 3rd consecutive year using an off-the-shelf twinscroll EFR9180

there's a lot more but im done typing for now. thanks for reading

Last edited:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Great read. Great accomplishments.

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Can't wait until you are back with the new stuff. Can you grab me a aluminator or ecobeast while there? Lol think I'm going to need it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
thanks guys! cm581978 - pm me your email address and ill send a link to the soundclips we have now. will work on the legit video to be online before december

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Hi Geoff

quick question, in the first pic of 2.3L on stand , the wastegate looks odd , looks like flap is blocking outlet flow but it has lower smaller outlet like external WG .
Maybe its camera angle but can you give more detail on it .
Also is that the B1 or B2 turbo .

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Hi Geoff

quick question, in the first pic of 2.3L on stand , the wastegate looks odd , looks like flap is blocking outlet flow but it has lower smaller outlet like external WG .
Maybe its camera angle but can you give more detail on it .
Also is that the B1 or B2 turbo .
It's not, it's internally gated so space is limited.

The pipe below is actually the intercooler up front. The picture is deceiving.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
It's not, it's internally gated so space is limited.

The pipe below is actually the intercooler up front. The picture is deceiving.
Thanks Anthony , yeh, duh should of seen the IC , it just looked weird but I am sure its angle/pic .

Thanks

Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Geoff, can the 7670 be used in place of the 7163? if so, what kind of rpm for spool?

Last edited:

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Full-Race intercoolers, downpipes, exhausts, intakes. in stock and on blowout sale pricing. email [email protected] or call us at 602-437-2101

this week is a good time to pick up black friday discounts. Cobb Tuning is currently selling accessports for $450 on their website

EFR7670 is a B2 frame turbo, similar to 9174, etc. that will need the 2nd gen kit to fit the large frame stuff

exhaust

video

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this stuff looks awesome. I would love to see a v6tt swap from the f150 into a mustang. I might trade my V8 if they offer it in a couple years.
Sponsored