Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
I've tried it all and the turbo doesn't seem to be holding boost like there is a leak somewhere but I can't seem to find anything out of the norm. I've checked all the hoses multiple times. :frusty:
Only way to tell is to do a 0-60 test run or put it on a dyno... or check the A/F ratio etc.

Since the but dyno isn't the most accurate dyno
Sponsored

Reactions: S7N
OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Only way to tell is to do a 0-60 test run or put it on a dyno... or check the A/F ratio etc.

Since the but dyno isn't the most accurate dyno
On the digital gauge for the air/fuel mixture it reads 14.1 and when decelerating goes to 20 and vice versa. Temps look good to.

bay584 I hope you get this issue resolved @S7N!
Thanks me to! :cheers:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That sounds right. Easiest way to tell if there is a leak is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them do a smoke test to see if they find a leak.

Only other thing I can think of is make sure you're not just stomping it before the car is up to normal operating temp and somehow putting it in a limp mode

Reactions: S7N
OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
That sounds right. Easiest way to tell if there is a leak is to take it to an exhaust shop and have them do a smoke test to see if they find a leak.

Only other thing I can think of is make sure you're not just stomping it before the car is up to normal operating temp and somehow putting it in a limp mode
That's not an issue I always warm my car up about 5 min before I head off to work. :thumbsup:

It's like it won't even start hitting boost till I'm damn near 4500 rpm and it's in maybe the 3-4 range. Could a faulty wast gate cause this?

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
At the dealership and Just got done riding with the mechanic who services the car when it was traded. Found out they replaced the turbo before I bought it because it was overboosting he said like 23psi.

Car seems OK for now.

Forgot to mention I got it recorded on my Dash Cam also.
Sponsored

Last edited: