The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just received an email from Gyeon about a new rim protector. I don’t know if it’s just new to us here in the US or not but I was wondering if you have tried this D? Or if anybody’s tried it. Maybe it’s brand brand new as they said they were thrilled to introduce it.

Q² Rim EVO. Seems steep at $54.99 but it might be just right.
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Just received an email from Gyeon about a new rim protector. I don’t know if it’s just new to us here in the US or not but I was wondering if you have tried this D? Or if anybody’s tried it. Maybe it’s brand brand new as they said they were thrilled to introduce it.

Its been out a while, I bought a bottle a while back to use on my cars but my previous coating is still hanging in there. I will install at some point. All reviews say it is a decent coating..

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on order and will be applying to 2 sets of wheels over weekend. I used Q2 Rim in the past with good results, and expecting Evo to be better at least in some ways.
The key point they advertise is better longevity.
Nice. Can’t wait to hear your experience on it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Nice. Can’t wait to hear your experience on it.
Sure, will share my feedback. Actually, a week later they will get a good amount of beating at a race track, I will share the insights on how easy it will be to wash them from race pads dust.

Overall, I do not expect anything revolutionary. I have used wheel coating from gtechniq on one set, and q2 rim on another. Application is very similar, and the main benefit for me is the ease of cleaning from brake dust. With either coating, I just hit it with wheel cleaner, followed by pressure washer rinse and most of the dust/gunk comes off without mechanical wash.

It's hard for me to comment on longevity, as on one hand I don't daily these wheels much, but on another hand they live pretty harsh life at the tracks with huge temperature spikes, agressive dust, driving in sun, pouring rain and everything in between, as well as frequent mounts/dismounts. Coatings still last between 1-2 seasons in these conditions. I expect something similar from Evo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Don't rule out Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating. It's a little more expensive but its delivering what other wheel coatings haven't. I couldn't be happier with it!

Armour Wheel Coating – Armour Detail Supply

IMG-9774.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm late to the party, but I'm now on board the Touchless train.

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less Snow Foam Pre Wash Touch Less 5L (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-0143.jpg

I was sent about 2 liters of Touchless to sample last year, I tried it a few times and was not impressed. That's because I was diluting it too much in the foam cannon bottle and via the high flow rate of my pressure washer. I continued to use it in different dilutions and now think I have it dialed. Having said that, the bottle Touchless above is the recently superseded version, a more concentrated reformulation is available overseas and shouldn't be far off. That will mean recalculating the convoluted panel impact ratio. :frown:

I'll be completely honest in that I'm not using this soap on my own cars, they just don't need that sort of cleaning power. However, Touchless is too good not to have around when dealing with far dirtier cars than my own, it's cleaning ability is remarkable.

Also in that order was the new XL version of the Detail Factory Tire Brush.

Detail Factory - ProGrip Tire Scrub Brush | The Rag Company
Detail Factory XL Tyre Brush Scrubbing Brush (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-0149.jpg

IMG-0152.jpg

Compared to the excellent original, the XL version offers four times the surface area, which should prove useful on larger side walls.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Spare parts for the Kranzle arrived today.

IMG-0155.jpg

IMG-0156.jpg

The check valve kit I will keep for stock, the pressure gauge will be installed to replace the non-operative original.

I have also ordered a bottle of Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver, which should prevent damage to pistons and seals for long term storage or infrequent use.

Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver™ – Power Mowers

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Spare parts for the Kranzle arrived today.

IMG-0155.jpg

IMG-0156.jpg

The check valve kit I will keep for stock, the pressure gauge will be installed to replace the non-operative original.

I have also ordered a bottle of Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver, which should prevent damage to pistons and seals for long term storage or infrequent use.

Briggs & Stratton Pump Saver™ – Power Mowers
I have used the Briggs and Stratton pump saver in my PW for many years, my gas powered one anyway. I just bring my electric one inside for cold weather. It is a cheap throw away unit, I will probably use it on my electric when I upgrade to a nicer unit down the road..

