Worst Problem Ever

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Ok so I got my car on the 18th of November and the car now has exactly 2,021 KM, I've had probably one of the worst issues you can have with a new car and it really sucks..... read below my post to Ford Facebook page which explains everything.

I just want to say I love all my Ford vehicles but this is something that I thought I should share because I am pissed.

I was so happy when my new Mustang came in after 4 months of waiting, I was like a kid in a candy store on my first drive home.

Too bad the excitement didn't last after that first major issue with less than 400 KM car completely died had to get it towed to the dealership where I was informed it was a crank sensor issue (umm wtf? on a new car) next was at 600 KM car died in the car wash engine completely died and wouldn't start (had to push the car out of the wash) Towed to my driveway where it was left overnight and started again in the morning, next 1800 KM was on CHRISTMAS EVE car died AGAIN towed to the dealership and I STILL have yet to see my car because the crank sensor is being ordered in (should of been fixed the first time). Got my car from the dealer on New Years Eve was told that the crank sensor and wiring harness were replaced and that the techs couldn't replicate the problem, took it to work 20 km away came back home, picked up my girlfriend that night and on our way home the car dies again!!

We sit in the car for about 30 min try turning the car on again and thankfully it fires up, I get home put the car in the garage and leave it there.

So to summarize:
2 claims to road side assistance in less than 2000 KM
4 times car has died completely out of random
Oh and the car has been in the shop longer than I have had it, thanks Ford Canada for a $50,000 piece of scrap metal.

This really sucks I am usually a pretty calm guy but this is just ridicules, the first time I called Ford I was being considerate that sh** like this happens and it can be fixed, but now after it was supposedly "fixed" it has happened again!

I don't want to drive my car anymore because fear for it turning off on the highway or while driving on the street and someone rear ending me or me going off the road. Ford has been pretty lucky that both times it has happened with Holidays and everything, but it's almost Friday so I hope they had a good holiday because I am one pissed customer :paddle:
Sponsored

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Welcome to the club. Ford CSM hasnt been much help and mine assigned to me is about to "go on vacation" . Ive had the car for 3 weeks financially, and Ive only driven it about half that. Good luck in getting things fixed, parts are either not available or dealers arent quick to jump to your aid. I hate to say it, but itll probably take a death or two for them to really start jumping to help. Cars dying, flywheels cracking, dead on the road, its only a matter of time. Ive notified Jalopnik of all the problems and the lack of help and they're investigating all of this themselves. A little bad press will light a fire in them im sure.

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Welcome to the club. Ford CSM hasnt been much help and mine assigned to me is about to "go on vacation" . Ive had the car for 3 weeks financially, and Ive only driven it about half that. Good luck in getting things fixed, parts are either not available or dealers arent quick to jump to your aid.
Now I know I'm not the only one with these problems, this is ridiculous I can't drive my car and it is impacting my everyday stuff, I have to borrow my mom's car which is a huge problem as she need's her car as well for work.

Hope they can fix the situation your in man.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Now I know I'm not the only one with these problems, this is ridiculous I can't drive my car and it is impacting my everyday stuff, I have to borrow my mom's car which is a huge problem as she need's her car as well for work.

Hope they can fix the situation your in man.
Same to you dude, supposedly Im going to hear the next course of action with mine, either they get the part or figure out how to get a new tranmission. LUCKILY, ive been on vacation for two weeks. Rather than enjoying and showing off my new ride, its been stuck at the dealer :ford:

To be honest, call the Ford number and start the process for vehicle buy back, check the Lemon Laws in your state, and get yourself a new one.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Not to make light of the situation, but the old moniker "Found on Road Dead" FORD, seams to apply here. Hopefully you guys get your cars situated ASAP.
I really want to have faith in this new platform, but things like this are really disappointing to say the least.
I've been waiting for parts too, but more of a cosmetic issue. When I was purchasing the car, someone ran into it after it was prepped and sitting on the lot. Didn't see the damage until after signing all the paperwork. At first they wanted to just repair the damage, but I pushed for a new front end clip. They agreed, and ordered the part, so now just waiting for the call so I can drop it off and have the new car that I paid for.
Good luck guys, hoping these are isolated incidents, and that they don't start showing up on a lot of other vehicles.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear you guys are having those issues. I hope your cars an get fixed right and soon and that it will not continue o break down.

