2015 Ecoboost recall regarding lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10A
Hi just a quick question. Just found out from safercar.gov that my mustang is one of them with the fuel leak. so i was wondering if its possible to end my lease early due to recall? Really want the purchase the GT model.
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Hi just a quick question. Just found out from safercar.gov that my mustang is one of them with the fuel leak. so i was wondering if its possible to end my lease early due to recall? Really want the purchase the GT model.
Your lease obligation is in no way changed by the existence of a recall; sorry! That said, your lease does have a "payoff" just like a regular loan, so you could trade it in just like anyone else. However, your payoff is likely higher than your car's trade-in value, unless you put a large amount of cash down and/or had a trade-in with a fair amount of equity.

OP
OP

Qyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10A
Your lease obligation is in no way changed by the existence of a recall; sorry! That said, your lease does have a "payoff" just like a regular loan, so you could trade it in just like anyone else. However, your payoff is likely higher than your car's trade-in value, unless you put a large amount of cash down and/or had a trade-in with a fair amount of equity.
damn. Gotta do the payoff route then, but only put 1k down and no trade in. only hope is my car market value is higher than usual.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Fuel leak? I thought it was some heat shielding they need to add to protect fuel line from long term damage possibly leading to a failure.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
don't get the recall performed then when it catches fire your insurance will pay off the lease

m6pwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pkg,Recaros
Use http://www.swapalease.com to get someone to assume your lease. Very, very easy to do if you got a good deal on your lease (in other words have an attractive monthly payment). Many people prefer to lease. Have used it myself many times to have someone assume my lease and it's painless.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.