Sponsored

2016 Mustang California Special Teased [UPDATE: First Glimpse of 2016 Mustang!]

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Still not a fan. I guess if you were around in the 60s its more nostalgic.
I was around in the 60s and I'm not a fan of this styling cue. I want my heat extractors to extract hot underhood air, not remind me that my turn signal is still on.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree, not a fan. I hope it is only for the CS and not for all 2016s. I hope to order a 2016. Not a fan of the CS's anyways. Just don't care for the looks.
One thing I want to point out, the CA specials of the past have had stripes down the side, not on the hood.

This video of the signal vents clearly has a hood stripe which makes me believe this is possibly just the new hood on the GT with a optional hood stripe option.

Hood/roof stripe packages were confirmed a while back.

If you wikipedia the CA Special Mustangs, you'll probably get a good idea what will be coming on the '16 CA Special.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I was around in the 60s and I'm not a fan of this styling cue. I want my heat extractors to extract hot underhood air, not remind me that my turn signal is still on.
Looks like this new one will do both. I like.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'm not really a fan of them either but if someone wants them more power to them. Just looks like a small amount of extra added weight. I'd like to see lighter parts starting to pop up. Maybe we will start to see some of those. Should be interesting though to see what the CS will offer on the 11th.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
If they offer the glass roof on the 16's, I'll cancel my order for the '15 and wait. Word is, they won't.
IIRC, someone from Ford mentioned (or didn't - being coy perhaps) something about a glass roof for future models. Now how future is it? 2016...2017? Who knows?

I would be in the same boat as you, but I just chose to not order a 2015. I'd probably get mine without much summer left this year anyway, so I figured I'd get a 2016 or 2017 when I order for next spring/summer.

When I first caught wind of the GT/CS package coming back for 2016, I knew I had to wait. The glass roof would just be icing on that cake. :)

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:ford:
2016-ford-mustang-hood-turn-signal.jpg

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Nice...that hood vent/extractor looks WAAAAY lower on the hood...not sure if they are but it optically looks lower. We also know now that those are hood scoop stripes.

OK spill the beans...is this on the '16 GT or only the CA special Topnotch?

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Not sure what all the boners are about here, it's just a damn blinker. Also, given the location I wouldn't be surprised to see these fail prematurely. To each his own I guess but I'll stick with the flashing lights on the dash, they do just fine :lol:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not sure what all the boners are about here, it's just a damn blinker. Also, given the location I wouldn't be surprised to see these fail prematurely. To each his own I guess but I'll stick with the flashing lights on the dash, they do just fine :lol:
To some, it's the little things that make the bigger picture. These are very cool addition to a lot of us and just add another element to an already awesome purchase upcoming. :)

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The scoops are lower down due to the new electrical wiring and housing for the turn signals. Its a nice idea to change up the styling cues. That hood with black scoops looks MACH 1 ,not CS.................:headbang::ford:

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Nice...that hood vent/extractor looks WAAAAY lower on the hood...not sure if they are but it optically looks lower. We also know now that those are hood scoop stripes.

OK spill the beans...is this on the '16 GT or only the CA special Topnotch?
If it's as low/forward as that looks it's going to have to stick up a lot to be visible from the inside...perhaps enough to look not so good.

Would the GT/CS possibly be offered with the PP? Was the Track Pack available on former CS cars?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If it's as low/forward as that looks it's going to have to stick up a lot to be visible from the inside...perhaps enough to look not so good.

Would the GT/CS possibly be offered with the PP? Was the Track Pack available on former CS cars?
The vents look not as long also. I'm wondering if the front fascia/hood was modified in any way on the '16s

I'm hoping with the statement that other packages were coming that the PP on the auto will be made available...we can hope!

Last edited:

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
All the California, all the Special, hold the fake scoops please...
Sponsored