Sponsored

frs or ecoboost?

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Yes. Love my ecoboost. I will be upgrading as soon as there is a twin turbo v6 ecoboost available. 6 turbos sound so much better.
That's only IF Ford releases a twin turbo 6 for this car.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was on the fence between the FRS and the V6.

In the end, to drive the FR-S in the manner that it needs to be massive amounts of fun involves pretty much a track only, to swing out the back end. Car is built for drifting... Can't really drive like that on public roads, especially in America where most roads are straight.

Both are good cars. If I was in Europe I would swing more to the FR-S.. The size of the S550 doesn't work so well on those narrow roads.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I was on the fence between the FRS and the V6.

In the end, to drive the FR-S in the manner that it needs to be massive amounts of fun involves pretty much a track only, to swing out the back end. Car is built for drifting... Can't really drive like that on public roads, especially in America where most roads are straight.

Both are good cars. If I was in Europe I would swing more to the FR-S.. The size of the S550 doesn't work so well on those narrow roads.
I live in Europe and have no problem with the s550. FRS is an even worse choice here. The 200 hp and frankly scary ride on unlimited Autobahns makes it useless. They get pushed around by everything here. I can imagine all the owner's saying "my car handles better" as they get pulled by a Ford s-max diesel minivan.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I saw this earlier

And while it's not my style, wonder why my friend would want a car he would NEED to turbo as his first tuner vs something already turbo'd and infinitely more practical (I would push him to a Ecostang, but I wanna some rivialry between us :p)

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I live in Europe and have no problem with the s550. FRS is an even worse choice here. The 200 no and frankly scary ride on unlimited Autobahns makes it useless. They get pushed around by everything here. I can imagine all the owner's saying "my car handles better" as they get pulled by a Ford s-max diesel minivan.
Yes, but you live in Germany. I was born and raised in England in the countryside... The roads are really narrow, same with places like Italy. Peoples cars are half the size in the UK as they are out here in L.A.

The very first thing I noticed when I moved here is just how massive everybody's car is.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
What sealed the deal between the two for me was the track guys who had owned the BRZ/FRS for awhile. They wanted more grip, so on went the R-Comps, which then overwhelmed the brakes and suspension, so BBK's and Coilovers. Then the body wasn't stiff enough, and they didn't have enough power, so cages and stiffening and turbo/supercharger kits. And all of a sudden you could have had an m3 or C6 Zo6.

All I've done to my eco is cheap basic bolt ons and track pads.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yes, but you live in Germany. I was born and raised in England in the countryside... The roads are really narrow, same with places like Italy. Peoples cars are half the size in the UK as they are out here in L.A.

The very first thing I noticed when I moved here is just how massive everybody's car is.
I hagree with you on that point, Driving my Supra in England was scary.

I think the FRS is good in any county with tight roads and low speed limits, like Japan or England

Last edited:

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
In the UK the GT86 is about 10k£ cheaper than the EB. I still prefer the Mustang.

Looks not bad but it is not for me...

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Cheapest I could find an FRS was 26k got my EBM for 24k so not even a contest.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i test drove my friends brand new frs before i got the mustang, its not a bad car at all but the inside compared to the mustang isnt exactly a shining example of awesomeness. The outside looks pretty good imo, they did a good job with it i think. The power is odd, feels like it doesnt want to go anywhere until you get up to speed, meanwhile the mustang feels like its saying " cant we go faster please?" all the time.

tune + some aftermarket parts, mustang is a monster.

gotta buy a turbo for the frs imo.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If there is no V8 Mustang then I won't buy a Mustang.

Arschloch
Your V8 looks like ass. Take those stripes off and stop making DIB look bad.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
whats up with all this gt vs eco crap going on on this forum? wasnt like that when i used to frequent it months back..
Sponsored