I got my Rag Company shipment yesterday. Most things were just restock of the things I have used, even got a couple 5 liter jugs too. That said, I got one I really want to try. Dammit, that rabbit hole :)

IMG_0737.jpeg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have used the Briggs and Stratton pump saver in my PW for many years, my gas powered one anyway. I just bring my electric one inside for cold weather. It is a cheap throw away unit, I will probably use it on my electric when I upgrade to a nicer unit down the road..

I got my Rag Company shipment yesterday. Most things were just restock of the things I have used, even got a couple 5 liter jugs too. That said, I got one I really want to try. Dammit, that rabbit hole :)

IMG_0737.jpeg
You will love it!

IMG-9449.jpg

IMG-9441.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My order arrived yesterday, D but, my replacement valves are GREEN. Did I get the wrong part?

kranzle-valve-rebuild-kit.jpg
No, all good. Apparently Kranzle make them in green and red, I got red ones and you got green. Not sure why they do that.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
No, all good. Apparently Kranzle make them in green and red
Whew, thanks amigo! I'm so absentminded that I screw-up retail orders more often than I'd like to admit. Always in too big of a hurry. :=)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
While I knew this was coming, Detailing Shed have just announced the addition of Armour Detail Supply to their store, the first to sell the brand in Australia.

ARMOUR Detail Supply (detailingshed.com.au)

Armour Detail Supply is the brainchild of a young bloke called Bradley Nilsen, who also runs a detailing and PPF studio called Naples Auto Armour in Bonita Springs, Florida. I love these sort of stories, a young guy with the drive and passion to take it to the big boys.

Top Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coating in Naples, FL | Naples Auto Armour
Best Car Detailing Products & Supplies - Armour Detail Supply

naa101.jpg

The Armour Detail Supply range is centered around high solids count ceramic coatings. The focus is on real world durability claims rather the best-case-scenario figures provided by key competitors. In addition to the coatings, they also have a line of maintenance products.

For the time being, Detailing Shed are offering the range of ceramic coatings for paint, glass and wheels. To date, I have only used the high-temp wheel coating, easily the best wheel coating on the market.

ARMOUR Detail Supply Wheel Coating (detailingshed.com.au)

Compared to other wheel specific coatings that I have used in the past, I love the slickness and extreme hydrophobic behavior of Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating. Quite often, those two elements are missing from other similar products. And from what I have noticed over the years, most wheel coatings are lucky to achieve their quoted durability, so if the claims of two years and beyond are true, then this is arguably the products best attribute.

IMG-9774.jpg

I now have this coating on two cars..........................and one lawn mower! It can be applied to all wheel finishes, including matte black, and can also be used to coat brake calipers and dust shields...............anything that will be subjected to high heat conditions. The initial wipe off is pretty grabby, but it smooths out to a slick finish once it's been fully leveled and cured.

IMG-0792.jpg

IMG-9860.jpg

IMG-0103.jpg

IMG-0845.jpg

Coating the lawn mower was more so as a laugh, but its actually keeping the unit cleaner, not attracting dust like you would expect and a simple hose down is all it needs.

IMG-1076.jpg

More on the wheel coating here -
Armour Detail Supply Wheel Coating Review | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Of the other coatings offered, its pleasing to see these also offer a slick finish. Again, slickness is often traded for additional durability, so this aspect has it sitting as a strong contender to coat my S650...............if Ford ever build it. And while not available just yet, I'm see Amplify ceramic quick detailer gaining a strong following, same for the Shampoo+ maintenance soap.

It's been a while since I was genuinely excited about a new detailing brand hitting Australian shores, Armour Detail Supply could very well be the next Carpro.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I love these sort of stories, a young guy with the drive and passion to take it to the big boys.
I couldn't agree more, D and I hope he is wildly successful.

Regarding Armour, I see that they offer two coatings, Armour Quartz Coating ($80) and, Armour PRO Quartz Coating ($120), have you tried either? The Pro version is definitely popular as there are a number of videos and reviews on it and all give it high marks as you've undoubtedly seen in your own research.
Sponsored