Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I can't wait to test drive the vert...

I'll still stay with Mustang, I'm sure... I'm in the competition is great category.
Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
Its amusing that the discussion about this is more lively on Mustang6 then Camaro6.
Even their own community isnt hyped up much about this car. GM should have let the exterior stylists get a little more creative with the new platform instead of cloning the 5thgen.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
Why even bother ZaneWayne? You know the haters will call BS regardless how legit of a video you make. The typical fall back would also be "LOL it's soo ugly!?!"

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Why even bother ZaneWayne? You know the haters will call BS regardless how legit of a video you make. The typical fall back would also be "LOL it's soo ugly!?!"
Because there are legitimate car guys on this website that aren't like thePill that deserve it. Him admitting that he is a farse would be totally worth it. But like I said, he won't do it because he knows he has no hope.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Its amusing that the discussion about this is more lively on Mustang6 then Camaro6.
Even their own community isnt hyped up much about this car. GM should have let the exterior stylists get a little more creative with the new platform instead of cloning the 5thgen.

That's because we give better fight that why GM fanboys come here for info. Over there we get banned just for saying MUSTANG

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
Zane for someone who hates Pill so much, your post history shows your his biggest fan and have created more conversation for him then most this forums members. Right or wrong, his speculation has created a trove of info that has proven accurate. For the few things hes gotten wrong about theres a ton of info he was right about long before it was GM official. ATS weights were one i knew was off cuz the ATS i compared when i almost bought one was already near 3700 and it wasnt even a V.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Zane for someone who hates Pill so much, your post history shows your his biggest fan and have created more conversation for him then most this forums members. Right or wrong, his speculation has created a trove of info that has proven accurate. For the few things hes gotten wrong about theres a ton of info he was right about long before it was GM official. ATS weights were one i knew was off cuz the ATS i compared when i almost bought one was already near 3700 and it wasnt even a V.
I do not hate Pill at all! I enjoy arguing with him!

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
For any new viewers, here's a recap of this thread and some previous, now locked threads:
1)mag tests put base GT around 3705 and loaded around 3850
2)pill doesn't believe these weights ar accurate. Instead believes there are some sub 3700 GTs out there because some members have weighed in in the 36xx range
3)Mags weigh ats-v tp at 3750+ and some other models at 3800
- as a result of these mag test weights, pill speculates that ATS-V must weigh 3800+ in base form. This speculation turns out to be correct.
4) using ATS-V as a base, deduces that camaro cannot have lost 200lbs and must weigh 3780.
5) camaro comes out. Mags weigh base SS in high 3680-3700. And 2ss around 3760
6)pill ignores these mag test weights for SS. Instead thinks ATS is a better measurement of the camaro weights. Only the ATS-V test weights are accurate. GT weights are over inflated, SS are underinflated.
7)If you believe GM, you are getting buttf*cked.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
For any new viewers, here's a recap of this thread and some previous, now locked threads:
2)pill doesn't believe these weights ar accurate. Instead believes there are some sub 3700 GTs out there because some members have weighed in in the 36xx range
- as a result of these mag test weights, pill speculates that ATS-V must weigh 3800+ in base form. This speculation turns out to be correct.
4) using ATS-V as a base, deduces that camaro cannot have lost 200lbs and must weigh 3780.
6)pill ignores these mag test weights for SS. Instead thinks ATS is a better measurement of the camaro weights. Only the ATS-V test weights are accurate. GT weights are over inflated, SS are underinflated.
:cheers:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
:lol::lol:
Wait i saw 3670 lbs for camaro ss in one of those tests! Pill is Pill lets leave it at that!

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I can't believe that I've read through 30+ pages of this thread over the last 2 days. This is ridiculous. Entertaining, but ridiculous that men argue about such things on the internet. Please continue... I have to work tomorrow and an looking forward to the banter.

I kinda want a new Camaro and certainly would like it to be as light as possible, but at the same time I am almost hoping it's heavier than expected just so I can come read the flame war that will errupt if it does. It would be legendary.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I believe what he is saying is that people like the way the Camaro looks. And people like the way the Mustang looks. On the flip side, some people think their ugly. Looks are in the eye of the beholder. What motortrend was saying is that the new Camaro is just more in your face, look at me.
Agreed.

I would also point out to you whatever motor trend was trying to imply is... you guessed it... subjective as well.
PS: My mother had a 2010 Camaro and she gets complimented almost every time she takes it out. Just because some people don't enjoy the 5th or 6th gen styling doesn't mean massive amounts of people don't.
"almost every time".

You see. I'm not there to say how much this is embellished. The only thing I base it off of is my 68 (and other very nice looking new model and classic cars I have owned in my lifetime).

And I can say from first hand experience from the sounds of what you are trying to say is it does not jibe with my own real world experience and there is NO WAY you or anybody else will convince me that some gen 5 camaro is getting as many compliments as my 68. No way no how.
Why is so hard to believe? Did I say every stop light, or every time I'm at dinner or so on?
No. But you did write you are "constanly getting compliments". Makes is sound like ever where you go people are falling all over some gen 5 camaro like people have never seen one before.

Now. I you where driving my mustang, then... yeah. You can embellish a bit but as previous written I don't even get compliments every time I take here out at stop signs and the post office and the grocery store etc. etc.

Just sound fishy to me.
But yes we do get a lot, but I keep my car very clean and it sounds great with the NPP, so people can hear me coming. And if people are around when we come in or are leaving, 8 out of 10 times we get some kind of acknowledgement.:cheers:
8 OUT OF 10 TIMES!!?! :eyebulge:

Lol.

Guess it's time for me to sell my 68 and keep a clean 13 camaro that people see day in and day out amongst the thousands of others! lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.