Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Agreed.

I would also point out to you whatever motor trend was trying to imply is... you guessed it... subjective as well.

"almost every time".

You see. I'm not there to say how much this is embellished. The only thing I base it off of is my 68 (and other very nice looking new model and classic cars I have owned in my lifetime).

And I can say from first hand experience from the sounds of what you are trying to say is it does not jibe with my own real world experience and there is NO WAY you or anybody else will convince me that some gen 5 camaro is getting as many compliments as my 68. No way no how.
No. But you did write you are "constanly getting compliments". Makes is sound like ever where you go people are falling all over some gen 5 camaro like people have never seen one before.

Now. I you where driving my mustang, then... yeah. You can embellish a bit but as previous written I don't even get compliments every time I take here out at stop signs and the post office and the grocery store etc. etc.

Just sound fishy to me.

8 OUT OF 10 TIMES!!?! :eyebulge:

Lol.

Guess it's time for me to sell my 68 and keep a clean 13 camaro that people see day in and day out amongst the thousands of others! lol.
You're going to get a lot of attention because you don't see a 68 everyday haha. You see 10 5th gen Camaros and Mutangs every time you leave the house.
Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
You're going to get a lot of attention because you don't see a 68 everyday haha. You see 10 5th gen Camaros and Mutangs every time you leave the house.
Precisely what I'm pointing out here.

I'm not "constantly getting comments wherever I go" in my 68 so just how in the world am I supposed to believe a gen 5 camaro among THOUSANDS of others you see on a daily basis that people are heaping such praise on it? :hail:

Ipso facto somebody's seriously embellishing stories...

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
true as F.
these cars are attention grabbers. I have found random people and kids snapping photos at or with my s550 on parking lots, and whenever a 5th gen SS passes by a whole lot of heads turn no matter where you are. I, at the risk of getting my head cut off once again, dare say that some of these modern models are better looking than their classic counterparts. But..when you see a pristine one from the 60s you immediately turn, not because you may think its the most beautiful car youve ever seen, but because its a rare sight.
Another thing I just CANT WAIT to see is how their 2 liter turbo does...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Agreed.

I would also point out to you whatever motor trend was trying to imply is... you guessed it... subjective as well.

"almost every time".

You see. I'm not there to say how much this is embellished. The only thing I base it off of is my 68 (and other very nice looking new model and classic cars I have owned in my lifetime).

And I can say from first hand experience from the sounds of what you are trying to say is it does not jibe with my own real world experience and there is NO WAY you or anybody else will convince me that some gen 5 camaro is getting as many compliments as my 68. No way no how.
No. But you did write you are "constanly getting compliments". Makes is sound like ever where you go people are falling all over some gen 5 camaro like people have never seen one before.

Now. I you where driving my mustang, then... yeah. You can embellish a bit but as previous written I don't even get compliments every time I take here out at stop signs and the post office and the grocery store etc. etc.

Just sound fishy to me.

8 OUT OF 10 TIMES!!?! :eyebulge:

Lol.

Guess it's time for me to sell my 68 and keep a clean 13 camaro that people see day in and day out amongst the thousands of others! lol.
Exactly. Not to mention, he lives in a small town in NH. Must be the same person following that yellow vert around giving him that compliment at every turn:ford:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just came back from Orange County auto show and they had the new camaro 2ss. After looking at it closely is nothing special. The brakes are very small specially with the 20" wheels. The interior looks very nice but nothing worth trading up the mustang for.

Btw, the guy that was running the Lexus line was telling me that rc f is faster than the new m5. I looked at him and just smiled.

Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Exactly. Not to mention, he lives in a small town in NH. Must be the same person following that yellow vert around giving him that compliment at every turn:ford:
lol.

You know it just dawned on me. Can't say why I didn't think of it before. My neighbor owns a Red SS that I have been in numerous times. And I don't remember once anybody complimenting his car. And I certainly don't remember "wherever we go we were constantly getting compliments". And he keeps it spotless. I have no reservations I would remember people heaping praise on his car.

Now I must admit fully that this wasn't something that I was trying to be aware of at any time and this comes strictly from the fact we are now talking about this. So the next time(s) we go out it will be something that I'll have to watch out for...

Last edited:

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
For any new viewers, here's a recap of this thread and some previous, now locked threads:
1)mag tests put base GT around 3705 and loaded around 3850
2)pill doesn't believe these weights ar accurate. Instead believes there are some sub 3700 GTs out there because some members have weighed in in the 36xx range
3)Mags weigh ats-v tp at 3750+ and some other models at 3800
- as a result of these mag test weights, pill speculates that ATS-V must weigh 3800+ in base form. This speculation turns out to be correct.
4) using ATS-V as a base, deduces that camaro cannot have lost 200lbs and must weigh 3780.
5) camaro comes out. Mags weigh base SS in high 3680-3700. And 2ss around 3760
6)pill ignores these mag test weights for SS. Instead thinks ATS is a better measurement of the camaro weights. Only the ATS-V test weights are accurate. GT weights are over inflated, SS are underinflated.
7)If you believe GM, you are getting buttf*cked.
Theres been alot more info then just this in all these threads, but this is one of the few things Pill didnt get on the mark and the 3 or 4 GM fanboys have been jumping all over. Its the same few in each thread. Let it go already its making the bunch of you look like kids.

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
This new camaro is really impressive . I like the big screen where the gauges are and the steering wheel. Kinda looks like a Mercedes on the inside. I also like the v6. 28,000 for a car with 355 hp and 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. I will have to give it to Chevy for this one. I love my ecoboost don't get me wrong, but it will cost a lot of $ to get a 0-60 time of 5.0 seconds or under...

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
But also motor trend is always bias to the mustang and will favor the camaro in any way with their YouTube videos

Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
OMG ill never see that center+shifter the same again now that youve said it
same thing once someone said "toiletBowl".

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
gotta be the worse place to put the vents, looks like sweaty hands anytime you use the heater

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I can't wait for the new slowmaros (JK only idiots make up names like that). But for reals, it'll be so cool seeing the rival camaros out and about on the streets

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
Well, all I can say is that here in Germany it rare to see any of these cars here, but if you do it is either a Mustang, corvette or a Challenger (in that order). Camaros are extremely rare. It will be a tough fight for Ford over here against all the German made sports cars. Especially if they don't get the panel alignment issue straightened out, pun intended....

Hecarim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well, all I can say is that here in Germany it rare to see any of these cars here, but if you do it is either a Mustang, corvette or a Challenger (in that order). Camaros are extremely rare. It will be a tough fight for Ford over here against all the German made sports cars. Especially if they don't get the panel alignment issue straightened out, pun intended....
At least in the Ruhr Area I see more Camaros.
In order I would say: Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Challenger.
But all of them are quite rare, wonder how that'll change, now that the Mustang is officially available here, too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.