Loss of power

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
gen3 cars are known for having weird idle characteristics. According to Lund its something in the Ford calibration that causes the phasers to go to 0 randomly.
Does it lower the hp significantly too?
Sponsored

RacerMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
CAI and headers is not FBO. Check your CAI and make sure its tight on throttle body and at the filter. A loose filter clamp can and will stall your car, it also explains the uneven idle.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Does it lower the hp significantly too?
No it won't cause any power loss, it's just an idle characteristic.

Not saying that your idle issue is this or that your idle issue isn't indicative of something else being wrong.

You should post some logs so we can look through them and see if anything jumps out. Would be good to post old logs of when the car was running good if you have those too.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
gen3 cars are known for having weird idle characteristics. According to Lund its something in the Ford calibration that causes the phasers to go to 0 randomly.
I did not know this. Maybe that’s why my car idles like crap on the factory tune.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I did not know this. Maybe that’s why my car idles like crap on the factory tune.
It's not supposed to. If the idle is wonky it's usually because the phasers can't hold lock on their target, either because of the solenoids or the phasers themselves. I could maybe see the oil pressure bypass exacerbating a borderline issue, but anyone who says that's normal or expected behavior is smoking crack.

Now if you're talking about the idle being "chunky" but consistent, then yes that's normal as far as I can tell.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You know more about this stuff than me so let me know what you think
If this is a tune issue from Ford all cars would do it.

I'll hold off judgment.

Sponsored
OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
No it won't cause any power loss, it's just an idle characteristic.

Not saying that your idle issue is this or that your idle issue isn't indicative of something else being wrong.

You should post some logs so we can look through them and see if anything jumps out. Would be good to post old logs of when the car was running good if you have those too.
I will definitely try to do some logs soon and post them here.

The stock guy who gapped me is my friend and he may need to check his vct. He got the code P0012 once and his idle or when he stops is doing this weird idle characteristic. He got it worse than mine. So I guess it doesn't affect the power.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Are yo using the insert for that CAI?

If not that item responds well to an added air straighter. Honey comb or sometimes just adding a screen helps a ton.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Are yo using the insert for that CAI?

If not that item responds well to an added air straighter. Honey comb or sometimes just adding a screen helps a ton.
The insert is out.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The insert is out.
Add an air straighter. Where the tube slips together before the MAF sensor, get some window screen and wrap it around the tube so as for it to be flat across the tube opening. This should help. If it does buy or make a honey comb insert.
Sponsored