Sponsored

2015 GT350 a steal at 195,330 (Not Pesos)

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Makes my 77k for a full loaded R look like a steal.
This is similar to Hellcat stupidity. I have had mine ordered at msrp since January 13th the first day they allowed charger orders. Still nothing but a Von. Due to that dealers asking 100k plus for ones on lots and clearly many folks buying them.
This is another problem, if people didn't buy overpriced cars, stuff like that wouldn't happen. But we (as a society) let that happen by buying them. I don't understand why is it like that, it's like some of those buyers lose their thinking for the time they're buying that car. And what is even worst is that it's the only time this car has been worth this much, it's not going back up to that value again.
Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This is another problem, if people didn't buy overpriced cars, stuff like that wouldn't happen. But we (as a society) let that happen by buying them. I don't understand why is it like that, it's like some of those buyers lose their thinking for the time they're buying that car. And what is even worst is that it's the only time this car has been worth this much, it's not going back up to that value again.
Its all relevant to how much disposable income or money people have.
I was fortunate and paid MSRP or likely would not have got one.
But If I had a few million in the bank, 10,000 over for something I really wanted is not a big deal.

I have a friend who has 4-500k worth of toys in his garage.
If he decided he want one of these, 10-20 k is not big money.
As I said its all relevant, for those of us who are normal or average incomes.
that 5,10,20k matters.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder what is the out of state pricing, since the price listed is for Washington residents only :D. I don't think that they want to keep them, they just want to make insane profit. A dealership has no point of keeping its cars because it's only a loss to them (not only they don't get money back for the cars, but also it's storing them, etc.).
A dealership has lots of reasons for keeping cars:
  1. The owner of the dealership has all the same reasons you have for wanting a car. I won't try to list them here.
  2. The dealership might also think that having a rare, desirable car might generate more traffic for the dealership and sell more of the bland, everyday cars that most of their customers buy.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
These are the types of dealerships I write directly to Ford about.

I remind them that there are other auto makers that will have my business if this is what Ford continues to allow. To build a kick azz car that competes with the finest is one thing, but to allow dealers to price it beyond all hopes of ever owning one is disgusting at best. Making a nice profit is one thing, price gouging is another. :tsk:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

I remind them that there are other auto makers that will have my business if this is what Ford continues to allow. To build a kick azz car that competes with the finest is one thing, but to allow dealers to price it beyond all hopes of ever owning one is disgusting at best. Making a nice profit is one thing, price gouging is another. :tsk:
I don't agree with any of this either and can certainly understand where you are coming from.

Having said that just look at what many Ford customers are doing with the 2005/2006 Ford GT's many of which were bought by them at MSRP based on preferred relationships with Ford and/or their local dealership.

As we all know many of these cars are being sold for a profit of $300,000 plus or triple what they paid for them and yet I don't hear too many of us Ford enthusiasts complaining about what many of these Ford customers are doing?

Again, don't get me wrong what this dealership is doing is not right but on the other side of the fence many Ford customers are doing exactly the same thing as what this dealership is doing.

:cheers:

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
This is what could have happened to the Ford GT next year. But Ford has come up with a new plan. Offer the GT to the must loyal customers from the past. Then let the customer decide on the dealership. More details in the first quarter of 2016. Ford GT @ MSRP sounds good to me. ............................
Very few 05-06 ford GT's were ever sold @ MSRP. But let's say some one bought one for MSRP $166k + tax =$177K. Now add insurance for 10 years. $187K. ( no parts or labor cost)
$187K@ 4.75% for 10 years = $300K.
That's not a good return on your investments. Most people paid way over MSRP back in 2005 so they made even less. Like 3.5% on their money.
The 2006 gulf heritage Ford GT with no miles is very limited and yes did better .
If you bought Ford stock back in 2009 your $187K would be worth over $1.4 Mill today.

Last edited:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor

And Ford will tell you to pound sand. If you want to pay less, just wait.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This is what could have happened to the Ford GT next year. But Ford has come up with a new plan. Offer the GT to the must loyal customers from the past. Then let the customer decide on the dealership. More details in the first quarter of 2016. Ford GT @ MSRP sounds good to me. ............................
Very few 05-06 ford GT's were ever sold @ MSRP. But let's say some one bought one for MSRP $166k + tax =$177K. Now add insurance for 10 years. $187K. ( no parts or labor cost)
$187K@ 4.75% for 10 years = $300K.
That's not a good return on your investments. Most people paid way over MSRP back in 2005 so they made even less. Like 3.5% on their money.
The 2006 gulf heritage Ford GT with no miles is very limited and yes did better .
If you bought Ford stock back in 2009 your $187K would be worth over $1.4 Mill today.
Any interested party that wants a 2017 Ford GT does not have to wait until early 2016 in order to understand the allocation details for the 250 cars being built. Just phone your local Ford dealership and they should have received a memorandum a few weeks ago regarding the allocation process for the 2017 Ford GT.