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Not to make light of the situation, but the old moniker "Found on Road Dead" FORD, seams to apply here. Hopefully you guys get your cars situated ASAP.
I really want to have faith in this new platform, but things like this are really disappointing to say the least.
I've been waiting for parts too, but more of a cosmetic issue. When I was purchasing the car, someone ran into it after it was prepped and sitting on the lot. Didn't see the damage until after signing all the paperwork. At first they wanted to just repair the damage, but I pushed for a new front end clip. They agreed, and ordered the part, so now just waiting for the call so I can drop it off and have the new car that I paid for.
Good luck guys, hoping these are isolated incidents, and that they don't start showing up on a lot of other vehicles.
This is exactly why I like to share stories like what i'm experiencing, it helps spread the word on known issues so that when it happens to someone else they are not completely in the dark.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ok so I got my car on the 18th of November and the car now has exactly 2,021 KM, I've had probably one of the worst issues you can have with a new car and it really sucks.....
Worst issues you could have with a new car? Tell that to the people whose entire families are killed in new cars because of defects, and they have to go through life knowing that their loved ones are dead because of manufacturing mixups.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Worst issues you could have with a new car? Tell that to the people whose entire families are killed in new cars because of defects, and they have to go through life knowing that their loved ones are dead because of manufacturing mixups.
You are taking this way out of proportion, it's part my fault for not being more clear with my thread.

This is MY worst problem I have had with a new car, this was not meant to be a generalization of all problems had with new vehicles I know that there are far worse things that can happen but I am bringing light to my situation so that if it happens to someone else they can address it in order to avoid any accidents.

I am still a bit confused at how you associated my post with people getting killed, considering that I could have been killed as well with this problem, luckily I was not but I could have been.

I apologize if I offended you in any way.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Ford does have the following options available- Contact Ford: Call Ford's Customer Assistance Center at 800-392-3673 to register a complaint.

If they cannot resolve your complaint, ask for an arbitration package for the Dispute Settlement Board. Dispute Settle: This is Ford's arbitration program for reimbursement of repairs or buyback of a lemon. If you get a bad decision, you can reject it and take Ford to court. If you accept it, Ford must abide. Both the consumer and Ford submit comments and records to the board by mail. In most cases, the board will not hear a complaint outside the express warranty - the length of which varies for the powertrain, emissions & other components. Important: The consumer is allowed to rebutt Ford's comments.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
My Two Cents

Just finished reading this Thread. My car (Auto GT) has 2300 miles on the clock and knock on wood has been great. But......... Just after purchase with 421 miles on the clock it just shut off at 40 MPH in traffic. I was able to restart and continue till I entered a Bypass it shut down again at 55 MPH and was able to restart it and continue directly to my Dealer. Needless to say I was less than impressed. My dealer went all over the car road tested it and could not find anything wrong. They had it for over an hour. This was not good enough for me so they reflashed the computer and it appears the problem has been resolved. Not saying this is the fix just saying this is what they did for me and the problem has not returned. I hope you get it sorted out real fast. There is nothing worse than just cruising along and then flame out

OP
OP
Mirko03

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Any update?
The car has been at the Dealership since December 31st, they have given me a rental which is a base F-150 (that's what you get when you spend $50,000).

Last I heard they have upgraded the status to tier 2 (whatever that means) and that Ford is ending one of their engineer's to come down and see if he can diagnose the problem because apparently the dealership techs cannot.

I will keep you guys updated as information becomes available.
Sponsored