HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Again where is the power going to come from?
I can only speak for myself and the millions who live nearby.

Demand has always varied massively over a 24 hour period. When its hot out, more demand during the day. When its cold out, more demand at night. More demand during business hours. Less demand when most are sleeping.

I'm currently paying 3 cents per KWH for 5 hours each weekday and 11 cents for 16 hours each weekday and weekends. I pay 30 cents per KWH for 3 hours each weekday. There are fixed rate plans but this plan was cheapest for me before I bought an EV and is even better since because the EV mostly pays 3 cents per KWH or 11 cents at most. The power company is making a profit at that rate.

I'm paying about 15% as much to charge my EV as I pay for gas for the same miles driven. My EV knows to charge itself at the cheapest time.

Point being, there is plenty of unused capacity here and now. I don't think that will change while I own the car, but we'll see.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are you being forced to buy one right now?

Ford released a new non-hybrid Mustang to the surprise of almost everyone.

Doesn't seem like much forcing is happening.
I understand the hate for the govt using taxes we all pay and splitting it between EV buyers and the makers. Effectively, much of the income tax credits go to the EV makers because supply and demand lets them charge more for the cars than they could without the tax credits.

I hate that. But instead of hating the EV, I support and vote for any candidate that opposes that BS.

But hating the EV is wrong. Reminds me of some politician who's name escapes me but who didn't want to recognize a grandchild because of how she was made. The kid was still a blessing and my EV is just as great as it would have been without the shenanigans that created it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Never really understood the hate for EVโ€™s. For some of you it seems visceral.
Then you don't understand the scam.
But more importantly we were robbed at gun point to enrich the wealthy based on a fantastically wrong premise. And we got additional ecological damage like a cherry on top.
At some level ev == tyranny. And Americans have visceral reactions to tyranny. And to theft, esp when couched in do goodie nonsense
Hello; BEV's work well for some. Motorcycles work well for some. Dedicated off-road vehicles work well for some. Two seat sports cars work well for some. The issue is not that current EV's cannot find a niche. I and many others do not mind or care if someone owns an EV.

The rancor (hate if you will) is mainly about the mandates in place based on a faulty premise of a "save the planet" idea. I could be convinced to have an EV but cannot be "forced" to do so sort of rebellion against the mandates.

Early in this new thread and in other threads it has been convincingly shown the EV is an inferior vehicle platform to the ICE overall. I could make a current EV work for part of my transportation needs but would have to have an ICE pickup to do all I need to do. On the other hand, I could do everything i need to do with only one ICE pickup.

In adifferent thread it is shown that overall the BEV's are currently getting subsidies and incentive monies valued at around $50,000. Yet even with that sort of helping hand they remain more costly to buy than a similar ICE. Go figure.

Perhaps a more clear delineation is among the riding lawnmowers for sale. Go shope for an EV mower and compare to an ICE rider. The EV is found to cost twice as much by me. Gues there is none of the picking the pockets of taxpayers to subsidize EV mowers???

NOTE- have to hand it to you all. I went away for a few hours and this thread gained six or more pages.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Don't think they are building them for the average Joe. That's why the ICE models still exist.

Neither Ford nor GM are a bellweather of the entire market.
two of the largest auto manufacturers on the planet and toyota already said "we ain't doing that shit" so there's 3 ... the denial is strong with you.

you're like the hood mom screaming "my baby diddin do nuffin" when he gets caught with 3 kilos a tech 9 and has a shootout with the cops while high on PCP.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
two of the largest auto manufacturers on the planet and toyota already said "we ain't doing that shit" so there's 3 ... the denial is strong with you.

you're like the hood mom screaming "my baby diddin do nuffin" when he gets caught with 3 kilos a tech 9 and has a shootout with the cops while high on PCP.
Nope, you can look it up. Toyota is selling stake in Denso, which is the largest supplier in the world, to fund its EV push.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hello; BEV's work well for some. Motorcycles work well for some. Dedicated off-road vehicles work well for some. Two seat sports cars work well for some. The issue is not that current EV's cannot find a niche. I and many others.
I donโ€™t see how thatโ€™s true given current trends in the automotive landscape.

Yes, they arenโ€™t for everyone. But to say they donโ€™t have a niche doesnโ€™t make sense.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I understand the hate for the govt using taxes we all pay and splitting it between EV buyers and the makers. Effectively, much of the income tax credits go to the EV makers because supply and demand lets them charge more for the cars than they could without the tax credits.

I hate that. But instead of hating the EV, I support and vote for any candidate that opposes that BS.

But hating the EV is wrong. Reminds me of some politician who's name escapes me but who didn't want to recognize a grandchild because of how she was made. The kid was still a blessing and my EV is just as great as it would have been without the shenanigans that created it.
Perfectly fine to disagree with how theyโ€™ve become prevalent. I donโ€™t think youโ€™re alone there. I appreciate the transparency.

Canโ€™t say the same for others in this thread.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There is a gap with many between market forces and regulatory forces in this thread.

The best analogy is F1 saying everyone has to run turbo 6 cylinders, and Ferrari saying nope, the people want the V12 back, so we are doing a V12 next year.

Guess what. Ferrari either does it, or isn't running in 2024. It has nothing to do with what the market wants.

And GMs own website says it wants everyone in EVs. Which is like Ferrari arguing they actually want turbo 6 cylinders. So the only people screaming for the V12s are the fans. Well guess what, the fans aren't getting a V12. And there is no other racing series which has one.

Market forces don't matter.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Racing regs is one thing. Though I'd love for Ferrari to actually put a na v12 in the current chassis and tell the cartel to shove it. They'd have a turbo 6 on the sly but what happened to being unapologetic big swinging dick?

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Nope, you can look it up. Toyota is selling stake in Denso, which is the largest supplier in the world, to fund its EV push.
they're selling some stocks to do R&D dude but keep ignoring them going on record basically saying companies going full EV are batshit crazy.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Donโ€™t know you or care to. Youโ€™re the one who said โ€˜youโ€™re like a hood mom.. โ€˜ to someone you donโ€™t know.
Maybe you are trying to be funny or just condescending.
The rest of your statement slips right into โ€ฆ.. mode.
Have no idea what your last statement means. Donโ€™t really care.

Such an emotional out burst over a discussion of EVs cannot be good.
I donโ€™t care if EVs survive or not.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Golly geeโ€ฆ14 more pages in the S550 forum again with EVโ€™s?. Who is monitoring this bullshit! Quit clogging the most popular forum! Mods???
Sponsored