Sponsored

2015 Mustang insurance increase?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
im paying 125 month to month. im getting boned in the behind apparently .
Where in SoCal are you? It's stupid expensive here, so that probably does not help matters. :headbonk:

Just for the stang alone...I am paying $86/mo ($40/mo increase with this car!), BUT we take advantage of whatever little discount programs the ins company offers that we qualify for; plus have a truck, renters insurance, and personal articles (jewelry, laptop) policies with them. That tends to knock down the cost.

I probably could save 15% or more if I switched to Geico, but I like my State Farm agent and I've worked with him for 18 years. :)
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where in SoCal are you? It's stupid expensive here, so that probably does not help matters. :headbonk:

Just for the stang alone...I am paying $86/mo ($40/mo increase with this car!), BUT we take advantage of whatever little discount programs the ins company offers that we qualify for; plus have a truck, renters insurance, and personal articles (jewelry, laptop) policies with them. That tends to knock down the cost.

I probably could save 15% or more if I switched to Geico, but I like my State Farm agent and I've worked with him for 18 years. :)
im in Oceanside. and I do not own the car. and im 25. so that probably raises my premium quite a bit.

vt89gtvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 red gt convertible
Mine is going up $40 a month adding the mustang to my USAA policy. I am keeping my 88 Bronco and 07 Altima on the policy as well for a total of $160 a month...

That is with just me on the policy and $500 deductibles. credit in the low 800's and only one ticket in the last 5 years. And they were the cheapest I could find by over $50 a month

packerfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt grabber blue
I would still rate check other places. That small of an increase likely has to do with the fact its a first year model and its more expensive to repair right now.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I always pay in full for 6 months. If they do get me it'll be after the 6 months is up. I doubt I'll see an increase. Being older has a few benefits.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
wreck 1 and it jumps higher. trust me l know.

mine was 16k total from hitting/jumping curve. 6k in rear suspension, broke like a indy car

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
im in Oceanside. and I do not own the car. and im 25. so that probably raises my premium quite a bit.
That's not bad for being 25 on a Mustang GT! My daughter is 21 and her 2014 Focus Titanium cost $140/month.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Insurance guy just called. We traded in a 2008 Nissan Rogue on the Mustang GT, and our premium dropped by $10/6mo. The mustang is $30 cheaper than our 148HP 2014 Impreza.

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
My policy just renewed and mine went up ~30/mo. No points or activity on my insurance.

Part of me wants to shop around, the other part of me appreciates the "Accident/Citation forgiveness" I have if I stick around...

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Actually the insurance should go down not up! The crash ratings for the mustang is in with 5 stars so i call that increase a BS!

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Actually the insurance should go down not up! The crash ratings for the mustang is in with 5 stars so i call that increase a BS!
This is a minor factor. In most states, medical treatment payouts are only a small percentage of money paid out by insurance companies (New York is an exemption because of systemic, rampant no-fault fraud, but put that aside). The cost of repairing cars is a far larger proportion of payouts, and so if a car is more expensive to repair than another car, it will have higher premiums. Safety ratings have nothing to do with how expensive a car is to fix.

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
I have USAA and completed a defensive driving online power point and saved ~$9 a month. This was while I was trying to lower it before getting a "Sports car" haha. You could try that.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have USAA and completed a defensive driving online power point and saved ~$9 a month. This was while I was trying to lower it before getting a "Sports car" haha. You could try that.
I have USAA also. Where on their website is that?

Diablocoastie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue EB (SOLD)
PM'd you Ecoboosted.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
My policy just renewed and mine went up ~30/mo. No points or activity on my insurance.

Part of me wants to shop around, the other part of me appreciates the "Accident/Citation forgiveness" I have if I stick around...
Dang that sucks, I am close to turning 25 so I am hoping my goes down a bit, though I have a pretty decent rate anyways so I don't really care either way.
Sponsored