Sponsored

True stock 0 to 60 times, cannot get under 6.4

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium ecoboost performance package
Hello,

I have the ecoboost with performance pack and mmr intake, I cannot for the life of me get my car 0 to 60 faster then 6.4 seconds. I have tried launching anywhere from 2200 to 3000 rmps and short shifting from redline all the way down to 5300 rpms. I live in arizona so 93 octane is not commonly available. However, we do have 100 octane mixed with 91 and you can get 93. Even on 93 6.4 is the number I keep pulling. Just curious to see what eveyone elses 0 to 60 times are. I found this youtube video this morning and the guy is saying the samething.

Sprint Launches 0-60mph - 2015 Ford Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost 6-Speed Manual:
Sponsored

Last edited:

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Hello,

I have the ecoboost with performance pack and mmr intake, I cannot for the life of me get my car 0 to 60 faster then 6.4 seconds. I have tried launch anywhere from 2200 to 3000 rmps and short shifting from redline all the way down to 5300 rpms. I live in arizona so 93 octane is not commonly available. However, we do have 100 octane mixed with 91 and you can get 93. Even on 93 6.4 is the number I keep pulling. Just curious to see what eveyone elses 0 to 60 times are. I found this youtube video this morning and the guy is saying the samething.

I am also in AZ and my best stock time was 5.6 on 91 octane.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

I have the ecoboost with performance pack and mmr intake, I cannot for the life of me get my car 0 to 60 faster then 6.4 seconds. I have tried launch anywhere from 2200 to 3000 rmps and short shifting from redline all the way down to 5300 rpms. I live in arizona so 93 octane is not commonly available. However, we do have 100 octane mixed with 91 and you can get 93. Even on 93 6.4 is the number I keep pulling. Just curious to see what eveyone elses 0 to 60 times are. I found this youtube video this morning and the guy is saying the samething.

Umm that dude isn't driving worth a shit, no burn out, shifting about as slow as a person can shift and he is leaving like a little bitch. Car won't drive itself

OP
OP

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Danfish, I noticed in your original post you reported a 6.1, did you get a tune or did your time just improve with practice to get to 5.6?

Last edited:

Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone complaining about 0-60 times should post up videos of the attempts that way we can weed out who needs the ever exclusive driver mod.

kevg73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Umm that dude isn't driving worth a shit, no burn out, shifting about as slow as a person can shift and he is leaving like a little bitch. Car won't drive itself
He also said he has the traction control still on. This guy just doesn't know what he's doing. I've gotten a 6.4 on my winter tires without too aggressive of a start. Under 6 should be no problem in a few weeks when I can get the summer tires back on. If you want to lower your times just keep practicing, it'll get there.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
If your car is a manual, it is going to be much harder to get a consistent number.

OP
OP

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone complaining about 0-60 times should post up videos of the attempts that way we can weed out who needs the ever exclusive driver mod.

Funny, I wasn't complaining, I was stating facts and simply asking what others have experienced. I did not blame the car nor did I ever say it was not the drive. I just got the car a few weeks ago, so I am sure it is the driver at this point. I was hoping people would give feedback on what they are doing to decrease their times, that simple. But, thank you for your post.

Sponsored

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
Remember that the car needs miles on it to be fully broken in. How many have you run so far? The car gets better and runs smoother over time. Just like most mechanical things.

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
OP, have a buddy give it a shot. That'll tell you if it's car or driver.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, I wasn't complaining, I was stating facts and simply asking what others have experienced. I did not blame the car nor did I ever say it was not the drive. I just got the car a few weeks ago, so I am sure it is the driver at this point. I was hoping people would give feedback on what they are doing to decrease their times, that simple. But, thank you for your post.
And I'm suggesting you video your attemps so you can get some feed back on how your doing and maybe get some pointers, and it sure sounded like complaining to me may bad if you weren't

OP
OP

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, having my friend drive the car is not a bad idea, I have driven his STI and my 0 to 60 times are right around 5.0 seconds before his tune and DP. And his are right around 4.7, but he drive his car everyday.

OP, have a buddy give it a shot. That'll tell you if it's car or driver.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
TC off, leave while feathering the clutch to get some, but not excessive wheelspin (don't bog either...it is a fine balance), shift at 5800 and powershift if you want the best times.
Sponsored