Sponsored

The Dust Show

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I love my Guard Metallic paint, but it is an absolute dust magnet! Maybe it's just the current state of the roads here in the Denver area, but it shows the dust more than any other car I've owned.... I washed and dried it and it was B E A utiful! It was completely spotless, then I drove about 40 - miles on dry roads and everything was completely dusty (maybe how the light was hitting it...), no spash marks or anything like that, just dust. Probably just another sign that I'm looking too closely at everything on this car!

Has anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I love my Guard Metallic paint, but it is an absolute dust magnet! Maybe it's just the current state of the roads here in the Denver area, but it shows the dust more than any other car I've owned.... I washed and dried it and it was B E A utiful! It was completely spotless, then I drove about 40 - miles on dry roads and everything was completely dusty (maybe how the light was hitting it...), no spash marks or anything like that, just dust. Probably just another sign that I'm looking too closely at everything on this car!

Has anyone else noticed this?
salt dust. blame all that fucking salt. following far behind the car in front of you may help with some of the front stuff.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Coming from a black car, I'm really pleased with how little my Guard car shows dust.

Last edited:

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yep. Dunno if its a Guard thing, a Mustang thing, or just a me thing, but I'll get about 10 miles out of a good cleaning then I'll start seeing dirt everywhere.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I've noticed the same on the magnetic. My previous car was silver and I could get away w/o washing it for weeks at a time if I wanted to. The worst spot on this car is the black area on the trunk. Once around the block and that's got a dusting on it.

Sponsored

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
Think thats bad?? Try a black car :( Its truly impossible to keep clean....

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Ruby Red is the same way. Seems like just as soon as I take my beautifully detailed car out of the garage, it's got dust on it. Especially the shiny black plastic panel in the back... That thing always looks like shit.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
2 words...california duster

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Here in FL, with a black car it's not terrible, not like I have to fully detail weekly. Sure, it does get dirty and needs a quick rinse every week or two, maybe a good wash monthly... Worth it!

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Think the car creates a weird vortex over the trunk and rear bumper cause my DIB is covered before I get out of my sunbdivision.

Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I swear that some of the body panels hold a static charge that attracts dust. Look at these photos how the dust sticks more to different body panels than others.
SAM_0707.jpg
SAM_0710.jpg
SAM_0691.jpg

ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I prefer "Guard" over "Ingot Silver". However for the exact reason the OP cites, I ordered the latter. I've had black cars and still have a "Highland Green Metallic" '08 Bullitt. In my life I have simply gotten tired of dust on clean cars and now generally want the color that is most compatible with driving in the winter in the mountain west. That is silver or white and on this Mustang I opted for silver.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I swear that some of the body panels hold a static charge that attracts dust. Look at these photos how the dust sticks more to different body panels than others.
Makes sense that more dust would stick to the plastic panels for that reason (static). You are right, I think.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Exactly why I will never own another Dark Colored Car. After having my Satin Silver Accord Coupe, Ingot Silver is My Choice. My Accord can be Absolutely Filthy and you can hardly tell except the Windows and Wheels. Which is another reason I Do Not want Black Wheels on My Eco-Boost Performance Pack Coupe.
Sponsored