Not here to suggest whether the Ford GT's were good investments or not but we have to keep in mind that any of the sellers that are making $300,000 on these cars are doing so tax free unlike purchasing shares in the open market.

As far as these cars selling for MSRP or above, I was in the market for a 2005 model and what I found was that the 2005 was above MSRP with the 2006 cars being priced much more to MSRP. I should have jumped on a 2006 Heritage Edition but did not.

Ford had originally planned to build 4500 Ford GT's over the 2 year run and once they saw that they were not going to reach that production level they started to send some 2006 cars to Europe and sent at least 200 additional cars to Canada thus the 2006 cars were more affordable including the 343 Heritage Edition cars.

At between $400K to $500K with all options for the 2017 Ford GT supercar it will be interesting to see how many people actually put their name on a list for Ford to ponder?

:cheers:

Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Do you think owning nothing but Ford's for 25+ years would be enough to get and allocation for one of the Ford GTs? Also, because it is much more rare that the 05-06 is the possibility of it going way up in value more likely than the previous model?

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
A car is never an investment. There was never any guarantee that the the 2005 Ford GT was ever going to be worth what it's going for now. There's no guarantee that the GT350 will ever be worth more than MSRP.

There's no such thing as "return on investment" in a car - the market is fickle and trendy same as any other commodity market. If you miss your window you're not going to get any money comparatively and there's no promise that there will ever be a window for any car that was anything but a trailer queen or driven by someone famous.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A car is never an investment. There was never any guarantee that the the 2005 Ford GT was ever going to be worth what it's going for now. There's no guarantee that the GT350 will ever be worth more than MSRP.

There's no such thing as "return on investment" in a car - the market is fickle and trendy same as any other commodity market. If you miss your window you're not going to get any money comparatively and there's no promise that there will ever be a window for any car that was anything but a trailer queen or driven by someone famous.
I don't necessarily fully agree with that in that it doesn't need to be a trailer queen to be valuable in 50 years.

Today I saw a 1969 Corvette L88 go for $800k on Barrett Jackson. Original and had 13k miles which is rather high for original not restored. It def wasn't a trailer queen.

Chevy built 169 in 1969. So its very possible a 2015 GT350 could be worth something in 50 years only building so few 2015s- 100 and 50 Rs. Or it could be worth nothing. It's up to the buyer to determine that risk.

It's a bit old seeing high ADM threads and people concerned what others spend their money on.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I don't necessarily fully agree with that in that it doesn't need to be a trailer queen to be valuable in 50 years.

Today I saw a 1969 Corvette L88 go for $800k on Barrett Jackson. Original and had 13k miles which is rather high for original not restored. It def wasn't a trailer queen.

Chevy built 169 in 1969. So its very possible a 2015 GT350 could be worth something in 50 years only building so few 2015s- 100 and 50 Rs. Or it could be worth nothing. It's up to the buyer to determine that risk.

It's a bit old seeing high ADM threads and people concerned what others spend their money on.
So basically what you're saying is, in order to have an already rare machine be as valuable as that was, you'd have to wait 46 years while driving it less during every one of those years than an average number of miles driven in one year for the typical American. Apparently right now the market is hot for that model year of corvettes - 5 years ago it might not have been, next year it might not be.

Yeah, a 2015 that is not driven might be worth something, sometimes, somewhere, to someone at some other point in history where the rest of the GT350s have been all wrapped around telephone poles or banged into track walls, or any number of other rare contingencies. But counting on that is insane. It's possible, but it's also possible that tomorrow morning I wake up next to Giselle, and probably just as realistic.

In 50 years - regular gas might well be a boutique item at 8-10 dollars a gallon. Then what happens to the market?

Again: It's nuts to think of a GT350 as an investment.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
hmmm 50 years, well i will be dead!!! So if I buy and don't drive it, take great care
of, someone might make big money on my dream car when I am dead.

Well I got some bad news for whoever that is,
great if they can make money on it when I am dead.
In the mean time I will enjoy driving it, every chance I get :)
13,000 miles when I am dead, not a chance in hell.
Sponsored