R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
:dnftt: Thank you for contributing nothing but your elitism to the thread
If there is no V8 Mustang then I won't buy a Mustang.

Arschloch

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
A used FRS would make a great

"beater car." A new Turbo Stang is a little to nice for me to treat harshly. You could mod the FRS and beat the sh!t out of it. It would be lots of fun.

Dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I've driven a BRZ Limited a bit (same car with more options) and I was actually considering one when I bought my GT - but the question was, originally, FR-S/BRZ vs. Ecoboost. This is a DD for me, I have another "toy" car but I wanted something fun for a DD.

I picked the Ecoboost, but then the whole 0%/72 thing happened and I could get the GT for the same payment so I got the GT, because... Well, why not?

My impression of the BRZ is it's pretty awful around town (lot of people almost hit me daily, it rides really rough, underpowered/torqueless) and also pretty awful on the highway (no passing power, bounces around a lot). The exhaust note is awful and uninspiring, the car doesn't really pull on the top end like you'd want it to, either. It does one thing: Corners.

So if you are willing to put up with a little weed wacker piece of shit bouncing all over the road and running the piss out of it to keep up with soccer moms in minivans for that one awesome off-ramp on the way home, get the BRZ. If you want a car you can probably live with a lot easier that is still no slouch on off-ramps, Ecoboost.

Sponsored

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Everyone mentions the FRs handling. Problem is, it doesn't handle that great. I've never been in a car that wanted to flip it's tail out worse than that car. It's fun but it's not my idea of great handling! It has no power at all. It's got a craptastic interior. It is a nice looking little car. So I guess exterior styling is a strong point?

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Ironically the Ecoboost PP pulls higher Gs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
If there is no V8 Mustang then I won't buy a Mustang.

Arschloch
So you come on a thread called "FRS or Ecoboost " and start with your V8 or nothing vs and I'm the Arschloch? Interesting!

I answered that I would buy neither, which is 100% on topic
Nope 100% off topic. Thread was not called " FRS or Ecoboost or neither V8 rulez"
It's obvious you are too closed minded to have ever driven either the EBM or FRS, so you have nothing of value to add here.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope 100% off topic. Thread was not called " FRS or Ecoboost or neither V8 rulez"
It's obvious you are too closed minded to have ever driven either the EBM or FRS, so you have nothing of value to add here.
I don't know why people bring this up. It's well known by now.:D:D:D

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I actually cross shopped a BRZ. I ended up choosing the EB(obv) because it's a more complete package.

The BRZ is more of a fun drivers car especially at low speeds but the Mustang just offers more for the money. The interior of the Mustang is a much nicer place to spend time in, there's slightly more trunk space and theoretically on the highway it gets better milage. I have a hard time keeping my foot off the throttle so that one hasn't happened yet. I also think the s550 is a much nicer car to look at even though it's a decent amount larger than the BRZ and I've always been a fan of small cars.
Sponsored